Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

COVID-19: NYSC Member Donates One Month Allowance To Bauchi Govt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: NYSC Member Donates One Month Allowance To Bauchi Govt (147 Views)

Frontline Health Workers Accuse Lagos Of Owing Four-month Allowance. / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) / Baby Born With Four Legs In Bauchi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: NYSC Member Donates One Month Allowance To Bauchi Govt by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 22, 2020
A member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Andara Daniel, has donated his N33,000 April allowance to Bauchi State Palliative Committee on COVID-19 to support the fight against the scourge.

Daniel, who made the donation in Bauchi during the stakeholders meeting on COVID-19, said that although the amount was meagre, he made the donation out of sheer selflessness to his fatherland.

“When a situation like this confronts our nation, we corps members, who have sworn to serve our nation selflessly and diligently, see it as a responsibility or duty to put hands together with the government.

“We must join hands with the government to put an end to such a situation.”

Daniel, who is an indigene of Bogoro Local Government Area of Bauchi State, said he wished the gesture would motivate people earning millions of naira from the government to do the same.

“I know what I’m donating is small and it cannot be used to fight the novel coronavirus.

“However, it serves as a show of selflessness to my dear fatherland, and it is also an example to those collecting hundreds of thousands and millions from the government to also do the same,” Daniel said.

Responding, Governor Bala Mohammad, who received the donation on behalf of the state government, said he was impressed by the gesture and the courage of the corps member.

“I am highly impressed by selflessness and bravery of this young man and I am calling on  other citizens in the state to emulate his act of patriotism.”

Daily Trust
Re: COVID-19: NYSC Member Donates One Month Allowance To Bauchi Govt by TransflectTP(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2020
cool
Re: COVID-19: NYSC Member Donates One Month Allowance To Bauchi Govt by jidamsel43(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2020
Sensational news
Re: COVID-19: NYSC Member Donates One Month Allowance To Bauchi Govt by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 22, 2020
This move is now stale. Corpses members in different states have been doing it.

Cross River? Check
Bauchi? Check.

(1) (Reply)

A New Option For Treating Adenomyosis–fuyan Pill / Hungarian-trained-nigerian-doctor’s Cure For Covid-19 Claim / Federal Government Begins Screening Of 19 Companies For Covid-19 Herb Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.