Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? (836 Views)

Theft Of Farm Produce Spreads Across Nigeria / These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2020
Please there is this disease affecting my maize(corn) �, i planted on my farm, it's now affecting my vegetables too, please somebody should recommend what i can use to stop it before it spoilt all, your prompt response is appreciated, thank you.

1 Share

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2020
That's why i don't like posting in other thread, them don start view, they will not comment.

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by Atlanticfire: 4:37pm On May 22, 2020
kabanayol9:
That's why i don't like posting in other thread, them don start view, they will not comment.

why is your blood hot like this?

You posted and you want solution within 20 minutes.

We can not even see the problem from the picture you posted.

Anyway release chicken into the farm, if the problem is caused by insects, the chicken will eat the insects

As you don collect the 1st position now, wetin you gain. Only you post question, only you collect 1st position.

2 Likes

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 4:54pm On May 22, 2020
Atlanticfire:

why is your blood hot like this?

You posted and you want solution within 20 minutes.

We can not even see the problem from the picture you posted.

Anyway release chicken into the farm, if the problem is caused by insects, the chicken will eat the insects

As you don collect the 1st position now, wetin you gain. Only post question, only you collect 1st position.
No vez i beg, i for chill small, the problem is within the leaves, oh thank you so much, i do appreciate.
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by Jinkamii: 7:04pm On May 22, 2020
Get Rabbit Urine and how to use it , if u can, it will solve all ur problems

1 Like

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by Jinkamii: 7:05pm On May 22, 2020
little snails that come out after it rains are doing damage to ur farm

1 Like

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by majorgr: 8:45pm On May 22, 2020
Usually you spray fingicides, go to your local agro allied store to ask for the one suitable. Never spray pesticides if crop has started flowering to prevent fruits from containing unsafe amount of pesticides.
Also, the picture didn't really capture the disease so i don't know how to address it. Could you snap from a better view?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 11:27pm On May 22, 2020
Jinkamii:
Get Rabbit Urine and how to use it , if u can, it will solve all ur problems
thank you.
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2020
Jinkamii:
little snails that come out after it rains are doing damage to ur farm
ok thanks.
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2020
majorgr:
Usually you spray fingicides, go to your local agro allied store to ask for the one suitable. Never spray pesticides if crop has started flowering to prevent fruits from containing unsafe amount of pesticides.
Also, the picture didn't really capture the disease so i don't know how to address it. Could you snap from a better view?
Thank you, i do appreciate.
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by Sahusmedfarm: 4:13am On May 23, 2020
Try and single out an effected plant and capture the problem so as to be able to diagnose the problem more.
Also check around the plant, under the leave for the presence of any insect.
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by OluchiDelly: 5:26am On May 23, 2020
kabanayol9:

Lol,
Your picture did not clearly capture the defective ones among your corn. But what I m seeing from afar appears like armyworm infestation.
To check it out, sacrifice a defective plant among your corn,gently tear down the foliage(you can use a knife or blade) and concentrate on the "pipe" , the armyworm, greenish brown colour worm, usually stay at the bottom of the pipe and covers itself up with the debris of its waste product. Perform this exercise and get back with the feedback. If it is the one, people will surely give you the solution you want.

1 Like

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 6:35am On May 23, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Lol,
Your picture did not clearly capture the defective ones among your corn. But what I m seeing from afar appears like armyworm infestation.
To check it out, sacrifice a defective plant among your corn,gently tear down the foliage(you can use a knife or blade) and concentrate on the "pipe" , the armyworm, greenish brown colour worm, usually stay at the bottom of the pipe and covers itself up with the debris of its waste product. Perform this exercise and get back with the feedback. If it is the one, people will surely give you the solution you want.
you are point man, exactly the type of thing i noticed, i will do just that and get back to you guyz, thanks.
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2020
This is the thing disturbing my maize

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 1:16pm On May 23, 2020
here is another view
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by Kennyprince: 1:30pm On May 23, 2020
Use catapillar force.

It is a power substance like that. Measure a two spoon into a bucket of water.

U can use any plastic bottle, open the cover with a nail, fill the water inside and spray
Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by OluchiDelly: 8:52pm On May 23, 2020
kabanayol9:
This is the thing disturbing my maize
That's armyworm.
Very destructive, stubborn and cunny.
Its right below those debris you are seeing.
It uses the debris to insulate itself from attack. If you sprsy insecticide anyhow, it gets absorbed and neutralized by the debris and it will not touch it.
It also developed resistance towards many insecticides.
Findings show it moves towards the surface/ mouth of the foliage in the morning and return to the bottom when the sun is out. So the best time to apply insecticide is in the morning before sunrise.
Nozzle must be directed towards the mouth of the pipe when spraying (for shorter crop). Unfortunately your corn has gone taller (maybe than you self) you may end up spraying your body if you want to use this method. So its better to use the water bottle method of the poster above since you farm is no big.
Every farmer has diff testimony of the insecticides that work for them. To some, its laraforce, army force, catapillarforce, neem, etc. Most important thing is to spray at the target spot and time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Pesticides Can I Use To Kill Pest Eating My Farm Produce? by kabanayol9(m): 1:54am On May 24, 2020
OluchiDelly:

That's armyworm.
Very destructive, stubborn and cunny.
Its right below those debris you are seeing.
It uses the debris to insulate itself from attack. If you sprsy insecticide anyhow, it gets absorbed and neutralized by the debris and it will not touch it.
It also developed resistance towards many insecticides.
Findings show it moves towards the surface/ mouth of the foliage in the morning and return to the bottom when the sun is out. So the best time to apply insecticide is in the morning before sunrise.
Nozzle must be directed towards the mouth of the pipe when spraying (for shorter crop). Unfortunately your corn has gone taller (maybe than you self) you may end up spraying your body if you want to use this method. So its better to use the water bottle method of the poster above since you farm is no big.
Every farmer has diff testimony of the insecticides that work for them. To some, its laraforce, army force, catapillarforce, neem, etc. Most important thing is to spray at the target spot and time.
Thank you so much sir, this was really helpful...

(1) (Reply)

Brachiaria Grass: A Must For Livestock Farmers..now Available / Bitter Cola Can Be Supplied / Unimaginable Harvest; How to have a Bumper Fish Harvest without Changing Water!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.