Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode (2804 Views)

Kano APC Counters Ganduje's Purported Suspension,sacks Ward Leaders / Edo: Labour Party Adopts Indirect Primary, Pegs Guber Form At ₦‎25 Million / Rivers State APC Adopts Indirect Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by bolaayenimo: 4:05pm On May 22, 2020
The Edo state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday said it is adopting the indirect primary method for the emergence of the party’s flagbearer in the September 19, 2020 governorship election in the state.

The National Working Committee (NWC) had in the early hours of Friday said it has adopted direct primary option, where all registered party members will elect for the governorship flagbearer.

However, speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Anselm Ojezua, Edo state chairman of APC said the NWC lacks the power to impose the direct method on the state as the National Executive Committee (NEC) had clearly stated that each state is at liberty to adopt any method it prefers.

According to him, stakeholders in Edo APC just concluded a crucial meeting where they adopted the indirect or delegate primary method.

He said: “The NWC cannot decide the mode of the primary. The decision of the National Executive Committee (NEC) is very clear and that is, every state will choose the mode of primary it wants and notify the NWC for them to act on.”

“In that regard, we have just concluded our meeting here today, made up of the State Executive Committee and the statutory national delegates to the convention.

“We have adopted the indirect primary method as the preferred mode for the governorship election. We are preparing the resolution and very soon, we will prepare a statement to that effect,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-apc-adopts-indirect-primary-says-nwc-lacks-power-to-decide-mode-of-primary/

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Iriruaga100(m): 4:07pm On May 22, 2020
A fight to finish!! I see APC having no candidate for election

14 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 22, 2020
I thought some people said Obaseki will win.Why is he afraid of Direct Primary?

Either way, Obaseki looses because is the National Chairman that INEC recognizes in term of submission of Candidate

7 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by bolaayenimo: 4:11pm On May 22, 2020
Same way I feel here. Roforofo fight

Iriruaga100:

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by tope777(m): 4:11pm On May 22, 2020
Federal Vs State grin

No Peace for the Wicked....

3 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by MuchAdo: 4:12pm On May 22, 2020
Hahaha
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Seerade029: 4:13pm On May 22, 2020
Lol, Apc might end up not having candidate if they fail to meet the deadline.

Tho i think it's not possible for the Edo apc to reject the recommendation of NWC

3 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Iriruaga100(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Same way I feel here. Roforofo fight

You don't need a prophet to tell you!! Rivers and Zamfara loading..

5 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 22, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Exactly my thought.

Because in the end, they will approach the court for interpretation.

And they court is likely to rule both of them illegal because while NWC cannot impose on the state, based on NEC decision to allow them liberty, the state SEC of the party also had no power to disobey the NWC decision.

Like Rivers, shall it be in Edo.

6 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by jom28gy(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2020
Politics is seriously building it tent here

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by oz4real83(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2020
myboy2111:
every voting process u see in a party's primaries is only acting, it has already been done in secret and a candidate has been chosen whether direct or indirect. When everybody knows everybody's game and moves, u must be proactive just like what Obaseki is doing to counter Oshiomole group's moves.

6 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by haffaze777(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2020
APC and their confusion sha,well wetin concern me?to d mod wey ban me Thanda fire ur yanshgrin

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by bolaayenimo: 4:24pm On May 22, 2020
I think he wants to fight and rather make Edo lose the state than allow Oshiomhole have his way

myboy2111:

3 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Paperwhite(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2020
More problems loading for Edo APC.Another Zamfara or Rivers case scenario on the way.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2020
Adams no fit fight this one finish, APC would be consumed

3 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 22, 2020
myboy2111:

Either way, Obaseki looses because is the National Chairman that INEC recognizes in term of submission of Candidate

if the national chairman does not do his job properly, the court will do it for him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by bolaayenimo: 4:47pm On May 22, 2020
Buhari wont interfere now until it gets worse

Lostz:

if the national chairman does not do his job properly, the court will do it for him.
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Iriruaga100(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2020
Awol1:

Exactly my thought.

Because in the end, they will approach the court for interpretation.

And they court is likely to rule both of them illegal because while NWC cannot impose on the state, based on NEC decision to allow them liberty, the state SEC of the party also had no power to disobey the NWC decision.

Like Rivers, shall it be in Edo.

Any court of law will declare the decision of NWC illegal, because NCE has given clear directive to the various state chapter to choose between direct or indirect primary..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by UAE123(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2020
Both parties should be ashamed that they have not been able to resolve their issues. Leaders of the party also should hide their head in shame for letting this issue drag on for this long
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by senatordave1(m): 4:52pm On May 22, 2020
Iriruaga100:

I agree unfortunately
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by senatordave1(m): 4:54pm On May 22, 2020
myboy2111:

Yes
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by fyneguy: 5:03pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:
Lol, Apc might end up not having candidate if they fail to meet the deadline.

Tho i think it's not possible for the Edo apc to reject the recommendation of NWC

This was how Amosun group lost out. INEC recognized Abiodun, who emerged the winner of the direct primary.

3 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Seerade029: 5:05pm On May 22, 2020
fyneguy:

This was how Amosun group lost out. INEC recognized Abiodun, who emerged the winner of the direct primary.

Gbam!
Na wa oooo
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:05pm On May 22, 2020
grin grin grin

Exercise in Futility!

Ogun State Under Amosun Did The Same, And It Didn't Stand.

For Those Talking About Court Cases;

APC has learnt his lessons....No Court Would Try That Rubbish Again...Because APC Will Be Ahead Of Them All...

What Will Happen: Obaseki Will Only Be Contesting That He Is The Authentic Candidate Of The APC Via Indirect Primaries, While Iyamu Will Contesting His Via Direct Primaries...

None of them will ask for annulment of the Primaries in Court...

Head or Tail APC Will Participate,...

4 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by fyneguy: 5:06pm On May 22, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Any court of law will declare the decision of NWC illegal, because NCE has given clear directive to the various state chapter to choose between direct or indirect primary..

a big lie. Inec only recognizes the decision of NWC

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Okoroawusa: 5:08pm On May 22, 2020
Make dem no come scatter things for APC for Edo with this their yeye supremacy fight
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Okoroawusa: 5:09pm On May 22, 2020
Make dem no come scatter things for APC for Edo with this their yeye supremacy fight

The whole thing is getting childish
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by dahnimoh(m): 5:11pm On May 22, 2020
I think say this stubborn obase Don tire

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Righteousness89(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2020
When 2 Elephants fight it's the Grass that Suffers!

Oshimole work in Lagos has come to hunt him In Edo..
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 22, 2020
Iriruaga100:

But what happened in Ogun State ? NWC candidate was recognized of Ogun APC exco

2 Likes

Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by ddippset(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2020
At the end of the day the judiciary will again prove to be a pawn in the hands of politicians.

What will happen?

Within the last week of the primaries in June, We will we different court orders stopping and supporting the primaries.

That is where Obaseki will have the advantage because as Governor, the entire state judiciary is inside his pocket.

State High Court Benin
Federal High Court Benin
Appeal Court Benin

Na Obaseki get them.

Again the judiciary will be used by both sides to do the dirty job.
Re: Edo APC Counters NWC, Adopts Indirect Primary Mode by bolaayenimo: 6:04pm On May 22, 2020
Edo is not Lagos

Righteousness89:
When 2 Elephants fight it's the Grass that Suffers!

Oshimole work in Lagos has come to hunt him In Edo..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Bukola Saraki Where He Was Seen Looking At Buhari. / An Open Letter To Northern Graduates / Twitter Pushes Back On Fed Govt Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.