Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing (949 Views)

Order/purchase Ur Tokunbo Engine And Gearboxes / In Need Of Tokunbo Engine For 2003 To 05 Camry / 5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by Buharifan: 10:15pm On May 22, 2020
So on Wednesday me and my mechanic went to Ladipo to buy a tokunbo engine and he completed fixing it today.

When he tries to start the car, he discovered the engine has jumped timing. I was wow! Another delay.

He gave me two option:
1 To return the engine and collect another one
2. To open the engine and fixed the chain. But he said there is no assurance this wont happen again.

The issue here it might take upto monday to get another engine. I am looking at the time it will take to put a new one and go back to abuja.

Also how possible it is to say tokunbo engine jumped timing.

Please advise me.

Cc: GAZZUZZ
Re: Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 10:25pm On May 22, 2020
Make Una come help the op from bad kazeem
Re: Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by Billiebaba(m): 12:58am On May 23, 2020
Normally, engine from ladipo is only God. The best thing to do is let him remove the engine and return it to seller for rectification or collect another one, if he tempers it, and something else happens to the engine, omo igbo no go collect am again ooo
Re: Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by timifakay(m): 12:59am On May 23, 2020
Nah so 911 engine wey tey fr ground dey do...
Re: Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by diportivo: 7:54am On May 23, 2020
timifakay:
Nah so 911 engine wey tey fr ground dey do...

well

now he knows to go to ojekunle street for correct mercedes parts
Re: Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by baconline(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2020
Return back
Re: Mechanic Says Tokunbo Engine Bought Has Jumped Timing by luvinhubby(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2020
If the engine jumped timing, it has been worked on.
If you attempt to repair and it fails, the seller will not accept it back from you and time is of essence in transactions involving engine and transmissions as the guarantee period is between 1-2 weeks, after that, you are on your own.

Bottom line, return engine for replacement

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2001 Toyota Camry / Let's Settle This Matter: BMW Vs Mercedes Benz, Which Is The Best? / I Regret Decision I Made Today. Which Cost Wastage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.