Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC (35314 Views)

First Successful Bilateral Hand Transplant Carried Out In India (Photos) / How COVID-19 Dead Bodies Are Buried By NCDC Officials (Video) / First Trials Of Coronavirus Vaccine Carried Out With Mum-of-two Among Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by cheango: 7:10pm On May 23, 2020
You believe or not, it's real, pray you won't be the example
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Royalfurnitures: 7:10pm On May 23, 2020
The way some people confirmed positive by the this test recover within a few days makes one begin to wonder if some tests are properly done

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Basit46: 7:11pm On May 23, 2020
TallPck1:
No one would wake up one day and voluntarily wants to get tested for Corona virus.
Exactly bro
it is this same people that will come online to say they are not getting tested

1 Like

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 23, 2020
SCAMDEMIC

Desperately trying justify the billions allocated to them by scaring people. NCDC fear God woh, You don't play with sickness.

But na ur time, chop well well, truth go commot sooner or later

NOBODY SHOULD QUOTE ME WITH NONSENSE, I HAVE BEING TO THEIR TEST & ISOLATION CENTRE.

1 Like

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by semid4lyfe(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2020
This sensitization is coming a bit late in the day but I guess it's better late than ever....
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by gungab(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2020
Speedy recovery to all patients
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Lilimax(f): 7:18pm On May 23, 2020
Seun:
Thanks for this thread, dingbang. Can we have a video showing the entire process?
Are you a medical personnel. Why the interest on the video undecided
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Lilimax(f): 7:20pm On May 23, 2020
Shebi dem say if you get Malaria of Typhoid fever and dem do you the Covid-19 test, e go read Positive. Why?
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by IME1: 7:21pm On May 23, 2020
We are not going to do the test or screening cause as at yet we do not trust you or the testing kits.
Tell this to government

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by segebase(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2020
Just ease d lockdown n let go back to work
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by andrewtosin(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2020
Dingbang, stop quoting and correcting these covidiots
dingbang:
maybe maybe, you just need to be seized and injected with the virus, so that you will be sure 100percent if covid 19 is a scam or not
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by fatymore(f): 7:28pm On May 23, 2020
This issue has been troubling me and I hope Lagos State Government, Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency(LASEPA) and the ministry of health can take note.

We are actually doing more harm than good to ourselves with the use of Cleaning tap bucket that is being used in Markets and Garages.

These taps are placed in dirty areas with no or little drainage system or with the aid of bucket for collection(pukes). I keep thinking what if someone who is infected washes his/her hands and the water got infected or the tap got infected, is that not a calamity again. The kinda soap being used is even worrisome.

Except this virus is a scam, aitirinkankan. The issue of nose masks is another day discussion.

May God help us.
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by muykem: 7:32pm On May 23, 2020
Victorblaze14:
scam, I have visited these places,I reserve my comment,I hereby call on our journalist to go there and conduct underground investigative journalism
I am begaining to wonder if your own life is not even a scam since everything is now a scam to you.
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:34pm On May 23, 2020
truefood45:
there is no special thing about this covid-19, it is like every other disease that affect and kill people since man history on record, meanwhile THE CURE FOR ALL DISEASE HAS BEEN FOUND, THE DETAILS WILL BE COMING OUT ON 25th July 2020

Stop predicting nonsense,
this is not bet9ja
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by knowhowk: 7:35pm On May 23, 2020
dingbang:
maybe maybe, you just need to be seized and injected with the virus, so that you will be sure 100percent if covid 19 is a scam or not
. You don't have to respond to Ignorant People ,Please use your Precious time to do reasonable things .Responding to empty Head and Ignorant people is like wasting ones Precious time.This is an informative and wonderful Piece.God bless U.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Aaronbee7(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2020
I got tested on the 20th of April and they said my result will be ready in 3 days but I got a text on the 30th (after 10 days) and it's Negative. I can't explain the fear that gripped me coupled with the thought of people I might have endangered within the waiting period but las las na God win.
May you never be in any condition that will shake your faith in Jesus name.
This pandemic will pass soon and we'll all bounce back. Read Psalms 91 to boost your faith always.

1 Like

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by mignone(f): 7:39pm On May 23, 2020
DriggityDre:

First of, the only way to identify 2019-nCoV properly is by studying its viral genome sequence.

To verify that an illness is the new coronavirus, scientists must first gather viral samples from a person by taking swabs of saliva or mucus from their nose and mouth.
The mucus then gets shipped off (typically on ice packs) to a lab for testing.

Tests are being done, with a "reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction" test, or RT-PCR, which can convert RNA into DNA and amplify genetic sequences, making them easier to study and compare.

Now tests can be dispatched to determine whether someone has the new coronavirus, in a kind of genetic-sequence matching game.

Just like any other test, results could still be prone to manipulation.
So, it doesn't debunk the theory that there might be false cases in Nigeria.

Thanks for ur time sir.
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by MyOpinion1(f): 7:42pm On May 23, 2020
After taking samples from suspected people, you free them to go home and begin to interact with others, then when the result comes out positive you come back to pick the person and then you begin contact tracing....
From the contact tracing, you collect samples, you free them to interact with people, when the result comes out positive, you came to pick them and continue contact tracing ....

You won't stop contact tracing in millions years to come coz the more you pick up people who are positive the more people they have interacted with...

2 Likes

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by DriggityDre: 7:47pm On May 23, 2020
mignone:

Thanks for ur time sir.
Lol @bold. Young lad like me grin
You're welcome.
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Kalatium(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2020
Very educative
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Burger01(m): 7:51pm On May 23, 2020
mployer:
We are no longer interested.

NCDC park your things and go. Market Don close.
SCAM! They will do anything to keep Nigeria and Nigerians "locked down". This coronashit is nothing but Flu of different variant. Instead of the govt to work towards vaccine they keep scamming the people locking down unnecessarily. I am so tired of this shhheet! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Burger01(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2020
cheango:
You believe or not, it's real, pray you won't be the example
Ogbeni, your immune system would fight the shheet off if you would just stay home and quarantine for two weeks. Nigeria is known for overdoing things undecided
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by Scream(m): 7:56pm On May 23, 2020
dingbang:
4. Once tested, the official TAT for your covid 19test results to be out is within 48-96hours.

Lol...Naija! We are still expecting the result of one we did in Lagos Mainland Hospital Yaba since Monday.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by styless(f): 8:21pm On May 23, 2020
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by manitoba(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2020
Aaronbee7:
I got tested on the 20th of April and they said my result will be ready in 3 days but I got a text on the 30th (after 10 days) and it's Negative. I can't explain the fear that gripped me coupled with the thought of people I might have endangered within the waiting period but las las na God win.
May you never be in any condition that will shake your faith in Jesus name.
This pandemic will pass soon and we'll all bounce back. Read Psalms 91 to boost your faith always.

How long is the swab ? We saw a very long stick being pushed into a woman's nose as a way of obtaining samples.

That alone will freak me out.

Do they give any analgesic before being tested?

I can't just even stand the test. Lol
Re: How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC by emusmithyy(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2020
dingbang:
2. Covid 19 is identified using the PCR method by the NCDC. This is the only effective way to determine the presence of the virus in the human body.

Isn't this painful? Seeing it makes me feel somehow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Now Available In Nigeria - Fertilaid For Women & Men. / Church Usher Commits Suicide After Accused Of Defiling His Neighbour's Daughter / Staff of Jos University Teaching Hospital Celebrate Exit of "Tyrant" CMD (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.