Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,638 members, 7,865,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy (412 Views)

All Eyes On Judiciary Billboard Removed, FCTA Begins Inquiry / Gov Akeredolu Signs Judicial, Legislature Autonomy Bills Into Law / Governors Okay Debt Reduction, Judicial, Legislature Autonomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy by Nobody: 7:36am On May 23, 2020
PRESIDENT BUHARI BREAKS WORLD RECORD WITH INTRODUCTION AND SIGNING OF EXECUTIVE ORDER BILL GRANTING FINANCIAL AUTONOMY TO JUDICIARY AND STATE LEGISLATURE.

Today President Buhari made my day for the first time in over ten years with the signing of the Executive order bill granting financial autonomy to the Judiciary and State legislature in Nigeria.

This is not only a world record, but something that can transform Nigeria overnight to a developed country and make people believe in true change. Members of the Judiciary and State legislature having been dreaming and fighting without success for over 59 years of Nigerian existence to achieve this without success.President Buhari came and gave it to them with little or no effort from them , because it is an executive bill , the president used his powers to introduce and pass into law. Left to our federal legislature, in the next 200 years this law would never be passed.

WHAT THIS MEANS?
Democracy and checks and balances by the State legislature would be fully implemented from now on.No Governor can remote control them again.

Justice and true delivery of justice is now assured as the judiciary would no longer be remote controlled by the Execut- one of the greatest problems of Nigeria.The Judges and Magistrates enjoying deplorable working conditions and wages would now be independent to decide and implement appropriate solutions to their needs.

I am not a supporter of President Buhari or his Change agenda, but I must say this is a master stroke and I unwilling say THANK YOU MR PRESIDENT FOR THIS LIBERATION FROM SLAVERY.

WHAT REMAINS TO BE DONE!

Mr President I expect three more executive order bills from you before you leave.
1.Financial Autonomy of Local Government Areas in Nigeria
2.Creation of six regions each with a Vice President and autonomy.
3.Electoral reform bill as already drafted including use of online and exclusive voting use your phone for all elections in Nigeria i.e. Virtual elections

APPOINTMENT OF PROF GODSWILL OBIOMA
The other thing that made my day was the appointment of Prof GODSWILL OBIOMA as NECO chief.Frankly I was expecting another Fulani Muslim as have been the case for most appointment made by this administration.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy by Ezennwa(m): 7:37am On May 23, 2020
hmm!

Our President is working.
Re: President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy by Yenefer(f): 7:45am On May 23, 2020
Buhari is a failure.... I regretted voting him, not because of this autonomy but for other grave mistakes he did, and we will see to it that APC suffer the consequences in 2023. The North never forget

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy by BranddesignerH: 7:47am On May 23, 2020
Sounds like a Joke at first stance
Re: President Buhari Breaks World Record With Bill On Judiciary,legislature Autonomy by spinna: 7:49am On May 23, 2020
Is it the new cabals handwork?

(1) (Reply)

Constructing Roads Only Without Laying A Foundation For Future Development Is / IMF Grant To Nigeria, See How Much Nigeria Is To Pay Back In 5 Years / Video: Kano State Is Exposing Its Workers To Health Risk At Fertilizer Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.