Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Dilemma In Choice Of Church - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dilemma In Choice Of Church (586 Views)

I have Made a Terrible Mistake in Choice of Friend / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. / Affordable Estate Land For Sale In Choice Location (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Willy7(m): 10:53am On May 23, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,
I've been an ardent member of this forum since 2007 before changing moniker in 2009. Since then I've always visited here, mostly to read updates and view comments. I do comment and create topics once in a long while. I've introduced many people to this site and also brought their plight for advice here.
Today I'm here again to seek for advice for another friend and I will really appreciate you guys telling him what to do.
First and foremost I don't know whether to post this here or religious section because it's about Church.

My friend got married sometime last year, but before the wedding he had some misunderstanding with his Pastor and after the wedding they reconciled but the relationship with his Pastor suffered some setbacks. Least I forget, the Pastor is a male, the wife of my friend goes to another Church, my friend's pastor wasn't against the Wedding and finally my friend was a worker (now a Pastor) in the Church. I needed to clarify these areas.
The issue at hand now is that his wife doesn't like the Church. She doesn't feel the need to get committed. Though she comes for regular Sunday service and some week days when he calls her attention to it.
The funny thing is that she doesn't like her own Church either and was always complaining about her own Church, even though she was heading the choir there.
Now my friend can't fathom why she has become indifferent concerning Commitment to Church. Whenever they discuss it, she uses being busy as the excuse. Although she has this soft spot for my friend's family Church which my friend no longer attend. Even my friend said he doesn't really like his present Church but is there because of instruction from the Lord concerning his assignment. But he is trying his best by the grace of God not to allow his challenges in the place affect his passion for God and His work. Both of them don't like the idea of going separate Churches but he just can't keep foot dragging about her commitment in his present Church.
He is in a dilemma. Anyone with any experience and good advice can come to his aid. Thanks
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Raydans: 11:00am On May 23, 2020
Your friend or you
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Willy7(m): 11:03am On May 23, 2020
Raydans:
Your friend or you
Read my introduction
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Raydans: 11:19am On May 23, 2020
Willy7:
Read my introduction
You are always asking for advice for one friend, one neighbor, one colleague or the other.

Maybe If you come out straight people will advice you

But for now I have no advice for a pseudo third party on a mundane issue that ain't my business

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Righteousness89(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2020
Your Friend and His wife needs to be in Unity!

Their being apart Especially in Spirtual things is an act of Opening up their Home to the Enemy..

To Rectify this will not be by Power , by Force or by Struggle..

Your Friend Should Earnestly Pray about it .He is the head of the Home so he should Consult GOD who is his Head..

He Should Gently and Lovingly speak to His wife on the Reason why they should be Spirtually together.

His attitude should also be Godly and Christ like, because it will speak more to his wife.

They Should Cultivate the habit of Praying and Reading the Word of GOD ( The Holy Bible) Together.

The devil does not like the institution of marriage because he knows the Power that comes when 2 people come together.

That's why he Attacks homes and Marriages..

Let them come together and Stand for their Home..

May GOD Grant them Wisdom in JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Richy4(m): 11:30am On May 23, 2020
Maybe, u should asked your friend what church means to him..

<<<Is it a place of judgement? Where only the righteous attend services and the unrighteous were kicked out?

<<< Or is it a place of fellowship where people were comfortable with who they are? No difference between Jews and Greeks..between outcast and freeborn, rich or poor...

<<< Let him ask himself if there were so many doctrine that was running people out instead of inviting them in?

<<< Since your friend is now a pastor, maybe it's time to have a heart to heart conversation with his wife.. Let her voice out what she feels uncomfortable with in the church, u too can say what u don't like, then u table it to the elders for deliberations (that is if it is how it works in your church)

<<< Church should not look death.. and it should not be "Oh but that's how we do it here ".. it should be an inclusive kind of gathering..it should be alive and kicking. Introduce new things if u feel the old style of doing things is not OK anymore. And people /anyone can attend where they feel comfortable and welcomed..

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Omoluabi16(m): 11:35am On May 23, 2020
On no account should you marry someone of a different faith, or religious denomination.Not without a prior agreement at least.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Willy7(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2020
Raydans:

You are always asking for advice for one friend, one neighbor, one colleague or the other.

Maybe If you come out straight people will advice you

But for now I have no advice for a pseudo third party on a mundane issue that ain't my business
My brother some of us are gifted in presentation and narrating people's ordeal as if it's ours. If you doubt me, just tell me a little of your plight via DM and watch me tell it like I'm the one directly involved.
So if you have any advice to give, do, otherwise allow those who have, to share. Thanks
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Willy7(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Friend and His wife needs to be in Unity!

There being apart Especially in Spirtual things is an act of Opening up their Home to the Enemy..

To Rectify this will not be by Power , by Force or by Struggle..

Your Friend Should Pray Earnestly about it seriously! He is the head of the Home so he should Consult GOD who is his Head..

He Should Gently and Lovingly speak to His wife on the Reason why they should be Spirtually together.

His attitude should also be Godly and Christ like, because it will speak more to his wife.

They Should Cultivate the habit of Prayinf and Reading the Word of GOD ( The Holy Bible) Together.

The devil does not like the institution of marriage because he knows the Power that comes when 2 people come together.

That's why he Attacks homes and Marriages..

Let them come together and Stand for their Home..

May GOD Grant them Wisdom in JESUS NAME
Thanks Bro. He is reading your comments. Thanks once again for the advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by ibkayee(f): 12:19pm On May 23, 2020
Lol I don't know about all about these church politics

The only church they don't seem to have a problem with is his family church? What exactly is the assignment that's making him stay at the church he doesn't like and away from his family church which you haven't mentioned anything about him having a problem with?
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Church by Willy7(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2020
ibkayee:
Lol I don't know about all about these church politics

The only church they don't seem to have a problem with is his family church? What exactly is the assignment that's making him stay at the church he doesn't like and away from his family church which you haven't mentioned anything about him having a problem with?
Though he likes his family Church but like he said, despite the fact that he had a direct instruction to stay where he is, his family Church lacks the capacity of the word to build his spiritual life. In other words his family Church lacks the Word to an extent. They also lack some administrative structures. Talking about his assignments, it has to do with his calling. In other words where he is has a great role to play in his life for where he is going as per capacity building. I think I've said enough to buttress the point.

(1) (Reply)

Please Give Him A Job / Best Colours For Your Bedroom! / (Sold)Mobile Air Conditioners For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.