Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. (828 Views)

What’s Your Worst Friendship Betrayal Experience? / Vital Points About Friends And Friendship By Edet Edem Akpan / The True Test Of Friendship... The Few Unpopular Truths... - Meme List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 1:14pm On May 23, 2020
The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance and Friendship.

We all wish to be loved and accepted. However, too much of anything is not good. As a person who is almost always at the extreme end of needing acceptance, I have compiled some of the devastating effects of this bad habit.

1. You Have No Moral Compass: Since your ultimate goal is to be accepted by all, you will be too weak to stand for anything. Due to your desire to please people, you may have no mind of your own. What they say is right would be right to you, and what they say is wrong, would also be wrong for you. You will change based on whoever is around you, that you are trying to please. You will stand for nothing, and therefore, fall for everything. Therefore, though you might be an adult, your life would be more like a cow's, or a baby, you would be led anywhere people please. You may have no real idea of what is real and what is wrong, for the rest of your life. All because you are addicted to wanting acceptance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 1:17pm On May 23, 2020
2. You Will Have No Self-Respect: Self respect is for people who value themselves. If you value others more than yourself, there may be no limit to how you will let them treat you. Due to wanting acceptance, you may allow them to do anything to you. The irony of this is that, at the end of the day, it is no guarantee that you will actually be accepted by others. Most times, allowing people to walk all over you leaves you used, yet, unaccepted. People are often cold hearted; they take you for a fool, take what they want, and leave. This is the effect that is experienced most times. Even though this is true, it still takes a small amount of guts to demand to be treated right by others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 1:18pm On May 23, 2020
3. Any Person Is Your Person: You become cheaply purchased by any little affection or attention given to you. You will not have a type of person you desire for a relationship. Neither will you have any standards. Anybody that crosses your path will be okay, because you want everyone to love you. This also applies to body shape, hygiene, character and all other things imaginable. A person who is almost not human, could walk into your life, and you would take them like that. This leads to intense emotional suffering, it leaves a scar from bad relationships which resulted from accepting anybody and everybody. As a result, you may be too damaged to actually love, when the right person comes into your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 1:19pm On May 23, 2020
4. You Become A Menace To Yourself and Society : If you have no moral compass, and your life's ambition is to please all, then you can be turned to any vice. Smoking, drinking, stealing and even killing, yes, you may be convinced to kill. You become a tool in anyone's hands, for good or evil. All it takes is someone coming up to you, and you start dreaming of finally being cool, being accepted. Loved. Someone will sway you a little, and you will do anything to stay in their favor. Ticking time bomb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 1:20pm On May 23, 2020
5. You Are Forever Fake : You'll switch ideals like panties. When feminists come around, you become one. When masochists come around, you bow down for them. When Muslims cross your path, you wear a veil, when Christians are around you, you wear a cross. You will have no identity and keep shape shifting. Therefore, instead of understanding yourself and your life, and growing in faith, you are forever confused and won't grow in wisdom. Growth in religion and understanding in life is cut short because you are so addicted to being who people want you to be.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 1:21pm On May 23, 2020
6. No Life Plans, Less Achievements : Since you're so busy going where the wind takes you, you may end up living life in a really lax manner. After all, you are people's robot, you only exist and work when someone makes a request. You put your life on hold just so that people can get what they want from you when they need it. You are just clay for the next person to mould. This kind of lifestyle leaves one's life devoid of substance and meaning. You may be depressed about it, but most people won't care. They would prefer that you please them, and then get out of their way. They don't care if you have a life or if you make an impact or not.

The only solution sometimes is to hope that the hard knocks and lessons of life will harden you and turn you away from that gluttonous approach towards people's affection.

Pictures culled from google.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by Renida: 1:52pm On May 23, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by Froshloaded: 5:11pm On May 23, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Everything here is to the point. I once used to be like it all, till I started finding value in myself. cool

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 12:31am On Jun 24, 2020
Jezking:
Everything here is to the point. I once used to be like it all, till I started finding value in myself. cool

Its a long journey, friend, but everyone goes through this ordeal of finding themselves. We keep improving until we die.

3 Likes

Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by RedSquid: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2021
purples25:

Its a long journey, friend, but everyone goes through this ordeal of finding themselves. We keep improving until we die.

Hi Purple

WhatsApp. You've tried messing me across different monikers. If you want to reach me, do so through WhatsApp

Thank you
Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2021
RedSquid:

Hi Purple

WhatsApp. You've tried messing me across different monikers. If you want to reach me, do so through WhatsApp

Thank you

I don't have your WhatsApp number please.
Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2021
RedSquid:

Hi Purple

Thank you

Okay I've seen the number on your other thread. Thanks.
Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by Scavvy: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
Who or what would you say was the last straw for you.
Re: The Effects Of Being Desperate For Human Acceptance And Friendship. by purples25(f): 4:14am On Mar 18, 2023
Scavvy:
Who or what would you say was the last straw for you.

Very private question grin. However, what I will say is that there has been a last straw for me...it all ends when you find value in yourself. Finding value in oneself can be a long journey. Sometimes it takes years, but no matter how long, you can actually find that value.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch As Abia Gov’s Chief Of Staff Sprays Money On Odumeje In His Office / Icon - Official Introduction / Area Boys At Bus-stops Or The Police At Bribery-stops?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.