Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban (674 Views)

Reverse Cattle Movement Ban, Miyetti Allah Begs Soludo / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Has ‘taken Over’ As Ondo Governor – Pastor Giwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by wwwkaycom(m): 3:03pm On May 23, 2020
COVID-19: Knocks as Ondo governor wife flouts interstate movement ban.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK MAY 23, 2020

Reactions have continued to trail the flouting of the lockdown order by Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, wife of Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.

The governor’s wife, who had been in Imo State for several week, returned to Akure, the Ondo State capital, yesterday, raising some dust among residents of the state for going against the ban on inter-state movement.

In April 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari had ordered a nationwide curfew from 8pm to 6am and also put a ban on non-essential inter-state travels until further notice as part of measures to curb the spread of Coronavirus.

Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu and his wife Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu
Speaking with SaharaReporters over the issue, Mr Adebayo Iyiola, a resident of the state, described the flouting of the inter-state movement ban by the Ondo governor's wife as disturbing.

He said, “The governor’s wife should know the law more than anyone else and it is just sad that same people making this law are also the ones flouting it with impunity."

Abiola Owonola, a human rights activist, in his reaction expressed disappointment at the situation.

He said, “You can imagine the wife of a governor whose husband is the number one law officer of the state flouting the law and people expect us to just look away.

“The same government is ordering the arrest of people who flout the order and asking the police to send back those entering the state during the lockdown.

“This is a country where the law is like a cobweb that ties the weak but frees the strong. How do we explain such effrontery of the governor’s wife or do they mean we are not equal before the law. We demand explanation."

Another concerned resident of the state and activist, Wande Ajayi, disclosed that it would not be the first time that the wife of the governor would be flouting government orders in Ondo.

Ajayi noted that no individual irrespective of position or status in the country should be above the law if government was truly fighting the pandemic.

He called on Governor Akeredolu and his wife, Betty, to apologise to the people of the state for flouting the inter-state movement ban.

Special Assistant on Media to the governor's wife, Tobi Fademi, could not be reached for comments when SaharaReporters reached out to her.

Spokesperson for the Ondo State Police Command, Tee-Leo Ikoro, did not also respond to calls put across to him on the issue by our correspondent.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/23/covid-19-knocks-ondo-governor%E2%80%99s-wife-flouts-inter-state-movement-ban
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by Ezennwa(m): 3:04pm On May 23, 2020
hmm!

Have mercy on her, she visited my people in imo State, let's pardon her.

Once you visit my people, your sins are forgiven.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by joa2013: 3:09pm On May 23, 2020
Na today? That's the most unruly governor's wife in Nigeria. She's above any law. She may even come out to insult the person who made the law and describe them as living in the "backwood", that's her language.
We never had such an insulting woman as first lady in my state before, at least since 1999.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by blackboy(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2020
Go to all major park areas in Abuja and Lagos they are doing interstate travels steady
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by Ugwueme1(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2020
NO suprise naw the nigerians way.cc: pls help me I have spinal injure now suffering paralysis and limited and use.see my signature for video evidence and full story
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by Ugwueme1(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2020
NO suprise naw the nigerians way.cc: pls help me I have spinal injure now suffering paralysis and limited and use.see my signature for video evidence and full story
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by joa2013: 4:54pm On May 23, 2020
blackboy:
Go to all major park areas in Abuja and Lagos they are doing interstate travels steady
Bros, you need to know the number of transporters that her husband the governor of Ondo State have personally arrested for doing interstate travel since the past one month. How many times has the governor accused the police and other security agencies of colluding with transporters to flout the COVID-19 regulations? Yes its Nigerian way, nothing like leadership by example.
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by fishjam: 5:04pm On May 23, 2020
The rules are for the poor.. Check my signature, and thank me later
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by Racoon(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2020
Governor wife please lead by example.The law should bound all together.
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by CYBERWEAVER(m): 5:16pm On May 23, 2020
shocked this is Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 23, 2020
'Daz' how stars do...

We defy lockdown...
We are above the law

(1) (Reply)

The United State Of Anambra:IT'S Time To Move Up!!! / UN To Announce New State Carved Out Of Nigeria, Cameroon July 10 / Ango Abdullahi Deserved The Attack He Got From Presidency – FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.