Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances (15497 Views)

Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances / COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH / 68-Year-Old Woman Delivered Of Twins At LUTH (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Kido90(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
I
Thought
Volunteering
Means
They
Came
For
Free...

Though

Or
We
Use
Different
Dictionary
In
Nja

The appropriate caption should have been Adhoc Staff
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by snowball11(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2020
whatmoreng:
Volunteer means free work na

Yes it does. But in most cases a stipend is been paid to the volunteers to defray part of their expenses.
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Dpharisee: 9:10pm On May 23, 2020
The story is LUTH while the pictures is LASUTH why?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by psalmylee(m): 9:11pm On May 23, 2020
Oga op..LUTH is different from LASUTH..y is the picture of lasuth sign board here instead of luth.pls note the difference
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 23, 2020
but they are volunteers, volunteers don't get paid.
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by tunize(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2020
i thought wen u volunteer to do something meaning u choose to do that and expect little or no return. Seriously shall our government is very POROUS
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by apexx2974: 9:22pm On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 3021156[/color]
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by eleko1: 9:27pm On May 23, 2020
U registered ur account on Thursday and display this boy pix with cup and spoon (like Almajiri).Remove the boy pic and beg if u want to beg.Those who’ll give u will give irrespective weds u post pic/not
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Royalfurnitures: 9:34pm On May 23, 2020
Why is their allowances not paid,what about the #billions so far. raised by donors?

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by apexx1286: 9:34pm On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 291036[/color]
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by apexx1286: 9:34pm On May 23, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by checkolatunji: 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
Some people even think Lagos State Government control LUTH, na wa ooo
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by PHijo(m): 9:45pm On May 23, 2020
post=89886947:

News coming from our reliable source says all the volunteers that attempted to shut down early this morning will be paid first thing on monday morning.

The others that see it as a volunteering duty and did not expect anything in return (those ones were trying to persuade the others not to shut down but continue working) will be paid also.
Some of us @[/b] on ground, witnessed it all.

[b]It is obvious not everyone of us believe in the motto of 'Do not ask for what your country can do for you, but ask for what you can do for your country'.

We respect their views anyways.

But, Keep doing your good job guys

It will soon be over.

#WeDidOurPart.

They will be paid eventually.
It is not free as in total free.
It's all in the communique.

No be small tin!

No country exists?.....and this is coming from PH?!
Is there another PH in Gambia or Ghana that we don't know of?

It exists on paper only!
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by SolarEdge: 9:50pm On May 23, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by AreaFada2: 9:52pm On May 23, 2020
prekumohtim:

I have told Federal gov't to sell this nation and give me my share. I am no more interested. I am tired of reading and hearing bad news about this country. Lord Lugard abeg give me the land document
Which share? They will still loot all. Mother of all loots it will be. Final looting infact. grin
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 23, 2020
post=89886947:

News coming from our reliable source says all the volunteers that attempted to shut down early this morning will be paid first thing on monday morning.

The others that see it as a volunteering duty and did not expect anything in return (those ones were trying to persuade the others not to shut down but continue working) will be paid also.
Some of us @[/b] on ground, witnessed it all.

[b]It is obvious not everyone of us believe in the motto of 'Do not ask for what your country can do for you, but ask for what you can do for your country'.

We respect their views anyways.

But, Keep doing your good job guys

It will soon be over.

#WeDidOurPart.

They will be paid eventually.
It is not free as in total free.
It's all in the communique.

No be small tin!

No country exists?.....and this is coming from PH?!
Is there another PH in Gambia or Ghana that we don't know of?

Okay, Mr Shalaye! tongue

Bros, Nigeria most pay me for every single service I might render to her, Nigeria is NOT WORTH THE SACRIFICE YOU ARE TRYING TO PAINT
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by vertueptime: 10:13pm On May 23, 2020
Yes but they will feed them and transport them,thats wat was monitized

whatmoreng:
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Olabode971(f): 10:14pm On May 23, 2020
whereas this 1 is busy looting anyhow.. Useless set of pipu

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 23, 2020
Officialgarri:
'Volunteers' are asking for money again?
You sound dumb as fk....Which country hasn't paid incentives to health care providers to encourage them especially in this Covid-19 era?Were they born to suffer and die for your mumureason?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Sard(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2020
Most of you are asking why they are asking for money.. lol

In public health and some other sectors, most volunteer opportunities pay stipends. The stipends will not be as much as the salary or wage suitable for the kinds of jobs that the volunteers will do.
In most cases, the stipends will only cover transport fare and food.
So, yes, volunteers can ask for stipends if the government doesn't want to pay as agreed.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 23, 2020
AreaFada2:

Which share? They will still loot all. Mother of all loots it will be. Final looting infact. grin
grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Yankee101: 11:24pm On May 23, 2020
volunteers?
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by omogin(f): 11:34pm On May 23, 2020
But if it's monies that cannot be traced, like school feeding,buhari will quickly release it to his babe. Pay health workers in the Frontline of this fight, for where

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by DeeStarks(m): 11:50pm On May 23, 2020
To volunteer is to come all in. Take, if you're compensated and forget if you aren't.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by mindtricks: 11:53pm On May 23, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/covid-19-volunteers-at-luth-shut-operations/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Is this the extent to which we are commited/prepared to fighting COVID-19?
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Jaqenhghar: 12:09am On May 24, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Jaqenhghar: 12:10am On May 24, 2020
DeeStarks:
I'm confused. Is it volunteering not to get paid or volunteering to risk their lives to help?!
My brother I tire
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Legendguru: 12:12am On May 24, 2020
really
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by thatigboman: 12:53am On May 24, 2020
whatmoreng:
they are asking for allowance, not salary
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by Nobody: 1:53am On May 24, 2020
As usual I'm not surprised. will defend the stealing and looting of his masters. Volunteering means free work but st kesst they are paid stipends to help for transportation and feeding. Now if this is delayed for 3 months is that not wickedness and inhumanity? But instead of stating he obvious he will try to paint those fighting for their rights as bad people. But the senators earning 20M per month he will not condemn.
Re: COVID-19: Volunteers At LUTH Shut Operations Over Non-Payment Of Allowances by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:35am On May 24, 2020
Rule 2 to be successful in life: Ignore lying fools.
All they crave for is attention.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

40 And Bedwetting / Please What Is The Best Method Of Cleaning The Vagina After Urinating? / Why Nigeria’s Maternal Mortality Is Amongst Highest In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.