Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account (1004 Views)

Woman Creates A Scene In A Bank After N600k In Her Account Disappeared (Video) / Help! First Bank Deducted 97,000 From My Account / Nigerian Man Calls Out Distributor Who Disappeared After Owing Him N700K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Bonn01: 9:01pm On May 23, 2020
Some few months back, I wrote about how about 97,000naira disappeared from my First bank account This is the link to the thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5709034/first-bank-deducted-97000-account#5709034.6
so today I will be giving details on what happened.

Yes, A total of 97,000naira did disappear from my first bank account without receiving any alert or even a satetoken. I wouldn't have known if I didn't attempt to recharge that morning and when I discovered I quickly rushed down to the branch where I opened my account to lodge a complaint. The customer agent I met told me that my debit card has been used for online transactions on an international website and a lien has placed on my account pending the time the merchant bank would claim the said amount in fact I saw that the 97k was still in my ledger account. After 3 days, the 97k finally left my ledger account and I received alerts. surprisingly the transaction was happened through paystack_sporty(note i don't even gamble). I immediately went to the bank to lodge another complaint and I was given a cashback form which I filled all the details of the transactions and after about 2 weeks I received a mail from the bank informing that they have commenced investigation and they will conclude the investigation before 11 of August 2020 which is about 3 months after I received the mail. So finally I got a mail 2weeks ago that the case has been resolved and closed. Ladies and Gentlemen the the case was closed without the bank telling me what happened and all thanks to First bank I am indebted to some people. so I have decided to reveal some of the lessons i learnt from what happened to me

1) Our monies are not safe at home and they are not safe at the bank especially when you have debit cards.
2) Change your Atm pin at least once in two months.
3) check your balance frequently.
4) The fact that paystack do not send alerts immediately after transactions have been carried out is a loophole and hackers and fraudsters are using it to perpetrate their evil acts.
5) The fact that when carrying out some transactions, banks do not send safe tokens shows that our monies are not safe with them.
6) There are fraudsters among financial institution workers.

9 Likes

Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 23, 2020
Thank God it was resolved...
Them. It saying anything to you about who the fraudulent Person was simply shows that they know it's one of them....Naija is risky, keeping money at home isn't the best decision, but keeping them at the bank makes one vigilant
Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by HarunaWest(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2020
Your ATM details was compromised..Check your house and your friends.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Hunry: 7:09pm On May 24, 2020
spo.rty bet is a very useless platform.

scammers especially all those fixed match scammers use the website alot.

you can input anybody's card details and withdraw to a different account name.

on other bet sites, you can only withdraw to same account info on your profile.

someone close to you used your card

spo.rty bet are the only ones that can tell you the receiver info, sue them and paystack
Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Bonn01: 8:19pm On May 24, 2020
Hunry:

spo.rty bet are the only ones that can tell you the receiver info, sue them and paystack
I think I would do this
Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Sixfeetbelle: 10:57pm On May 24, 2020
Hunry:

What about mine? I have similar issue as the Op but I'm the only one who has access to my card. I was thinking of going on Monday but with this salah break, I'm worried about the outcome if I tarry. Can you help?
Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Hunry: 2:27pm On May 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

What about mine? I have similar issue as the Op but I'm the only one who has access to my card. I was thinking of going on Monday but with this salah break, I'm worried about the outcome if I tarry. Can you help?

any clue as to what platform your card was used on?

what was mentioned in the sms or email alert
Re: Update On How 97,000 Disappeared From My Account by Sixfeetbelle: 6:00pm On May 25, 2020
Hunry:

any clue as to what platform your card was used on?

what was mentioned in the sms or email alert

No.

Actually I realised the fault was from me, kind of. The amount someone transfered to me was reversed back to the owner only after I had withdrawn it. Hence the amount wasn't adding up after they debited my account.

But I'll still have to go to the bank with the person so they can sort it out and credit my account.

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Sell EKITI (ONLY) / Budepay Income / I Need A Loan To Startup My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.