Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Kaduna Health Workers Strike- The Other Side Of The Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kaduna Health Workers Strike- The Other Side Of The Story (176 Views)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / Kaduna Health Workers Strike Grounds Hospital Services In Kaduna State / Health Workers' Strike: Physiotherapists React. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Health Workers Strike- The Other Side Of The Story by PanAC: 5:41am On May 24, 2020
I read an article yesterday here on nairaland about the strike in Kaduna due to deduction of 25% of their salaries . I condemned it for the same reasons as almost every other person who commented (health workers are meant to be encouraged at this time not alienated)

Afterwards, I went online to see if I could find some more info. (Our leaders usually defend their unintelligent decisions with flimsy explanations in press releases). What I found gave me second thoughts about the strike action decision by the health workers . I’ll post a summary so you can draw your own conclusions

[b]
While it is true that there’s a 25% salary deduction from every government employee in Kaduna who earns above 50,000 monthly, however health workers are being paid additional amounts as part of an Occupational Safety Initiative as follows:

-High risk staff are receiving a compensation of N15,000 per day. This refers to all cadres of personnel who are in close contact with Covid-19 patients;.

-Medium risk staff are receiving N10,000 per day. These are officers involved in taking samples, transferring patients to treatment centres, tracing contacts etc.;

-Low risk staff are receiving N5,000 per day.

-The Kaduna government is also paying a monthly incentive of 10% of net pay to each and every health worker in its hospitals and primary health centres

-In addition, the Kaduna State Government has paid premiums for an enhanced insurance package for health workers that raises the death and disability benefits to N5m and N2.5m respectively.

-The insurance package also includes payment of N100,000 per day for 10 days to health workers who get infected with Covid-19.
[/b]

These are the key points. Read the full press release here . Any kaduna health worker here ? Is this true ?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/394000-kaduna-govt-responds-to-strike-threat-by-states-health-workers.html

cc Mynd44 lalasticlala

P.s Why’s the BOLD button not working ? I need to highlight the key points
Re: Kaduna Health Workers Strike- The Other Side Of The Story by Nobody: 7:14am On May 24, 2020
Why does this sound like an audio salary like any other government promises....It should take effect and we should be able to see at least one or two health workers who can confirm this...CAUSE EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH NIGERIAN POLITICIANS

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Video / The Magic And Wonderful Work Of Alkaline Cup / 10 Things You Have In Common With Women’s Mental Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.