Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? (1023 Views)

“no Military Farewell Patrol For You,” Pentagon Tells Trump / Update: No Military Takeover In Zimbabwe - Says Zimbabwe Defence Forces (Video) / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 11:25am On May 24, 2020
Is there any country without Armed Forces/Military?

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by fergie001: 11:32am On May 24, 2020
I am well aware of Costa Rica and most of the small Australasia Countries.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 24, 2020
Costa Rica and Czech Republic
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by REDshouse(m): 11:36am On May 24, 2020
Solomon island, Vatican city, Kiribati, Costarica, Biafra, Grenada, etc

1 Like

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Bankowner: 11:39am On May 24, 2020
grin
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 24, 2020
REDshouse:
Solomon island, Vatican city, Kiribati, Costarica, Biafra , Grenada, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by gidgiddy: 11:47am On May 24, 2020
stevmatt15:

Switzerland has no military
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by illicit(m): 12:14pm On May 24, 2020
Iceland
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by DanseMacabre(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2020
Israel has no standing military as well.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by dermmy(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
REDshouse:
Solomon island, Vatican city, Kiribati, Costarica, Biafra Grenada, etc

Na wahala you won start. They are coming for your head grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 24, 2020
gidgiddy:

Switzerland has no military
As in, they don't have any Army, soldier, Navy or Air Force officer?
Not even a single military man in their country? No profession like military?
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 24, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Israel has no standing military as well.
U mean they don't know any profession like Army?
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 24, 2020
REDshouse:
Solomon island, Vatican city, Kiribati, Costarica, Biafra, Grenada, etc
How will they stand if a war should start?
Will just POLICE be enough to save them from external violence/ fracas or fray?
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 24, 2020
fergie001:
I am well aware of Costa Rica and most of the small Australasia Countries.
But, will POLICE be enough to protect them? What if their neighboring country goes into war with them, will POLICE be enough to safeguard them? Am just confused.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by fergie001: 3:18pm On May 24, 2020
stevmatt15:

But, will POLICE be enough to protect them? What if their neighboring country goes into war with them, will POLICE be enough to safeguard them? Am just confused.

Some of these countries incorporate the Police and Army in one.

Some of them have a standby militia incase of external aggression ONLY.

Smaller countries who got independence from the big ones have nothing to worry about, 'cos Big Brother acts if you near them.

This will help

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_without_armed_forces

MODIFIED:
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 24, 2020
fergie001:

Some of this countries incorporate the Police and Army in one.

Smaller countries like Costa Rica who got independence from the US have nothing to worry about, 'cos Big Brother acts if you near them.
I love this explanation.
Godfathers won't watch their boys to suffer, Lol.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by fergie001: 3:23pm On May 24, 2020
stevmatt15:

I love this explanation.
Godfathers won't watch their boys to suffer, Lol.
Something like that grin

1 Like

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by panafrican(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2020
After returning from exile in the 1990, President Jean Bertrand Aristide of Haiti disbanded the national army. There is no more army in Haiti.
Also heard Costa Rica has no standing army.

1 Like

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by FlordFlorez(m): 5:42pm On May 24, 2020
And they are peaceful.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 24, 2020
FlordFlorez:
And they are peaceful.
Just wondering how they sleep at night.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by joshjc(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2020
[i][/i] wink[left][/left][s][/s]
fergie001:

Some of these countries incorporate the Police and Army in one.

Smaller countries like Costa Rica who got independence from the U[code][/code]S have nothing to worry about, 'cos Big Brother acts if you near them.

This will help

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_without_armed_forces
Costa Rica got her independence from Spain
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by fergie001: 7:04pm On May 24, 2020
joshjc:
[i][/i] wink[left][/left][s][/s]
Costa Rica got her independence from Spain
Thank You....Never mind my coconut head.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by joshjc(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2020
fergie001:

Thank You....Never mind my coconut head.
no wahala
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by REDshouse(m): 7:55pm On May 24, 2020
stevmatt15:

How will they stand if a war should start?
Will just POLICE be enough to save them from external violence/ fracas or fray?
they all have mutual security agreement with neighbouring countries
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by REDshouse(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2020
dermmy:

Na wahala you won start. They are coming for your head grin grin
for now Biafra have no army except e-warriors. And fake Kanu

3 Likes

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by panafrican(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2020
The ISIS caliphate has no more army has Russia and Syria silenced its guns.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by compton11(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2020
panafrican:
After returning from exile in the 1990, President Jean Bertrand Aristide of Haiti disbanded the national army. There is no more army in Haiti.
Also heard Costa Rica has no standing army.
Haiti has formed a new army!
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by compton11(m): 12:19pm On May 25, 2020
Dominica don't have armed forced.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by rowland545(m): 3:31pm On May 25, 2020
Biafra..
Oduduwa republic

That's d few I know...but the Biafra they have a good number of e worriors...they fight with there keypad and they are very good too

While the oduduwa they can only fight in motor packs ...there agbero is second to non... They can win any motto pack war with there formidable general mc oluomo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 25, 2020
rowland545:
Biafra..
Oduduwa republic

That's d few I know...but the Biafra they have a good number of e worriors...they fight with there keypad and they are very good too

While the oduduwa they can only fight in motor packs ...there agbero is second to non... They can win any motto pack war with there formidable general mc oluomo grin grin
Watin OLUOMO do you? Lol.
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by rowland545(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2020
stevmatt15:

Watin OLUOMO do you? Lol.
grin grin
Re: Is This True? That There Are Countries With No Military? by Nobody: 7:36am On May 26, 2020
stevmatt15:

This is not even a question in the first place.

There tens of countries without Armed forces.

Nothing strange about that.
We could go on and on listing them.

But who are these id*ots mentioning countries like Afghanistan and UAE? Even Finland? Lol... jokers.

Afghan Army and Air force combined have a force of almost 200,000 men.

Minus reserve.

The Finnish navy is one of the best-equipped in the world despite its minuteness but they are always silent.

Maybe those guys are just being mischievous or downright ignorant.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Afghan Girls Denied An Education As Secondary Schools Reopen For Boys Only / An Indian Man About To Be Named British Prime Minister / Why Is Russia Suddenly Attacking Critical Structures In Ukraine Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.