Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Wisdom Nuggets From May - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wisdom Nuggets From May (148 Views)

Pictures: WISDOM NUGGETS By Chike Ojukwu / Life Nuggets / Excel Nuggets (vol. 7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wisdom Nuggets From May by teemanbastos(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2020
There is this amazing discovery about life I realized and this is it, that unobtainable things(at the present) appear extremely attractive.

In secondary school, there was this concept I learnt about light refraction in physics –the mirage– which is explained thus ;when traveling along a tarred road on a sunny day, far ahead appears a pool of water, it looks alluring that you can't wait to get to the point where you could see it closely and even touch it. The thing is you never get there no matter how fast your automobile travels.

Another example is this, when traveling on a big body of water, like the ocean, when you stand on the deck of the yacht and look beyond you, it appears that the sea and the sky meet ; to really experience and see this meeting point, you convince yourself that with an increase in speed, you will finally reach the point where they do meet and take a selfie –only that you never reach such point– another mirage-like experience.

Another personal example, when I was in primary school, secondary school looked so attractive - no class teachers, free periods, a much larger football field! My total happiness appeared to lie in getting out of primary school and into secondary school. I did get into secondary school and I discovered reality : the mathematics of secondary was even harder! Hehehehe! And to think I thought my total happiness lied in secondary school yet I had to spend more hours solving sums? if you can relate, you'll know that's far from happy!

The next fantasy kicked in, University is the way to happiness - no teachers on your neck, freedom, no school gate barring you! Sure this is it - but reality humbled the son of man!

I always desired to be an adult when I was a youngster! Now that I am an adult, I want to be a youngster back! Funny scenario because I again realized adulthood is responsibility.

Although, reality doesn't reflect fantasies as much as we would, we never do stop fantasizing! I guess that's just how life is.
The process is what life is all about, not the end product which is but a fleeting moment.

The most happiest and ecstatic moment when you achieve or acquire a goal is that singular microsecond, life simply goes on and your responsibilities double with the addition of that object of ecstasy!

You're happy when you buy a ride, but after that moment - get prepared to keep it in good working condition.
You're happy you got admitted, but after that moment - get ready to shoulder responsibilities.
You're happy you graduated - life just begun.
You're happy you got married - you just started a new life.

In simple terms, the process is life, the perks and joys experienced along the way are just encouragements i.e better living conditions, spouse, luxuries, friends, to keep you interested in life itself.

About Life? It goes on.

Remember that we're not so different after all, we all seek the same things.. good ends
The poor seek a better life
The rich seek expansion
The sick seek health
The barren seek fruits
The lifeless seek life
The frustrated seek a way out (either through suicide or salvation)
The little seek more
The fulfilled seek establishment...........

It is to this end I will answer a question

Why is it I wasn't born into a more privileged home/environment/society? maybe my life would have been better.
Well, you never know their challenges either!
Number 1 Rule of Life is 'never ever be deceived by what you see' no matter how beautiful or ugly it appears! You know why? Because life is in constant flux.
[Walk by Faith, Not by Sight] it's worth remembering, trust me!

There's this cliché "if everyone on earth were to bring their challenges to a table, at the end everyone would still prefer theirs and pick theirs from the table"
Infact your capacities can bear whatsoever you have, that's why you have it in the first place.
This is the reason for all these troubling questions : Comparison!
When you compare, you lose sight of reality.
Many of us today have fantastic bodies, but because we see people post theirs online and receive likes and comments, we feel insecured about our lot, shouldn't be! They worked hard to reach that point, do work hard and you'll get similar results.

JUST BECAUSE NOBODY HAS TOLD YOU THAT YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FACE, VOICE, SHAPE OR DRAW WELL OR WRITE WELL OR SPEAK WELL doesn't mean you are or aren't. You growing up in a critical environment only means that you have the opportunity to turn things around for good by not living the past but building a better present that will lead to a tremendous future.

JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ALSO PROCLAIMS YOU AS AWESOME, WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL doesn't mean you are or aren't ! Because ONLY YOU KNOW YOURSELF. Only you know how you feel.

Everything seen online is appealing because it feels good to have beautiful pictures and experiences shared with others.
But remember that we are all not so different, we feel the same emotions which is what makes us similar. Don't be so focused on the externalities forgetting the foundations which those externalities were built upon

Hardwork is the foundation to success.
Taking good care of yourself is the foundation to keeping fit.
Patience is the foundation of contentment.
Right thinking preserves oneself and relationships.
Charity is your core and the foundation of true ecstasy.
Wisdom is the true foundation of Life.

Life is to you what you define it to be, accept yourself and your lot in all entirety, that's Life!

Finally, I discovered that we all live from the Heart, meaning that if we all have the good knowledge and qualities we have in our heads in our hearts, then life would practically be easier to live! The journey I myself have begun to travel.

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Nuggets From May by paqman: 2:18pm On May 24, 2020
Wow this just made my day

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What To Do To Make Money Online With Your Phone. Every Week / Reasons Of Not Shying Away From The Wood Composite Cladding / Lagos State Government Can't Unilateral Reopen Schools - Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.