Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? (709 Views)

Surviving Google Updates In 2024 (read This) / Latest Google Keyword Planner Changes For Marketers 2019 / 9 Hidden Actions To Take Before You Hit The Publish Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 24, 2020
I discovered no one is talking about this here. Was anyone's site hit by the latest updates from the big G?
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by spunky425(m): 3:11pm On May 24, 2020
Activist001:
I discovered no one is talking about this here. Was anyone's site hit by the latest updates from the big G?

Were you hit and does one know he's hit?
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by EDGEof2MORO: 3:21pm On May 24, 2020
What about it?
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Sanchez01: 3:48pm On May 24, 2020
Activist001:
I got hit in a huge way. A site of over 40,000 daily visitors got slashed by half since last week.
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Enavie(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2020
Sanchez01:

I got hit in a huge way. A site of over 40,000 daily visitors got slashed by half since last week.

Can you provide a link?
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Sanchez01: 4:17pm On May 24, 2020
Enavie:

Can you provide a link?
No, sorry.
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
Google is absolutely broken! They should shelve pride and use Bing Index as DDG and a host of other search engines are currently doing!
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Veiniously: 10:16pm On May 24, 2020
me i dont understand o
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Nobody: 12:53am On May 25, 2020
Sanchez01:

I also got hit too. Take heart bro.
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Nobody: 12:54am On May 25, 2020
questechie:
Google is absolutely broken! They should shelve pride and use Bing Index as DDG and a host of other search engines are currently doing!

Seriously. Many crappy sites are ranking on top now and it's a pity. sad

1 Like

Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Sanchez01: 9:29am On May 25, 2020
questechie:
No, it's not. The pandemic forced the update and the main idea behind it was to prevent advertisers from taking advantage of this period. Sadly, there were keyword mishaps and top social media sites alongside Amazon are the top winners of the May core update.

The strangest aspect of the update is that social media sites are ranking for important user queries, which should be.

The flaw is too glaring and a subtle update might be made very soon.
Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 25, 2020
Sanchez01:

No, it's not. The pandemic forced the update and the main idea behind it was to prevent advertisers from taking advantage of this period. Sadly, there were keyword mishaps and top social media sites alongside Amazon are the top winners of the May core update.

The strangest aspect of the update is that social media sites are ranking for important user queries, which should be.

The flaw is too glaring and a subtle update might be made very soon.
At the end, you still accepted that Google is broken! Not only here, even SEO experts on Reddit and WebMasterWorld are all echoing same! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We're You Hit By The Latest Google Updates? by Sanchez01: 10:44am On May 25, 2020
questechie:

At the end, you still accepted that Google is broken! Not only here, even SEO experts on Reddit and WebMasterWorld are all echoing same! cheesy
'Broken' is a big word. Its recent algo was tweaked to do what it does now, which makes it different. Of course, the everyday update release is disturbing but necessary.

The Bing you referenced is not even half as smart and updated as Google. My website is well optimized with industry-standard SEO rules and methods but only a tiny fraction of my traffic are from Bing and other search engines.

I frequent WebMasterWorld and can tell you it is a webmaster forum and not an SEO expert haven but I'm sure you already know this.

You aren't using searchnengineland, semrush, searchenginejournal, searchmetrics, or seoroundtable and you're mentioning 'SEO experts', citing Reddit and WMW. Hilarious.

'Broken' is a huge word and Google isn't.

(1) (Reply)

Bundle Of CV Resume Templates / Cv Management System, Any Reviews? / You Dont Need To Write Those Scripts Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.