Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,772 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:17 AM

Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know (468 Views)

5 Awesome Shortcuts On Your Computer You Might Not Be Using / Full Meanings Of Some Virtual Networking Systems You May Not Know / Updated Keyboard Shortcuts For Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know by Veiniously: 8:47pm On May 24, 2020
shortcuts are kind of combination of buttons that when clicked produce a result like going to another app, killing another app or doing something else rather then going through the stress of looking for the task and all that.

You can check our last article about 5 amazing shortcuts
https://9jatide.com/2020/05/5-awesome-shortcuts-on-your-computer-you-might-not-be-using/

today i will be showing you another (5) amazing shortcut button you might not be using

1) split screen between two apps or four apps

split screen

do you know you can split your windows screen into 2 or 4 places rather than just jam-packing all your works under another window and all that. I do use this method alot when i wanna perform a task between two or more applications especially when i wanna copy and paste, i am actually using a split screen right now, i am playing a music video and typing. for you to be able to do this just click on the following shortcut button (Win + left arrow key or right) depending on the place you wanna place the other application you can also split (4) screens by using up, down, left and right arrow keys.

keyboard 1

2) Switch apps

switch between apps
Okay imagine you are running lot of apps on your windows or you have lot of work on your windows jam-packed on your screen and you wanna switch to another app without going back to your desktop or killing your apps, you can just switch between apps by using the following shortcut (windows + tab ) this automatically display all apps or works on your pc and all you have to do is navigate and click on the app you wanna open, is’nt that cool? but if you are using an apple you use ( control + Tab ) shortcut

keyboard 2

3) Trouble shooting and program management

Okay i love this one alot because i use this alot, sometimes when you are using an application on your computer and you get an error or kind of issue where your application stops responding, and you try to use the (x) button at the right top corner of your windows to close the application and nothing seems to be working, and your only option is to restart your computer, hey no worries you can kill the app using the trouble shooting app on your system which comes with your windows, it will open a task manager which helps you to force stop any malfunctioning application use the following shortcut button ( control + shift + escape) or ( command + shift + esc ) if you are using MAC.

keyboard 3

4) Opening file explorer

file explorer
Okay i know you must be wondering how we got this on our list because its just there on your desktop and you can easly click on it, but most people dont know there’s a short code for file explorer. I remember when i was in my 200l level in the university i gave some one my computer to make use of it, only for the person to come back and tell me there is no file explorer on my computer, (reason is that i dont keep file explore shortcut on my desktop) and i dont have files on my desktop i only have some applications and it was kind of difficult for her to locate since she wasn’t that kind of tech girl.

The short code for windows explorer is ( windows + E ) this automatically open the windows explorer for mac users thats your finder app.

picture 4

5) Using your magnifier

magnify
Okay this is the last one on the list. The magnifier is a software on your computer that helps you zoom in and out on your computer, i dont really use this alot but sometimes when am doing a video tutorial about how to do something on computer i use the maginifier to zoom to the target like am trying to explain something on the computer either a diagram or a written text, and its kind of small i just use the magnifier to zoom to it and my audience can see very clearly what am talking about. this also can be used for people who have eyes problem.

The shortcut for this is (windows plus + button or – button) the + and – button is located at the top right

which o these do you like using

view all pictorials illustration and source
https://9jatide.com/2020/05/shortcut-keys-for-your-windows-and-mac-computers/

Re: Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know by TheBusinessHub: 8:49pm On May 24, 2020
OK
Re: Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know by STARGREEN(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks
Re: Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know by Veiniously: 9:17pm On May 24, 2020
STARGREEN:
Thanks
you are always welcome
Re: Shortcuts On Your Computers You Might Not Know by Veiniously: 9:19pm On May 24, 2020
STARGREEN:
Thanks
we will be posting more next weekend stay tuned on www.9jatide.com

(1) (Reply)

US Used HP Probook 6475B At Cheap Price *sold / Hp Pavilion 15 Core I7 7th Gen / Samsung S8 Plus 64gb 4gb Ram 85k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.