Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Movie & Tv Series Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie & Tv Series Review (1314 Views)

Stan Nze Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Actor In A Drama - Movie/tv Series / Broda Shaggi Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Actor In A Comedy - Movie/tv Series / Funke Akindele Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Actress In A Comedy - Movie/tv Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 8:18am On May 25, 2020
Welcome,
I know how hard it is to decide what movies/tv series to watch, I've seen movies I regretted ever wasting my data to download and wished someone had given me a heads up.

Worry no more, I'm here to be your sacrificial lamb, I do nothing with my life than watch movies and surf the net, I'll watch movies and drop my honest reviews.
You can also recommend movies you want my opinion on.

So, grab your popcorn and enjoy the ride.

P.S : No Korean/Philippine movies here please, I don't roll like that
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 8:55am On May 25, 2020
THE LOVEBIRDS (2020)

Genre : Comedy-Romance-Action
Rating : 7/10

This is a story of a couple on the brink of break up but an action packed day put things in perspective for them. (I don't want to spoil it too much).

I had my doubts about this movie, I scrolled past it a couple of times on NetNaija, yesterday I decided to give it a try. I watched overnight (biggest mistake), I woke the whole house with my laughter (no exaggeration). It takes a lot to make me laugh and this movie had it.
Dialogue was very amusing.

Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae performance was nothing short of sterling.
(IMO, Issa Rae acted better in this movie than in The Photograph)

Enough Review, go and watch.

1 Like

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 10:12am On May 25, 2020
BLOOD AND WATER (2020)
TV Series

Genre : Drama
Rating : 8/10

This is an high school drama of a 16 year old girl who transferred to a new college in search of her sister who was abducted at birth.

If you liked Elite, then this is for you, both are very similar.

What made it special for me was the African theme, it portrayed our continent in something other than poverty. I have to admit, at first I was wary because I have this misconception that if it isn't "western", it won't make sense (I was proven wrong).

The series is very short, just 6 episodes, I'm gladly anticipating season 2.
(Netflix do fast)

1 Like

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 25, 2020
mistytohcute:
THE LOVEBIRDS (2020)

Genre : Comedy-Romance-Action
Rating : 7/10

This is a story of a couple on the brink of break up but an action packed day put things in perspective for them. (I don't want to spoil it too much).

I had my doubts about this movie, I scrolled past it a couple of times on NetNaija, yesterday I decided to give it a try. I watched overnight (biggest mistake), I woke the whole house with my laughter (no exaggeration). It takes a lot to make me laugh and this movie had it.
Dialogue was very amusing.

Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae performance was nothing short of sterling.
(IMO, Issa Rae acted better in this movie than in The Photograph)

Enough Review, go and watch.
I watched The Photograph two days ago and I must comment that the movie is a nice one.

1 Like

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 25, 2020
mistytohcute:
Welcome,
I know how hard it is to decide what movies/tv series to watch, I've seen movies I regretted ever wasting my data to download and wished someone had given me a heads up.

Worry no more, I'm here to be your sacrificial lamb, I do nothing with my life than watch movies and surf the net, I'll watch movies and drop my honest reviews.
You can also recommend movies you want my opinion on.

So, grab your popcorn and enjoy the ride.

P.S : No Korean/Philippine movies here please, I don't roll like that
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 25, 2020
SCOOB (2020)

Animation
6/10

Scooby Doo, where are you? (remember how we sang along to this song when the cartoon was aired on TV, indomie generation can't relate)

Well it's a remake of Scooby Dooby Doo and the Monster Inc, but with a few twists, it starred Simon Cowell and Dick dastardly.

Not entirely bad, (had a few chuckles) it serves as a nice family watch.

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 8:43am On May 26, 2020
The Wrong Missy (2020)

Genre : Comedy-Romance
Rating : 3/10

A man invites his dream girl to an island resort but a previous blind date shows up instead.

I hate this movie, I forced myself to finish it. The female lead was super annoying, it is supposed to be a comedy but I didn't get the joke. It had the same feel as Long Shot (which I also hated).
I feel like slapping my friend that recommended I watch it.

If your idea of funny is a "stupid infuriating character" then this is right up your alley.

1 Like

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Yonce(f): 9:59am On Jun 03, 2020
mistytohcute:
BLOOD AND WATER (2020)
TV Series

Genre : Drama
Rating : 8/10

This is an high school drama of a 16 year old girl who transferred to a new college in search of her sister who was abducted at birth.

If you liked Elite, then this is for you, both are very similar.

What made it special for me was the African theme, it portrayed our continent in something other than poverty. I have to admit, at first I was wary because I have this misconception that if it isn't "western", it won't make sense (I was proven wrong).

The series is very short, just 6 episodes, I'm gladly anticipating season 2.
(Netflix do fast)

Netflix snapped with this one.
A show with two unambiguous black women as leads and as African as it gets.
It's Gossip girl meets Pretty Little Liars. . . .but juicer.

2 Likes

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
GANGS OF LONDON (2020)
TV Series

Genre : Action-Crime-Drama
Rating : 8.5/10

London falls apart as the head of the crime family who controls it is assassinated. A power tussle begins among rival gangs due to the vacuum of authority left by the death.

Oohlala, this series is everything, the idea that London is run by various crime syndicates who report to a big boss is thrilling. It had everything to keep one on the edge of a seat, each episode could stand alone has a movie on its own. No lack of suspense from beginning to end.
In the middle of chaos, betrayal, deaths and lies, they still managed to sprinkle a little romance.
The best part : there's a protagonist and they gave the Nigerian audience a crime boss whose style is unique. Lol (good marketing strategy)

Season 2 is highly anticipated.

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Mayorv9: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good day everyone. I'm sorry, am joining this platform for the first time and my interest is focused on the tv series stuff. Actually i really want to know how to go about all that. I read a chat here about Tv series in 2017, on how to register a Tv series, and how the show owners make their money and as well pay the station in which they are registered
Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 22, 2020
I'm back
I reincarnated with another account

Whilst I was away, I watched a lot of dope movies, I'll be back with gists.

See ya, soon.
Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2020
NE ZHA (2019)

Genre : Animation - Comedy
Rating : 9/10

A young boy, Nezha, is birthed from a heavenly pearl by the Primeval Lord of Heaven. Born with unique powers, Nezha finds himself as an outcast who is hated and feared. Destined by prophecy to bring destruction to the world, the young boy must choose between good and evil in order to break the shackles of fate and become the hero.

Right now, I feel like beating myself with a stick , I slept on this movie, for real, the graphics had me thinking it won't be interesting, it gave an anime kinda vibe (I hate animes) , the poster wasn't as attractive as the Disney or Pixar animations so I underrated it. Truly you don't judge a book by its cover, I've learnt the hard way. This movie is an underdog, hopefully it gets awards.

Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by dingbang(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
WordWeaver06:
I'm back
I reincarnated with another account

Whilst I was away, I watched a lot of dope movies, I'll be back with gists.

See ya, soon.
chat me up through the number on my profile. Want to listen to your story as long as you are genuine
Re: Movie & Tv Series Review by Peppul: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
Any one has the link for Jiang ziyu legend of dedication.. been looking for it.

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Cute Photo Of Kiddwaya With Otedola And Terry Waya After Eviction / The New Star Advert / Before You Choose Star Tv Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.