Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,219 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Starting An “instagramable”, Innovative Business Outside Lagos. Good Idea? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting An “instagramable”, Innovative Business Outside Lagos. Good Idea? (439 Views)

7 Innovative Business Ideas In Nigeria That Will Surprise You / Why Starting A Business Outside Lagos Is More Profitable. / Help!!! Is It Possible To Control A Poultry Business Outside Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting An “instagramable”, Innovative Business Outside Lagos. Good Idea? by roniex2(f): 8:23am On May 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
So I’m about to start a business in Nigeria that people would love( say something like thetearoomlagos). Very instagrammable and different from the norm. Only that mine isn’t going to be a restaurant. It’s going to be a beautiful space everyone would be attracted to and would want to take pictures in (Marketing strategy) BUT I don’t live in Lagos or Abuja, though where I live isn’t rural, my target audience live and work where I intend to start but is starting something like this outside Lagos a good idea though? Lagos has the population to make this business boom but it is a completely new thing I haven’t tried before, I don’t have any experience in it and all I know now is cos of research.
My question is, Should I start outside Lagos, get stable with a recurring cash flow and revenue, and then move to Lagos with the knowledge I must have gathered OR should I just start in Lagos, since that is like the business capital of Nigeria.

I would appreciate your responses, especially from business savvy people that have been in the business world for a while. Thank you.
Re: Starting An “instagramable”, Innovative Business Outside Lagos. Good Idea? by mrsirval: 6:09pm On May 27, 2020
roniex2:
Hi everyone,
So I’m about to start a business in Nigeria that people would love( say something like thetearoomlagos). Very instagrammable and different from the norm. Only that mine isn’t going to be a restaurant. It’s going to be a beautiful space everyone would be attracted to and would want to take pictures in (Marketing strategy) BUT I don’t live in Lagos or Abuja, though where I live isn’t rural, my target audience live and work where I intend to start but is starting something like this outside Lagos a good idea though? Lagos has the population to make this business boom but it is a completely new thing I haven’t tried before, I don’t have any experience in it and all I know now is cos of research.
My question is, Should I start outside Lagos, get stable with a recurring cash flow and revenue, and then move to Lagos with the knowledge I must have gathered OR should I just start in Lagos, since that is like the business capital of Nigeria.

I would appreciate your responses, especially from business savvy people that have been in the business world for a while. Thank you.
Hi! I went through your posts and decided to drop a humble opinion here. First, Nairaland is very wrong for asking about business. It has failed many than helped but they won't come here to tell you. What I mean is, Nairaland is not bad to ask about such but you gotta be very careful. You've got 3m, right? Just chill and don't rush into any business yet. You have to do a thorough consideration and don't rush it since you are new into business. If you had been into business and probably succeeded, it would be right to rush but for now, just calm down and go about it softly.
Sorry I'm going off topic but here is the fact, what you think or imagine sometimes is different from reality. So, if u are investing into your first business, pls don't use all the 3m. U can divide it by two and start first and if it is picking, u can add more money to it. And again, whatever is the source of the 3m, pls don't close it just yet until your business begins to pick.
Concerning the best business that stands out, I can give u ideas for free. Think about food or consumables. If you were a pharmacist, I would have asked u to open a drug store because it is not affected by any thing except location and capital but I'm sure u can buy on credit from dealers in Lagos island once u have little money and ur shop is to standard. Another area is communications and even transportation businesses but they all come with risks. If you are an IT person, IT is bomb too if you are able to succeed. But u should be looking at consumables since I don't know much about ur skills. The idea about a business being competitive is how easy it is to go into the business. Once people can easily go into a particular business that seems lucrative, many people will surely join u in that business. So, u must be ready to set a difficult standard others can't follow easily.
Now,to answer the question on this thread you have created, it would be good if u test run it in your place with little money. If it begins to pick, u can then have the confident to even source for more funds to replicate it here in Lagos.
Remember to be careful in considering advice here on Nairaland, most people will sweet talk u into patronizing them. Please, I'm a victim of that but thank God, I used common sense along the line.

Meanwhile, if you need POS/inventory software or system for your business, kindly contact me. Check out my first android app. U can use this app to save videos and pics from WhatsApp status of your contacts, tiktok, Instagram and facebook. I decided to learn android development and this is my first app, approved by google. Kindly download with the link on my signature and give it a nice review on google playstore

(1) (Reply)

Best Week Prayer.... Maye Of Yoruba Kingdom / Earn $$$$$ Without Investment / Bizo Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.