Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

My Nysc Experience In The North - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Nysc Experience In The North (1719 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Experience In The North by Reminaija: 4:01pm On May 25, 2020
https://ennywealth.com/my-nysc-experience/

NYSC without stories to tell…is that one NYSC? Lol.

Different meanings have been attached to service year (NYSC) in Nigeria by the youths. Many see it as a time of freedom. A time to step into the world and have fun. A time to be free from being monitored or watched. That phase of our lives when there’s full liberty to do anything, and I mean anything at all. A time to go wild, lol. You all get what I mean by that, right?

Only a few see it as a time of self-test; to know how independent one can be — being mobilized to a no man’s land and yet, staying disciplined.

Some also see it as: A time to save. A time to learn from different cultures. A time to explore wisely. A time to reflect and make better plans.

As for me, my service year in contrast to what many people may think (especially because I was posted to the north), was by far, the best year of my life (and it still is).
But mehn, I have got to be honest, North is an entirely different world. I had heard numerous things about it, but I must confess that seeing indeed, is believing. I have seen, and now I believe�Hence, I must share with you!

Before I proceed however, I would like to point out that this post is not meant to attack any tribe or culture in anyway � Just sharing my experience as a corps member�

Here goes�

I remember my first day at my PPA (place of primary assignment), I said to myself… “Will I be able to stay here for one whole year? “�� But anyway, no corps members posted to my PPA wouldn’t say this at first glance, even if it’s subconsciously.

Ehm, my people, in whatever circumstances we may find ourselves, there will always be the good part, and there will be the bad. Focusing on the good however, will do us more good than harm.

North, unlike what many people may think, actually has some benefits (the part I served anyway), and I can confidently say that it is a good place to serve as a corps member.

Here below, are some of my experiences while serving in Katsina.

Let me start with the foodstuffs– Oh boy, never have I seen or bought foodstuffs at such cheaper prices before. I wouldn’t forget the look on my face the first day I bought a whole watermelon for just #100�� Like seriously! And I mean a complete watermelon. It was just too good to be true. Not only that, there were days I got pepper, tomatoes, and onions for #100 only, and made stew for a week. Believe me, I thought I was in another part of the country.
Plus, you can get okra or Efo for as low as #20 here. That’s not all oh, I take bike for as low as #20 as well. Where does that happen! Apparently in the North.
No wonder I never even pack my bag, and it’s only a few days to my POP (Passing Out Parade), lol.

I cannot forget the cold though � The almost unbearable harmattan lasted for months. I nearly froze oh. During this period, you couldn’t care less about your dressing combination as long as it brought you warmth.

In addition, bathing became a daily self-struggle and battle. Only the fittest could endure and survive the morning shower. I heard some people even had to make bathing timetable� It was that serious. Palm oil is frozen, groundnut oil is frozen, human beings seff are Frozen! At a point, I’d pretend I was in Canada when I noticed smoke coming out of my mouth, oh my oh my�
Another aspect of the north I wouldn’t forget are my students. Oh, I must mention them. They’re hilarious in every way. Their number one interest in every discussion or topic treated is in, “marriage.” I would not forget the kind of questions they bombarded me with the very week we treated Reproduction, chai, I had to round it up sharp sharp oh.

Only in the North, you’d hear your students greet you from afar shouting, “Aunty, how far?.” I mean really? How far to your teacher?? I couldn’t be upset though, ’cause there’d be no point. I knew they didn,’t know any better. They even thought they were being polite �.

You’d hear your students “scold ” you for not coming to school on Thursday (our CDS was on Thursdays, so, we didn’t always go to school, but not all of them understood that), and would also threaten you not to miss coming on Friday. That’s just their own way of saying they missed you on that day in school. Such ignorance is kinda funny though, and cute�
Baba God con bless me with amazing people that I wouldn’t trade for anything. My besties among them were Solomon and Caleb, aka Uncle JERRY AND CALEBRAIN… My NYSC story would never be complete without these awesome people. They taught me a lot about life- acceptance, good-will, and sacrifices. It was such a blessing meeting them both. Calebrain taught me how to make manual toast bread with egg, Jerry taught me how to drink Fura, among other things… No wonder the first few days they both left, after their POP around March, were kinda empty for me. Well, life must go on. Nevertheless, l truly miss them both.
And of course, how could I forget the Alhajis there��… Chai, those people can disturb female corpers for Africa (but I guess this applies everywhere, not only in the north). Especially when they have small change and cars, they can entice corpers with money and material things wella. And their own love na by fire by force oh. One incident happened when my jolly friends were still around, I went to the fueling station (very close to the corpers’ lodge) to fetch water, and this Alhaji (the manager) asked for my phone number. I did not give, na so he lock tap and refuse to let me fetch water, not just that day but all through. In fact, the penalty extended to Jerry and Calebrain seff … I never see that kind of love before, do or suffer kind of love. ��

E get one that was literally flashing #1000 notes before my eyes few weeks ago. It was demeaning, but very hilarious at the same time.

It took me a while to get accustomed to the fact that everywhere is for peeing here. Once you feel like it, just go ahead and do it right away, regardless of where you may be. Both grown-ups and young ones. There is this one memory I am yet to get rid of from my head. I witnessed it on a particular evening, two grown men stooping side by side, gisting and laughing. On moving closer, I was perplexed when I realized they were both actually peeing… Like for real!

There’s also the part where a guy and a lady cannot stand alone and talk, they will conclude sharpaly that you’re doing ‘love.’ In fact, one of the male corpers informed us in the lodge that the northerners were hailing him (as well as the other male corpers), telling them that they were really enjoying the female corpers in the lodge … They even went as far as giving the male corpers a name, ‘Mai gida‘, meaning the head of the family or owner of the house, as in, husbands� Just because we all live together oh.

And hey, did anyone know every car/bus has a parlour? Well, neither did I, until I came to Katsina. Thanks to my service year in the North, they showed me that nothing is a waste, you must learn how to judiciously utilize every resources � In case you are lost and wondering what I’m talking about, the boot of every cab is the parlour here. They call it Parlour Hajia. After filling the inside of the car with passengers, a mat is meticulously spread in the boot, and passengers are allowed to enter there. And no, it’s not for free, those parlour passengers pay too. And incase you are also wondering how or if they will close the boot, they have a way of doing that, if you want to know come to the North, lol.�

Also, the way they adore Corpers here in the North ehn, it feels so good�. If any day you want to feel yourself small, just wear your seven over seven and walk around. Within few seconds, you will start hearing from every angle, “Corfer, corfer (corper, corper), how far, where I dey go?” You’d also hear, “Good morning; Good apter noon“, even if it’s in the evening, lol.

Oh yes, NCCF was a huge part of my service year. NCCF stands for NIGERIA CHRISTIAN CORPERS FELLOWSHIP. I strongly believe that God used NCCF to use me to do His will here (as He has done to many other corpers as well, and still doing). If you are an aspiring corps member or Batch A, I’d urge you to get acquainted with NCCF. NCCF is one of the most selfless organizations I have ever come across. They will do nothing but make you a better version of what you are. You wouldn’t meet a more or better organization that would bring out the best in you as a Corper, aside from NCCF.
To crown it all, my heavenly Daddy was there for His daughter all through��. He made the one-year journey worthwhile -He stood by me.

Despite the harsh weather, harmattan, the sun, and trust me, the sun here is a totally different kind. It scorches the hell out of anything. I’d spread onions in the sun, and the onions would melt to the point of bringing out moisture. The first day it happened, I was shocked. Yet, in spite of all these, not for one day did I buy malaria drug. The one Madre even gave me before going to camp, I gave it to someone else. It could only be baba God�
Some of my people at home in the south are suspecting whether or not I don settle with one Alhaji for North, ’cause of the way I’m just so relaxed and balanced, very funny though��. They don’t understand that na Baba God dash me peace of mind. Only God could have made my stay in such a place fun, fulfilling, and full of wonderful and beautiful experiences.

My advice to all upcoming corps members is that; it’s alright to envisage being posted to a nice place, especially towns and cities, where you can have a social life, and lots of fun. But things do not always turn out the way we expect them to. So, in case you find yourself in a place that you don’t like, and you try all your possible best to redeploy and it doesn’t work, leave it to God.
And instead of being sad about it, decide to enjoy and make the best of your time where ever you may be posted. It can’t be 100 percent bad. Don’t allow that single reason to spoil the rest of your year, you only get to serve once. Think away from that social life you so much wanted, it may not give you a better life anyway. Your service year is what you make of it.

Decide to obtain from it instead of being bitter about it for the rest of the year. It works like magic, your mind will adjust and adapt to the environment. And you will enjoy every bit of it �
Hope this post brought a smile to your face� Kindly like and share with a friend. Feel free to also drop your comments. If you are a corps member or an ex corps member, tell us a few about your experience also. We can’t wait to hear from you ❤️

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by DanseMacabre(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2020
E too long for one post oooooo

3 Likes

Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by Tapout(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2020
I can confirm the cheap transportation cos my bro attended NDA training in Kaduna bk then, can't remember the year.
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by Davash222(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2020
There's a reason we have "summary" in the dictionary.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by blackboy(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2020
Nice... I prefer reading than being in your shoes. I enjoyed the read
Congrats
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by extol1(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2020
I need someone to summarize this epistle in 5 lines
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by decatalyst(m): 4:32pm On May 25, 2020
DanseMacabre:
E too long for one post oooooo

I just discovered a way to hide something from you even when I give you the thing. grin

Lazy literate graduate.
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by DonBenny77(m): 5:04pm On May 25, 2020
Youth service in most northern states can be so boring I must say, I served in Jigawa (99% muslim) state in 2014/2015 election year, Right from the camp the dulling no be here no alcoho(no beer), no fun no action no freedom no camp sexcapde(you just need to advice yourself cos if them catch you)! Every morning before parade corpers would chant along "Jigawa! Jigawa! Corper no like Jigawa" After camp I got separated from my camp boo and posted to one desert called gantza Buji lga where they still use cow and carriages as means of transportation no electricity, corpers lodge was situated in the midst of millet and maize farms. The community decided to isolate the coppers lodge because the indegenes complained that Christian corpers tried to convert their kids and hence threathen their religion. After harvest the pests that feed on maize and millets would prey on poor corpers we had to tuck in our mosquito nets to our beds like 4 pm then sneak in when it's time to sleep to avoid these creeping and flying pests. I concluded I couldn't stay it was a "ghost mission" but circumstances forced me to stay for the last two months after one ill fated nation-wide headcount. It was the longest two months of my life.
Boring place no bars no beer no alcohol no fun no babes only "ninjas" covered from the strand of their hair to the soles of their feet under hot sun no decent olosho to manage sef you would have to travel to kano if you can manage the scarecrows at Sabongari for me I had to go all the way to KD to service my John Thomas once we had freedom during Salah celebrations. extreme sun, extreme cold.
Foodtuff is cheap though, I fed well for two weeks with less than 1k spent I was like "Yemi na so una dey live for here" yemi was my youruba muslim corper friend I got into domestic partnership with after my roommate in the lodge suggested that a pot of okra soup should last us 5 days without freezer in those extreme weather I couldn't cope, yemi taught me how to make youruba peppered stew the type they cook for like three hours we use it for rice and beans and also swallow. We used to go watch matches in groups at the only viewing centre in the community where we had to cope with uniform armpit odour we targeted the edge of the benches to perch and once it's close to half time would scramble out to get some fresh air. It was in Jigawa I saw how kilinshi was prepared and concluded that it is poison. I can't spend my money on roadside kilinshi...
On POP day we woke up as early as 5am and vibrated the whole lodge with songs of praise finally leaving this shithole we got to dutse in record time and then heartbreak for some of us we were not issued certificates rather we got one week extension for missing nationwide headcount. I spent that week in dutse, it was my best week in Jigawa, there was electricity i got to discover some coded in-house joint with beer, burukutu and even some of the "bob Marley's". Met some pretty girls from Fedral university of Dutse and guys as well who remain good friends till date. After a week we got our certificates like 5pm by 7pm I was in kano in a port Harcourt bound luxurious bus that was the end of my service year . What I like most about the place is that you go fit save money wella no beer no woman, low standardof living but can you cope with the monk life and harsh weather?......

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by Yustash001(m): 5:15pm On May 25, 2020
The most interesting part is the parlour in a car.....

You'll be surprised when you see 8 persons stuffed in keke napep and 2 other hanging by door

Their okada is the worst...they can be up to 7 on it..

Truly things are really very cheap, most especially food stuffs
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by dongodav: 7:45pm On May 25, 2020
Oh! That is nice. Where in Katsina? I am also serving and currently in katsina, Daura zone. My PPA is one Arabic school, girls only. My student do demand for my phone by saying, uncle wire, call me my mother

Reminaija:

NYSC without stories to tell…is that one NYSC? Lol.

Different meanings have been attached to service year (NYSC) in Nigeria by the youths. Many see it as a time of freedom. A time to step into the world and have fun. A time to be free from being monitored or watched. That phase of our lives when there’s full liberty to do anything, and I mean anything at all. A time to go wild, lol. You all get what I mean by that, right?

Only a few see it as a time of self-test; to know how independent one can be — being mobilized to a no man’s land and yet, staying disciplined.

Some also see it as: A time to save. A time to learn from different cultures. A time to explore wisely. A time to reflect and make better plans.

As for me, my service year in contrast to what many people may think (especially because I was posted to the north), was by far, the best year of my life (and it still is).
But mehn, I have got to be honest, North is an entirely different world. I had heard numerous things about it, but I must confess that seeing indeed, is believing. I have seen, and now I believe�Hence, I must share with you!

Before I proceed however, I would like to point out that this post is not meant to attack any tribe or culture in anyway � Just sharing my experience as a corps member�

Here goes�

I remember my first day at my PPA (place of primary assignment), I said to myself… “Will I be able to stay here for one whole year? “�� But anyway, no corps members posted to my PPA wouldn’t say this at first glance, even if it’s subconsciously.

Ehm, my people, in whatever circumstances we may find ourselves, there will always be the good part, and there will be the bad. Focusing on the good however, will do us more good than harm.

North, unlike what many people may think, actually has some benefits (the part I served anyway), and I can confidently say that it is a good place to serve as a corps member.

Here below, are some of my experiences while serving in Katsina.

Let me start with the foodstuffs– Oh boy, never have I seen or bought foodstuffs at such cheaper prices before. I wouldn’t forget the look on my face the first day I bought a whole watermelon for just #100�� Like seriously! And I mean a complete watermelon. It was just too good to be true. Not only that, there were days I got pepper, tomatoes, and onions for #100 only, and made stew for a week. Believe me, I thought I was in another part of the country.
Plus, you can get okra or Efo for as low as #20 here. That’s not all oh, I take bike for as low as #20 as well. Where does that happen! Apparently in the North.
No wonder I never even pack my bag, and it’s only a few days to my POP (Passing Out Parade), lol.

I cannot forget the cold though � The almost unbearable harmattan lasted for months. I nearly froze oh. During this period, you couldn’t care less about your dressing combination as long as it brought you warmth.

In addition, bathing became a daily self-struggle and battle. Only the fittest could endure and survive the morning shower. I heard some people even had to make bathing timetable� It was that serious. Palm oil is frozen, groundnut oil is frozen, human beings seff are Frozen! At a point, I’d pretend I was in Canada when I noticed smoke coming out of my mouth, oh my oh my�
Another aspect of the north I wouldn’t forget are my students. Oh, I must mention them. They’re hilarious in every way. Their number one interest in every discussion or topic treated is in, “marriage.” I would not forget the kind of questions they bombarded me with the very week we treated Reproduction, chai, I had to round it up sharp sharp oh.

Only in the North, you’d hear your students greet you from afar shouting, “Aunty, how far?.” I mean really? How far to your teacher?? I couldn’t be upset though, ’cause there’d be no point. I knew they didn,’t know any better. They even thought they were being polite �.

You’d hear your students “scold ” you for not coming to school on Thursday (our CDS was on Thursdays, so, we didn’t always go to school, but not all of them understood that), and would also threaten you not to miss coming on Friday. That’s just their own way of saying they missed you on that day in school. Such ignorance is kinda funny though, and cute�
Baba God con bless me with amazing people that I wouldn’t trade for anything. My besties among them were Solomon and Caleb, aka Uncle JERRY AND CALEBRAIN… My NYSC story would never be complete without these awesome people. They taught me a lot about life- acceptance, good-will, and sacrifices. It was such a blessing meeting them both. Calebrain taught me how to make manual toast bread with egg, Jerry taught me how to drink Fura, among other things… No wonder the first few days they both left, after their POP around March, were kinda empty for me. Well, life must go on. Nevertheless, l truly miss them both.
And of course, how could I forget the Alhajis there��… Chai, those people can disturb female corpers for Africa (but I guess this applies everywhere, not only in the north). Especially when they have small change and cars, they can entice corpers with money and material things wella. And their own love na by fire by force oh. One incident happened when my jolly friends were still around, I went to the fueling station (very close to the corpers’ lodge) to fetch water, and this Alhaji (the manager) asked for my phone number. I did not give, na so he lock tap and refuse to let me fetch water, not just that day but all through. In fact, the penalty extended to Jerry and Calebrain seff … I never see that kind of love before, do or suffer kind of love. ��

E get one that was literally flashing #1000 notes before my eyes few weeks ago. It was demeaning, but very hilarious at the same time.

It took me a while to get accustomed to the fact that everywhere is for peeing here. Once you feel like it, just go ahead and do it right away, regardless of where you may be. Both grown-ups and young ones. There is this one memory I am yet to get rid of from my head. I witnessed it on a particular evening, two grown men stooping side by side, gisting and laughing. On moving closer, I was perplexed when I realized they were both actually peeing… Like for real!

There’s also the part where a guy and a lady cannot stand alone and talk, they will conclude sharpaly that you’re doing ‘love.’ In fact, one of the male corpers informed us in the lodge that the northerners were hailing him (as well as the other male corpers), telling them that they were really enjoying the female corpers in the lodge … They even went as far as giving the male corpers a name, ‘Mai gida‘, meaning the head of the family or owner of the house, as in, husbands� Just because we all live together oh.

And hey, did anyone know every car/bus has a parlour? Well, neither did I, until I came to Katsina. Thanks to my service year in the North, they showed me that nothing is a waste, you must learn how to judiciously utilize every resources � In case you are lost and wondering what I’m talking about, the boot of every cab is the parlour here. They call it Parlour Hajia. After filling the inside of the car with passengers, a mat is meticulously spread in the boot, and passengers are allowed to enter there. And no, it’s not for free, those parlour passengers pay too. And incase you are also wondering how or if they will close the boot, they have a way of doing that, if you want to know come to the North, lol.�

Also, the way they adore Corpers here in the North ehn, it feels so good�. If any day you want to feel yourself small, just wear your seven over seven and walk around. Within few seconds, you will start hearing from every angle, “Corfer, corfer (corper, corper), how far, where I dey go?” You’d also hear, “Good morning; Good apter noon“, even if it’s in the evening, lol.

Oh yes, NCCF was a huge part of my service year. NCCF stands for NIGERIA CHRISTIAN CORPERS FELLOWSHIP. I strongly believe that God used NCCF to use me to do His will here (as He has done to many other corpers as well, and still doing). If you are an aspiring corps member or Batch A, I’d urge you to get acquainted with NCCF. NCCF is one of the most selfless organizations I have ever come across. They will do nothing but make you a better version of what you are. You wouldn’t meet a more or better organization that would bring out the best in you as a Corper, aside from NCCF.
To crown it all, my heavenly Daddy was there for His daughter all through��. He made the one-year journey worthwhile -He stood by me.

Despite the harsh weather, harmattan, the sun, and trust me, the sun here is a totally different kind. It scorches the hell out of anything. I’d spread onions in the sun, and the onions would melt to the point of bringing out moisture. The first day it happened, I was shocked. Yet, in spite of all these, not for one day did I buy malaria drug. The one Madre even gave me before going to camp, I gave it to someone else. It could only be baba God�
Some of my people at home in the south are suspecting whether or not I don settle with one Alhaji for North, ’cause of the way I’m just so relaxed and balanced, very funny though��. They don’t understand that na Baba God dash me peace of mind. Only God could have made my stay in such a place fun, fulfilling, and full of wonderful and beautiful experiences.

My advice to all upcoming corps members is that; it’s alright to envisage being posted to a nice place, especially towns and cities, where you can have a social life, and lots of fun. But things do not always turn out the way we expect them to. So, in case you find yourself in a place that you don’t like, and you try all your possible best to redeploy and it doesn’t work, leave it to God.
And instead of being sad about it, decide to enjoy and make the best of your time where ever you may be posted. It can’t be 100 percent bad. Don’t allow that single reason to spoil the rest of your year, you only get to serve once. Think away from that social life you so much wanted, it may not give you a better life anyway. Your service year is what you make of it.

Decide to obtain from it instead of being bitter about it for the rest of the year. It works like magic, your mind will adjust and adapt to the environment. And you will enjoy every bit of it �
Hope this post brought a smile to your face� Kindly like and share with a friend. Feel free to also drop your comments. If you are a corps member or an ex corps member, tell us a few about your experience also. We can’t wait to hear from you ❤️

Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by dongodav: 7:50pm On May 25, 2020
And it is North that you will see flies fly at night. The flies are many both in their Mani camp and my PPA, and lizard have no fear for woman, we rock the lodge together.
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by alexvic12: 10:40am On May 31, 2020
Ah guy you tried.

DonBenny77:
Youth service in most northern states can be so boring I must say, I served in Jigawa (99% muslim) state in 2014/2015 election year, Right from the camp the dulling no be here no alcoho(no beer), no fun no action no freedom no camp sexcapde(you just need to advice yourself cos if them catch you)! Every morning before parade corper would chant along "Jigawa! Jigawa! Corper no like Jigawa" After camp I got posted to one desert called gantza Buji lga where they still use cow and carriages as means of transportation no electricity, corpers lodge was situated in the midst of millet and maize farms. The community decided to isolate the coppers lodge because the indegenes complained that Christian corpers tried to convert their kids and hence threathen their religion. After harvest the pests that feed on maize and millets would prey on poor corpers we had to tuck in our mosquito nets to our beds like 4 pm then sneak in when it's time to sleep to avoid these creeping and flying pests. I concluded I couldn't stay it was a "ghost mission" but circumstances forced me to stay for the last two months after one I'll fated nation-wide headcount. It was the longest two months of my life.
Boring place no bars no beer no alcohol no fun no babes only "ninjas" covered from the strand of their hair to the soles of their feet under hot sun no decent olosho to manage sef you have to travel to kano if you can manage the scarecrows at sabongari for me I had to go all the way to KD to service my john thomas once we had freedom during Salah celebrations extreme sun, extreme cold.
Fooddtuff is cheap though, I fed well for two weeks with less than 1k spent I was like "Yemi na so una dey live for here" yemi was my youruba muslim corper friend I got into domestic partnership with after my roommate in the lodge suggested that a pot of okra soup should last us 5 days without freezer in those extreme weathers yemi taught me how to make youruba peppered stew the type they cook for like three hours we use it for rice and beans and also swallow. We used to go watch matches in groups at the only viewing centre in the community where we had to cope with uniform armpit odour we targeted the edge of the benches to perch and once iit's close to half time would scramble out to get some fresh air. It was in Jigawa I saw how kilinshi was prepared and concluded that it is poison. I can't spend my money on roadside kilinshi...
On POP day we woke up as early as 5am and vibrates the whole lodge with songs of praise finally leaving this shithole we got to dutse in record time and then heartbreak for some of us we were not issued certificates rather we got one week extension for missing nationwide headcount. I spent that week in dutse, it was my best week in Jigawa, there was electricity i got to discover some coded in house joint with beer, burukutu and even some of the "bob Marley's". Met some pretty girls from Fedral university of Dutse and guys as well who remain good friends till date. After a week we got our certificates like 5pm by 7pm I was in kano in a port Harcourt bound luxurious bus that was the end of my service year . What I like most about the place is that you go fit save money wella no beer no woman, low standardof living but can you cope with the boredom and weather?......
Re: My Nysc Experience In The North by DonBenny77(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
alexvic12:
Ah guy you tried. I served in Jigawa too. I miss Fanisau camp

Yeah! the best thing about serving in Jigawa was the orientation camp, don't know about now but as at 2014 the facilities were still new and working. One of the best in the country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nysc 2023 Batch B Online Registration Starts Today / Acca Oxford Brookes Degree And Nysc How? / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.