Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% (858 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / (infinix Hot 9 With Mediatek Helio A25 And 5000mah Battery)... My Predictions / Infinix Hot 9 Launched With Mediatek Helio A25 Soc: Below N40,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by beejayvince(m): 6:29pm On May 25, 2020
When it comes to major smartphone manufacturers who are capable of developing their own processors, Huawei definitely makes the list. The company’s HiSilicon chips reportedly account for 70% – 80% of its smartphone processors. However, it appears that things are changing this year.

Huawei is reportedly actively looking for an alternative to its Kirin processor. In fact, reports have it that the Chinese company’s order with MediaTek has increased by over 300%.

It is not a new development that Huawei partners with third-party chip suppliers sometimes. However, this purchase is usually not large. This year though, Huawei’s third-party order will greatly increase, especially for chips from MediaTek.

Huawei’s orders are huge and MediaTek is evaluating its capacity to meet the Chinese’s company’s needs. Huawei’s orders from the Taiwanese company in the past were usually for low-and mid-end 4G phone chips. However, this year’s orders may be a large number of mid- to high-end 5G chips.

Responding to the rumors of Huawei’s purchase of its 5G chips, MediaTek said that it had a good relationship with many Chinese mobile phone manufacturers. The Taiwanese company, however, did not say that Huawei has made purchases.

https://www.smartphonecamp.com/huaweis-order-with-mediatek-increases-by-over-300/
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by emmanuel4758(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2020
I thought the percentage end in 100%... Or it seems my mathematics teacher didn't inform me about 300 % percent

6 Likes

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by uchihajt: 9:23pm On May 25, 2020
emmanuel4758:
I thought the percentage end in 100%... Or it seems my mathematics teacher didn't inform me about 300 % percent
Lol..
After covid 19 it will reach 700% percent

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by princemillla(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2020
Oga percentage doesn't end in 100.

There is one million percentage depending on the calculation in question grin

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by beejayvince(m): 10:13pm On May 25, 2020
emmanuel4758:

You thought wrongly.

Imagine I gave you one orange on Monday. Then, picture these scenarios:

(i) On Tuesday, I gave you half an orange. That's 50% of what I gave you on Monday.

(ii) On Wednesday, I gave you one orange. That's 100% of what I gave you on Monday, i.e., exactly the whole of what I gave you on Monday.

(iii) On Thursday, I gave you four oranges. That's 100% of a whole orange in four places, and that gives us 400%.

So, the four oranges I gave you on Thursday signify a 300% increase over the one I gave you on Monday since it increased by 3 whole oranges.

In essence, 100% is the whole of something. However, there are multiples of percentages too. 100% of 24 eggs is 24 eggs. 300% of 24 eggs is 72 eggs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by dustmalik: 11:31pm On May 25, 2020
All thanks to the new 5G Dimensity chips from MediaTek, which are very good.
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by KrazyDave16(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2020
dustmalik:
All thanks to the new 5G Dimensity chips from MediaTek, which are very good.

It's not that, it's because most US foundries using American technology to make them chips are banned from supplying Huawei Kirin chips, hence why majority of their phones will be using mediatek chips.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by emmanuel4758(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2020
beejayvince:

You thought wrongly.

(i) On Tuesday, I gave you half an orange. That's 50% of what I gave you on Monday.

(ii) On Wednesday, I gave you one orange. That's 100% of what I gave you on Monday, i.e., exactly the whole of what I gave you on Monday.

(iii) On Thursday, I gave you four oranges. That's 100% of a whole orange in four places, and that gives us 400%.

So, the four oranges I gave you on Thursday signify a 300% increase over the one I gave you on Monday since it increased by 3 whole oranges.

In essence, 100% is the whole of something. However, there are multiples of percentages too. 100% of 24 eggs is 24 eggs. 300% of 24 eggs is 72 eggs.
your own base on inductive but look at this

(Huawei is reportedly actively looking for an alternative to its Kirin processor. In fact, reports have it that the Chinese company’s order with MediaTek has increased by over 300%.)
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by emmanuel4758(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2020
princemillla:
Oga percentage doesn't end in 100.

There is one million percentage depending on the calculation in question grin
�� ����� ������� ������ �� ����� ���� �
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by Babalegba(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuel4758:
Nigerian graduates I hail o
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by emmanuel4758(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2020
Babalegba:
Nigerian graduates I hail o
chike Obi I dey salute
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by emmanuel4758(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2020
beejayvince:

You thought wrongly.

you are even talking about accumulation of percentages... But check the guy post it hit 300%

So do you mean the percentage is not 100... No matter the calculation you want to do u can never accumulate percentage unless it is a different sequence.

Even united states that are conducting Republican approval rate has never pass 100%
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by beejayvince(m): 3:41pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuel4758:
your own base on inductive but look at this

(Huawei is reportedly actively looking for an alternative to its Kirin processor. In fact, reports have it that the Chinese company’s order with MediaTek has increased by over 300%.)

Are you actually serious right now? Tell me you're only pulling my legs. undecided

What class are you in?
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by beejayvince(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuel4758:
you are even talking about accumulation of percentages... But check the guy post it hit 300%

So do you mean the percentage is not 100... No matter the calculation you want to do u can never accumulate percentage unless it is a different sequence.

Even united states that are conducting Republican approval rate has never pass 100%

Let me break it down for you a little bit more.

Say, Huawei used to order for 100 chips from MediaTek every May before now. This May, however, Huawei ordered for 400 chips from MediaTek.

Assuming Huawei ordered for the same 100 chips this May, that would be exactly 100% of what Huawei used to order. 100% of 100 is 100.

However, instead of the 100, Huawei now ordered for 400. Don't you think the new percentage would be more than 100? The new 400 units ordered is a whopping 400% of the 100 units that Huawei used to order.

What else are you missing?

What percentage of 100 is 400? If you can answer this correctly, then you have gotten the point. If you cannot, then you need to go back to your New General Mathematics or whatever Mathematics textbook it is that Secondary School students use these days.

I'm not shading. I'm just saying.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by emmanuel4758(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2020
beejayvince:

Let me break it down for you a little bit more.

Say, Huawei used to order for 100 chips from MediaTek every May before now. This May, however, Huawei ordered for 400 chips from MediaTek.

Assuming Huawei ordered for the same 100 chips this May, that would be exactly 100% of what Huawei used to order. 100% of 100 is 100.

However, instead of the 100, Huawei now ordered for 400. Don't you think the new percentage would be more than 100? The new 400 units ordered is a whopping 400% of the 100 units that Huawei used to order.

What else are you missing?

What percentage of 100 is 400? If you can answer this correctly, then you have gotten the point. If you cannot, then you need to go back to your New General Mathematics or whatever Mathematics textbook it is that Secondary School students use these days.

I'm not shading. I'm just saying.

Regards.
let clear it for you... there is such a thing as a percentage larger than
100%, but not everything can have a percentage larger than 100%.

Go and check the topic and come back with your mathematical formulas.

I quote you anywhere that 300% in his context is wrong thou I understand what you are talking about but it can never go in line

That means last week the Republican approval rate is 60 and this week it go up to 70 and now it is 45 I think USA should have play along with your reasoning..

Sometimes what you think that is right might be wrong if you go deeper in it deductive or inductive.
Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by beejayvince(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuel4758:

I quote you anywhere that 300% in his context is wrong thou I understand what you are talking about but it can never go in line

That means last week the Republican approval rate is 60 and this week it go up to 70 and now it is 45 I think USA should have play along with your reasoning..

Sometimes what you think that is right might be wrong if you go deeper in it deductive or inductive.

This is a whole bunch of nonsense, but okay.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s Order With Mediatek Increases By Over 300% by Khaytunechi: 10:35pm On May 26, 2020
emmanuel4758:

You're correct, if you look at it deductive or inductive. Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Rolls Out Software Upgrade To 5G / Tecno W5 Lite For Sale / How Do I Get A Long Lasting Airpods For My Android Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.