Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Buried For 50 Years: Britain’s Shameful Role In The Biafran War Federick Forsyt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buried For 50 Years: Britain’s Shameful Role In The Biafran War Federick Forsyt (249 Views)

Britain's Shameful Role In The Biafran War - Fredrick Forsyth / Britain’s shameful role in the Biafran war,Frederick Forsyth Attack / Buried For 50 Years: Britain’s Shameful Role In The Biafran War: Frederic Forsyt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buried For 50 Years: Britain’s Shameful Role In The Biafran War Federick Forsyt by desmond2pk: 9:07pm On May 25, 2020
It is a good thing to be proud of one’s country, and I am – most of the time. But it would be impossible to scan the centuries of Britain’s history without coming across a few incidents that evoke not pride but shame. Among those I would list are the creation by British officialdom in South Africa of the concentration camp, to persecute the families of Boers. Add to that the Amritsar massacre of 1919 and the Hola camps set up and run during the struggle against Mau a snob, Hunt expected Africans to leap to attention when he entered the room – which Gowon did. At their single prewar meeting Ojukwu did not. Hunt loathed him at once.
I would not publish his either. He agreed.
villages. But the transformation came in July....
Read
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/21/buried-50-years-britain-shamesful-role-biafran-war-frederick-forsyth?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR3zu9SzpOzTw8az7-WRsyyL5qLCmdhboXcAs_0ijXvBxpaGiJdKAqZqhGw

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Best African Palaces In 2020 (presidential Palaces) / FG Glorifying COVID-19 – Commissioner / Edo Gov'ship; Governor Obaseki Meets Buhari As He Presents Re-election Form Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.