Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Spider Web By 300whitewolves - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Spider Web By 300whitewolves (610 Views)

The Spider's Web (A Poem On Domestic Violence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spider Web By 300whitewolves by 300whitewolves(m): 4:27pm On May 26, 2020
Good evening guys, am a new writer but I promise you an epic story , follow my thread and expect my updates soonest.

1 Like

Re: Spider Web By 300whitewolves by DeejayTeeno(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2020
I looking 4ward to it mehnnnnnnn lol. Create a WhatsApp group let's all roll.

1 Like

Re: Spider Web By 300whitewolves by 300whitewolves(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2020
Disclaimer:
All right reserved, no portion of this intellectual property may be used without the written permission of the writer.
Thanks
Re: Spider Web By 300whitewolves by 300whitewolves(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2020
I want to use this medium to say thank you to repogirl , Audrey timms, larrysun and many more nairaland writers, these guys are bombs, whereever you are success all the way, thanks for making my days not boring with your fantastic stories.
Re: Spider Web By 300whitewolves by 300whitewolves(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2020
Chapter 1

Grrrrrrrrrrrrghhhnnnnnn,grrrrrrrrrrrrghhhnnnnnn, that’s the alarm clock, Alex thought, he hadn’t really slept since he came back from work yesterday evening, there were too many criminal cases these days since recession have virtually affected the whole world making each countries economy crumble like a pack of card. He stood up heading to the bathroom to prepare for the day's work when he saw his phone light turn on indicating a notification , he moved closer to his phone, picking it up to check the message , “We need your presence at the headquarters asap”, shit!, Ales cursed under his breath , he had done all he needed to do at the office yesterday ,why will his boss use this kind of message to greet him good morning. 15minutes later he was in his car ready to move to the office where he worked. After 5mins of being in traffic cursing under his breath the tanker driver who caused the whole hold up in the first place, his mind drifted to the call his mother had with him 3 days ago, he was surprised he hadn’t even had the time to dwell on the matter, “Alex Adetokunbo, when will you bring your wife home, don’t you know you are already old and even too ripe for marriage , his mum lamented , I want to see my grandchildren, and I want it this year, whether you are going to impregnate someone or perform a miracle , I want my grandchildren “, that was the end of the call, he didn’t know whether to smile or to be furious when the call first came in but right now when he thought about it, he couldn’t keep his sparkling white teeth from showing in the side mirror, “Why would mum always be on his neck to get married”, he thought, he was only 30 years for heaven’s sake and moreover his elder brother was already married with children and his younger sister was newly wedded too with a child to show for it and if the main issue was about the grand child thing , his mum already has the grand children she wanted, why always me?. The honking of the car behind him jostled him back from his thought, whoops, his boss was definitely going to have a word with him today , he was already an hour late.
Re: Spider Web By 300whitewolves by 300whitewolves(m): 7:47pm On May 28, 2020
Life was not rosy for Alex during his childhood days, he had to learn through thick and thin that life was not a bed of roses,he developed great survival instinct which helped him develop as a detective working under the government of his country, in his five years of service , he has greatly excelled , bringing notorious criminals to book, solving murder cases and mysteries. Parking in front of the police headquarters he didn't feel the usual stride of walking to the front door, he checked his time, 9:37, the only person he could blame right now wass the tanker driver who refused to stay at home causing unnecessary traffic on the road,he walked to his boss office saluting every officer he met on the way , he whispered a short prayer before knocking on the front door, come in , the voice boomed, since coming in as replacement for his old boss, Alex couldn't believe he hasn't taken in all the features of his new boss, sitting on a leather chair behind a desk, his boss wore a neatly ironed khaki uniform with edges that could cut a new old baby's skin, with the new haircut on his head ,he looked to be around his late forties , but Alex knew his real age is 53, the only difference he could point out was the pot belly his new boss didn't have which was a plus to him compared to his old boss who sometimes had to open a button hole before he could sit down. "We have new case on ground", his boss said after Alex has saluted him after entering his office, I didn't want any other person to handle it that is why I called you first, Alex couldn't believe what he heard, he just finished a case a while ago and his boss is pushing a new one to him, he wasn't the only detective in the police force for heaven's sake. This case has to be closed fast and all guilty parties must be brought to justice , yes sir, that was what he could only say, Alex picked up the file on his boss desk and he turned to move out when he heard his boss voice ,"do you think I wasn't going to ask you why you came late this morning", arrrrrrrrrmmmmmm, he muttered, he had no excuse to give his boss, add those hours to your normal working hours, yes sir, he answered. Getting to his desk , he saw his fellow detective walking towards him, hi Fred, hi Alex, Alex couldn't keep a straight face he was already overwhelmed with the work his boss gave him, why the strong face Alex, am tired of this our new boss, he picks on me ,I don't know what I did to get him angry always, and moreover, you detectives in the internet and fraud department are really enjoying, how many times do you get to work , Fred couldn't keep the laughter to himself, Alex was the only person in the whole police department that he could call by his first name without adding the word detective or officer, they have been together since their university days, come on Alex, you know you are one of the best in this office , if not the best , but you are good at what you do, give yourself a break, I think your boss doesn't want other people to think he is cuddling you because you are good, come on, am even jealous myself sometimes, knowing the fact that I was the one that taught you when we were in the university, Alex couldn't keep his teeth from flashing, Fred has always been a good friend to him and he could trust his judgement at any point, Fred, don't you think it's time for you to get your fat bumbum off my desk, Fred got the joke, it was time to get busy , he knew his friend ,when he buries himself in work, it's ghost mode, I will check you later in the afternoon, Fred said, am serving longer hours today, courtesy of my boss, yeah, I wanted to ask , you came in late this morning, yeah, Alex gave him the full story of how the tanker driver spoilt his day without even having contact with him, and before I forget , I want to discuss what my mother told me on the phone with you, Fred smiled , is it about getting a wife , yes, Alex replied, I already told you , you need to get more serious about marriage,he already got the answer he needed, Alex pushed Fred out of his office so he could start on the case, he knew if he didn't his friend was going to keep him talking till eternity , he settled back on his chair and whispered a little prayer , he opened the case note, he couldn't believe what his eyes saw.
Re: Spider Web By 300whitewolves by 300whitewolves(m): 4:54pm On May 29, 2020
Omg!!!!, Alex exclaimed,who could have done this type of job except the same person he had been tracking for the past two years, another rich man belonging to the world of politics was the new victim of this cold blooded killer who takes the pain of shooting it's victims in a crucifixion style, one bullet to the head, one on each palms and one on each legs in a crossed way, it's been a while this killer had struck, why taking so long?, that was the question he kept asking himself ,though investigations never led to the arrest of nobody, yet people still end up dying in the hands of this killer,what really struck him again was it's new victim, Chief Ebenezer Stanley, a politician who has survived in the game of politics for many years and has turned himself into a political giant in his state. The one question that still lingered in his mind was how the killer was able to evade all his securities as well as his well guarded amoured vehicle, well he hadn't read the full report and moreover he needed to see the place where the killing occured himself , but first he has to finish this report so he could move to the next thing on his agenda. After the debriefing of his fellow officers on the new case at hand, each division was given their work to do on the case, Alex was to take the lead role in the case but to report to his boss of any new happenings, everyone was dismissed. On the road to Ikotun, where the shooting actually happened,Alex couldn't keep his mind on what Officer Chuks was saying about the new attack on the insurgents, he feigned listening but he was really absent minded, his main aim was to nab this killer this time, it was the only red ink on his white sheet of success, after a while when Officer Chuks didn't hear a response he stopped talking and focused more on his driving, Alex felt bad, well, he knows better he thought. The shooting was a precise one, the timing and the place of action was well thought off, well he couldn't expect less from the killer based on its previous killings, though the report gave a little insight , the killing happened late in the evening at 6:30pm when it might be hard to identify someone, the perfect timing was that there was a masquerade celebration ongoing, there were too many people on the street, what an eyewitness recounted was that she saw a masquerade dragging someone out of the vehicle and shooting the victim severally before everything turned into chaos. Alex checked his time, it was already 4:28pm , he was already tired from the interrogation he and Chuks were doing, I need to get a bottle of cold water, Alex said, I need too, replied Chuks, am also hungry I didn't eat before leaving home today, my wife travelled to visit her mother , I just couldn't wake up early to prepare food to eat , I thought I would eat in the canteen right in the office , but I was beckon on by work, Alex smiled, yeah I get it, he didn't know the response to give to what Chuks had said, so how do you see this set up, officer, well, I see a lot of loop holes this time and am positive we are bringing this killer to justice this time, Chuks replied, hmmmmmn, guess we have to work hard, let's see how it goes, tomorrow we start the diggings, we need to freshen up for a good start, am too stale for a work like this, Chuks chulked, yeah, think so too. Alex and Chuks drove back to the office to document what they were able to retrieve today. Most morning guys were not in the office when he got there, he chatted with few people before leaving for home. Alex got into his car and looked back at the office, he couldn't keep himself from shaking his head, he muttered under his breath, " Tommorow is another day".

(1) (Reply)

The Dark Realm / King Williams Children's Library. Now Opening. / Life Is Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.