Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick (2021 Views)

My 5months+ Dog Isn't Barking / Rate My 5months Old Boerboel / Rate My 5months Old Female Caucasian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 8:47pm On May 26, 2020
Please help save spike..dog owners in the house..my dog has been sick since on Saturday,his temperature is high and has refused to eat..if you give him food he burries the food and won't eat it.... we have been taking him to the vet since on Sunday.The doctor said it's fever .the dog was given injection and drip ,and we have been taking him for treatment everyday since on Sunday,yet no improvement....
Please dog owners in the house what can I do...
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by harmony940(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2020
Please post this in the pet section,I have a dog but you will meet more dog lovers that will give you valuable advice.....How old is your dog,is it vomiting? He might be having parvo virus,am just saying anyways you need a very good vet many of the vet are not competent.....Take it easy alll will be well.
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by CrazyCrane: 1:42am On May 28, 2020
whiteraven:
Please help save spike..dog owners in the house..my dog has been sick since on Saturday,his temperature is high and has refused to eat..if you give him food he burries the food and won't eat it.... we have been taking him to the vet since on Sunday.The doctor said it's fever .the dog was given injection and drip ,and we have been taking him for treatment everyday since on Sunday,yet no improvement....
Please dog owners in the house what can I do...

whatever ya doing make sure you dog remains hydrated..
try deworming him, hope he's also tick free?
also feed him with food thats attractive (more of proteins)
watch out for his poo
a dog poo tells a lot about his/her health.

1 Like

Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 6:28am On May 28, 2020
CrazyCrane:

whatever ya doing make sure you dog remains hydrated..
try deworming him, hope he's also tick free?
also feed him with food thats attractive (more of proteins)
watch out for his poo
a dog poo tells a lot about his/her health.
ok ... thank you
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Nastymarz(m): 2:34pm On May 28, 2020
How is he now. I hope he's better now
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 6:58am On May 29, 2020
Nastymarz:
How is he now. I hope he's better now
Yes he is strong now.. after 5 days treatment...He is very agile now
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Nastymarz(m): 11:15am On May 29, 2020
That's good to know i really love his color. Hope we will be seeing more pictures soon
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 6:39am On Jun 03, 2020
Nastymarz:
That's good to know i really love his color. Hope we will be seeing more pictures soon
spike is sick again this time with bloody and stinking stool...we had to change vet who detected parvovirus...He is vomiting everything given to him..
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Nastymarz(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Thats really bad. Please do all you can to take care of him and he would be fine. Also do better work on his environment especially where he sleeps you need to disinfect it for at least 3days
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nastymarz:
Thats really bad. Please do all you can to take care of him and he would be fine. Also do better work on his environment especially where he sleeps you need to disinfect it for at least 3days
please how do I apply the hypo.should I mix it with water or should I apply it without mixing it...
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Nastymarz(m): 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
A little water will do
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Stooling and vomiting has stopped...But he is not eating...He is very weak ...we are force feeding him custard sometimes malt with big syringe.please what can I do to make him feed the normal way he used to feed, so he can have strength.
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by CrazyCrane: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
whiteraven:
Stooling and vomiting has stopped...But he is not eating...He is very weak ...we are force feeding him custard sometimes malt with big syringe.please what can I do to make him feed the normal way he used to feed, so he can have strength.

just keep force feeding him for now,till he gathers some strength
please keep your dog hydrated also.
wishing him quick recovery.
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
CrazyCrane:

just keep force feeding him for now,till he gather some strength
please keep your dog hydrated also.
wishing him quick recovery.
ok thanks
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Namdeenero(m): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
Gsds have high chances of surviving Parvo virus.. Just make sure to keep your dog hydrated while the treatment lasts Goodluck
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Hathor5(f): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Has he been vaccinated?
If possible, go and see another vet.
Some of them are anyhow.
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by whiteraven: 6:25am On Jun 18, 2020
Spike is completely free from all the symptoms (stooling blood and vomiting).
And he is very strong and agile now ..The only challenge now is that his appetite is totally gone ,we have been force feeding him up till now.even though he is well..He doesn't eat by himself..A runs away from food. please what can I do.
Re: My 5months German Shepherd Is Sick by Nastymarz(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
whiteraven:
Spike is completely free from all the symptoms (stooling blood and vomiting).
And he is very strong and agile now ..The only challenge now is that his appetite is totally gone ,we have been force feeding him up till now.even though he is well..He doesn't eat by himself..A runs away from food. please what can I do.
that's an amazing news i think you should give him some multivitamins to help him regain his appetite. But in the mean time keep force feeding

(1) (Reply)

. / Full Breed Rotrweiler (box Head) Puppies For Sale At Affordable Prices / this male boerboel pup is still available...female also available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.