Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? (1298 Views)

Honda Sound Sitter Calms Your Baby With Relaxing Engine Sound - Photos / Best Engine Oil For Honda Accord EOD 4 Cylinder / Best Engine Oil For BMW X5 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by hanniball: 8:54pm On May 26, 2020
If you're like me, you love the sound of a good exhaust note, from screaming v12 engines to rumbling v8's most people consider it noise but car enthusiasts enjoy every bit of it.
I once had the pleasure of hearing a nissan gtr r35 (possibly straight-piped) in person, that's arguably the best v6 engine sound in the world.
I was wondering, petrolheads like myself what's the best engine sound you've heard in person?
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Sellfish(m): 9:02pm On May 26, 2020
GTbank ATM engine sound when it wants to dispense money to me smiley

Sound like no other grin

13 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by EDGEof2MORO: 9:52pm On May 26, 2020
Have you heard the Lexus LFA?

Have you heard the BMW E60 M5?

Have you heard the Aston Martin Valkyrie? This one would banish the spirit of any forced induction demon inside you wink

I would have put up links but I'm tired of fuçking with Seun's spambots. Use Google to hear what they sound like
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:54pm On May 26, 2020
Ford mustang

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Themandalorian: 11:40pm On May 26, 2020
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by DARLINGTON869(m): 11:47pm On May 26, 2020
I salivate whenever I hear the growl of infinity fx35 or 45

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by hanniball: 7:25am On May 27, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:
Have you heard the Lexus LFA?

Have you heard the BMW E60 M5?

Have you heard the Aston Martin Valkyrie? This one would banish the spirit of any forced induction demon inside you wink

I would have put up links but I'm tired of fuçking with Seun's spambots. Use Google to hear what they sound like
The lexus lfa is on another level, closest thing to a formula car that's road legal. I'm not a fan of the looks though, looks more like a Toyota celica
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by hanniball: 7:27am On May 27, 2020
Sellfish:

Sound like no other grin
undecided
Sellfish:

Sound like no other grin
it's all fun and games until you hear the sound get debit alert but money no come out

5 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by hanniball: 7:33am On May 27, 2020
DARLINGTON869:
The sound of this car is underrated, just like the 2010 lexus is250 people don't realize how good these cars sound with the right exhaust system
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:33am On May 27, 2020
In person, the Hummer 2 with the 6.2L small block. cheesy

A CLS550 with a modified exhaust comes close, though.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Akunwafor(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2020
Ah

It was a cool day years ago in Unilag, it had rained that morning so everywhere was calm; and later that evening, students in twos were about enjoying the cool weather while strolling.

I, being a renegade, was strolling with a fellow renegade, enjoying a chilled bottle of origin bitters and listening to each others musings.

That moment, we heard a low and heavy purr, almost like something heavy was angry and making it known, I thought it was a semi truck-why would a semi truck be behind me without even horning to alert me.

Then it went past me.

The most beautiful box head, the sexiest eyes and sweet geometric curves. God I wanted to have her there and then, I had to have her.

Till today, owning a G-wagon has been my dream. Even from afar, you know a gelandwagen is around just from the sound and vibrations you feel.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:38am On May 27, 2020
Akunwafor:
Ah

It was a cool day years ago in Unilag, it had rained that morning so everywhere was calm; and later that evening, students in twos were about enjoying the cool weather while strolling.

I, being a renegade, was strolling with a fellow renegade, enjoying a chilled bottle of origin bitters and listening to each others musings.

That moment, we heard a low and heavy purr, almost like something heavy was angry and making it known, I thought it was a semi truck-why would a semi truck be behind me without even horning to alert me.

Then it went past me.

The most beautiful box head, the sexiest eyes and sweet geometric curves. God I wanted to have her there and then, I had to have her.

Till today, owning a G-wagon has been my dream. Even from afar, you know a gelandwagen is around just from the sound and vibrations you feel.

Curves.
G Wagon.

Choose one.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Akunwafor(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Curves.
G Wagon.

Choose one.

They are musings bro, relax.

Regardless, look up the schematics, the box shape didn't come out of thin air, angle and cirles were manipulated, I can't remember the exact math jargon for it.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2020
Akunwafor:

They are musings bro, relax.

Regardless, look up the schematics, the box shape didn't come out of thin air, angle and cirles were manipulated, I can't remember the exact math jargon for it.

Rumor has it that the G Class designers only had access to rulers at the time. grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by BamBamK: 10:46am On May 27, 2020
loool grin grin grin
HeavenlyBang:

Rumor has it that the G Class designers only had access to rulers at the time. grin
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by jodeci(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2020
DARLINGTON869:

U can say this again.
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by nurey(m): 1:21pm On May 27, 2020
Lamborghini Gallardo. Never knew I did ever see one during my lifetime grin it was gone in a matter of seconds.

The irony was that I was in a molue standing grin truly hardwork pays.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by NaijadrivaCars: 5:35pm On May 27, 2020
Sellfish:

Sound like no other grin

FRUUUUUUIUUUUUUUUU
grin

BTW, what you hear is not engine sound (which is deafening) but exhaust system (especially muffler).
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

FRUUUUUUIUUUUUUUUU
grin

BTW, what you hear is not engine sound (which is deafening) but exhaust system (especially muffler).

Hardly different things.

Exhaust noise IS engine noise, just piped through to the back through the gas expulsion process. All mufflers do is give it some characteristics. Resonators have their part too. Headers, pipe material and size, etc.
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by NaijadrivaCars: 5:39pm On May 27, 2020
DARLINGTON869:

Me too. That SUV balance die. I drove one (not mine) and I could feel the confidence behind the steering. Though it is not roomy, gas guzzler and doesn't come cheap to maintain.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Praxtech: 5:41pm On May 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
In person, the Hummer 2 with the 6.2L small block. cheesy

A CLS550 with a modified exhaust comes close, though.
For a young boy like you.... Not surprised
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Praxtech: 5:42pm On May 27, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Me too. That SUV balance die. I drove one (not mine) and I could feel the confidence behind the steering. Though it is not roomy, gas guzzler and doesn't come cheap to maintain.
Try the word useless
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2020
Praxtech:

For a young boy like you.... Not surprised

Tunde my man. How's Ekiti?
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Praxtech: 7:15pm On May 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Tunde my man. How's Ekiti?
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by ITbomb(m): 1:46pm On May 28, 2020
The noiseless RR

They had to install speakers to remind the driver that the engine is running

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2020
Ah, yes, a Bentley Continental GT sounded heavenly at WOT.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by Gabbiecar: 4:27pm On May 28, 2020
Straight piped murcielago, Lexus lfa, e60 m5, Straight piped 2004 G500, Any Nissan/infiniti with the VQ engine
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by wamide042(m): 6:48pm On May 28, 2020
G63 Gwagon
Chevrolet (Chevrolee) camaro ..
Ford Raptor..
Re: What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? by kingreign(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2020
My Wife's Infiniti G35x after I deleted the cats. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can I Swap A 2008 Lexus IS350 Engine To A 1989 Nissan Bluebird? / Help With Fix For Wobbling Front Wheel / Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.