Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Which One First The App Or The Website? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which One First The App Or The Website? (659 Views)

Rate The Website I Created / Creating The Website Of Your Dream With Codes / Running The Website Is Very Slow, How To Improve The Speed Of The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One First The App Or The Website? by KingTayo37(m): 9:48pm On May 26, 2020
Hello nairaland,i really need advice I'm starting a new social network service that I have been planing for some time and now I'm stuck on the decision on what to make first the app or the website version,I already know HTML,CSS and JavaScript for the site and I just finished java android development for the app,so please I need advice and suggestio,
all suggestion and contribution are welcome,Thank you.
Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by weblord1900: 10:15pm On May 26, 2020
The web..

1 Like

Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by neuroboy4: 10:40pm On May 26, 2020
You should know that a social network site/app needs a backend that manages data you'd be working with. So, for you to build something that has both website and android version, the best thing is to first work on a REST API which will allow both the website and mobile app to manage same data.
So the process will be:

Backend first (with Node.js, Django etc...)

Then Website (HTML, CSS, Javascript)

Android (Java etc.)

1 Like

Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by KingTayo37(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2020
neuroboy4:
You should know that a social network site/app needs a backend that manages data you'd be working with. So, for you to build something that has both website and android version, this the best thing is to first work on a REST API which will allow both the website and mobile app to manage same data.
So the process will be:

Android (Java etc.)

Thank you for this important information and please were would you recommended for me to learn more about node.js and Django.
Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by neuroboy4: 11:24pm On May 26, 2020
KingTayo37:

Thank you for this important information and please were would you recommended for me to learn more about node.js and Django.
*You can first take crash courses on YouTube.
*Udemy has great courses for both Node.js and Django. Get a top rated udemy course.
And there are also good books online too. You can download free PDFs from pdfdrive.com.
I'd advise you to focus on Node.js since you're already familiar with JS. Prior knowledge of Python is needed to learn Django

1 Like

Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by neuroboy4: 11:26pm On May 26, 2020
Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by KingTayo37(m): 11:31pm On May 26, 2020
neuroboy4:

*You can first take crash courses on YouTube.
*Udemy has great courses for both Node.js and Django. Get a top rated udemy course.
And there are also good books online too. You can download free PDFs from pdfdrive.com.
I'd advise you to focus on Node.js since you're already familiar with JS. Prior knowledge of Python is needed to learn Django
Thank you very much,I will definitely start looking into this.
Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by Taofeekdboy(m): 12:06am On May 27, 2020
More to what neuroboy has said, before you can make both mobile and web app for a single application, then you have to build a restful API, where you need a backend technology such as nodejs, Django, PHP and the rest, you should go for either nodejs or Django but my personal preference is Django because of its drf(django rest framework) which simplifies your work and makes it very fast to build a restful API.

Basic knowledge of python is required to work with Django and the tutorials can be found on YouTube, udemy, ww3schools and the likes.
With a restful API, you can make calls to your API from both your web app and mobile app.
In line with mobile app development, you will need to know either kotlin for Android dev or swift for ios dev, flutter or react-native for both android and ios dev.

In which way you choose, I wish you best of luck and happy coding!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by Akhigbeblog(m): 12:31am On May 27, 2020
neuroboy4:
You should know that a social network site/app needs a backend that manages data you'd be working with. So, for you to build something that has both website and android version, the best thing is to first work on a REST API which will allow both the website and mobile app to manage same data.
So the process will be:

Android (Java etc.)

Why node.js instead of visual studio code?
Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by neuroboy4: 12:40am On May 27, 2020
Akhigbeblog:

Why node.js instead of visual studio code?
Two different things. Node.js a runtime environment for writing Javascript on the server, VS code an Editor/IDE
Re: Which One First The App Or The Website? by Akhigbeblog(m): 8:17am On May 27, 2020
neuroboy4:

Two different things. Node.js a runtime environment for writing Javascript on the server, VS code an Editor/IDE
Wow, please I'd love to know more about it

(1) (Reply)

Computer Based Point Of Sales Software / Looking For A Flutter Developer. / App Developer Needed Urgently : Legit Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.