Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Advised On Msc In Applied Computing And Internet Technology - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advised On Msc In Applied Computing And Internet Technology (863 Views)

Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help / Pls Advice On Msc Course To Do / Advice On Msc Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advised On Msc In Applied Computing And Internet Technology by Ejovwokeme(m): 3:12am On Jun 11, 2007
I am planning to apply for an Msc in Appllied Computing and Internet Technology. My first degree is in Mass Communication, I don't know how it looks like cause am coming from a different background. I want somebody that have done the programme  to advised me. I am applying to a UK based University.
Re: Advised On Msc In Applied Computing And Internet Technology by Dynast(m): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
Infact my sis you will need PGD first cos you are comming from entirely diff background and some of the courses you will do require alot of coding work.
First of all get the brochure of the uni and go thru their course outline you will see the detail of courses you willl offer or the area you will research into. From them you make ur decision
Re: Advised On Msc In Applied Computing And Internet Technology by minniepoe(f): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2007
just like Dynasty said, you might be required to do a pgd prior to your doing the masters degree ebcause yo are from a different discipline entirely. but of you are adamant on going for a masters degree right away why not try applying for msc in information technology, i am not really sure but i think this programme is designed for people with little or no knowledge of computing(computer science)
Re: Advised On Msc In Applied Computing And Internet Technology by Ejovwokeme(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2007
I was made to understand my an official in one of these representatives of foreign universities in Lagos that I can get the admission with my first degree. But I will love to know from some one who has done the course or currently doing it how easy it is, since am coming from a different background. Its a taught base masters programme designed for those without any computing background according to the brochure i saw.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone-using Internet Mail Such As Yahoo, Hotmail, Aol And So On. / Need You Assistance In A Million Naira Project / D Girl @ D Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.