Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman (28165 Views)

Umar Farouq 'Weeps' As Pantami Disgraces Her At FEC Meeting - Sahara Reporters / N-power: 109,823 Beneficiaries Now Business Owners – Sadiya Umar Farouq / Sadiya Umar Farouq Visits Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by naptu2: 1:42pm On May 27, 2020
Toni Kan is a well known Nigerian author and editor. He was recently appointed as a spokesman by the minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq.

However, many APC supporters complained about the appointment. They said that Mr Kan had often criticised the Buhari Administration and they referred to Mr Kan as an "enemy within". Mr Kan's supporters trended the hashtag #WhoIsAfriadOfToniKan yesterday. However, Mr Kan has now declined the appointment at the behest of the minister.

TONI KAN (Lagosian Panglosian) @tonikan11

At the behest of HM @Sadiya_farouq @fmhdsd, in the wake of the outcry on twitter over my engagement as Media Consultant I wish to decline the position of Spokesperson. I thank her for the opportunity and wish the ministry all the best.

https://twitter.com/tonikan11/status/1265597367526580230

4 Likes

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by naptu2: 1:42pm On May 27, 2020
Anthony Kan Onwordi known as Toni Kan (born 11 June 1971) is a Nigerian writer, editor, public relations senior management executive, and teacher. He is author of the collection of short stories, Nights of a Creaking Bed, noted for exploring themes on African sexuality, and published by Cassava Republic Press (Nigerian publishers of writers such as Teju Cole). He was the winner of the NDDC/Ken Saro Wiwa literature prize, awarded by the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), in 2009.

Kan studied English literature at the University of Jos and earned an M.A in English literature at the University of Lagos in 1999, graduating at the top of his class. He became a magazine editor at the age of 26.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Kan

1 Like

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by naptu2: 1:42pm On May 27, 2020
End

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by GamalNasser: 1:44pm On May 27, 2020
No problem ..You shouldn't have even elected to get appointed by the Buhari govt in the first place ..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Racoon(m): 1:48pm On May 27, 2020
Unfortunately, ours is a system that does not practice participatory democracy-just the winner-takes-all mentality.OBJ & Jonathan appointed critics into govt even non-party members but with the APC, it's a no, no.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Karlifate: 1:48pm On May 27, 2020
Toni Kan... His name sounds like a joker grin
Not surprised.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by tammie24: 1:49pm On May 27, 2020
Government that hates criticism

Good he did that

Buhari government na CV spoiler

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Davash222(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2020
Una sure say this Toni Kan na Nigerian Very good of him.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by money121(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2020
G
Mod don lift ban
Thank God fr FP post ��✔️♥️
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Goldenheart(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2020
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by sanemind2(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2020
I like that

Meanwhile

Get Hd movies into your hard drive or buy otg flash preloaded with hd movies if you are in Port Harcourt.
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 27, 2020
A man with principle.

If every intellectual does this in Nigeria , then, APC will have no other option than to return back to Sudan where it has initially been recruiting Manpower for so long.

Meanwhile, get your store /website built in 3 days using WordPress /Shopify /woo commerce.

Check me out on fiverr

Fiverr.com /Nelpeterson

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 27, 2020
They call you to the table when you keep spitting the truth like bars.

I'm still buying Fu iPhone 7 plus

1 Like

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by gambia(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2020
Its best for him.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Beremx(f): 1:51pm On May 27, 2020
He saved his integrity by not accepting the appointment.

Meanwhile, Femi Adeshina has soiled his intergrity working for Buhari.

Who’s famous now?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by farem: 1:52pm On May 27, 2020
Z
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by masseratti: 1:52pm On May 27, 2020
Critics of any government administration has no business taking up appointments in the government administration unless they have joined the party and declared allegiance to the party, you can't eat your cake and have it at the same time.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by okoloemmalex(m): 1:53pm On May 27, 2020
who would want to work with this cruel and lying woman?

except those who just like crumbs. I have never seen a wicked woman like this lady, she lies at will.

nonsense and ingredient

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by fergie001: 1:53pm On May 27, 2020
Best he resigned.......Hints magazine those days , this man spoil me wallahi grin

I can see Akinsola's tweet there......seunm*g's mentor grin

15 Likes

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Realresk(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2020
Thats a man with strong ethics up there..... Cos' he wd be forced to swallow his words like Femi Adesina cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Blaisser: 1:54pm On May 27, 2020
Surprising.
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Itzstarboi(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2020
Only God understands this type of government

3 Likes

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Quality20(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2020
Toni Kan is d best Igbo journalist sha. Is he afraid of ipob guys or what?
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2020
That minister lies too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Eneoche1987: 1:55pm On May 27, 2020
It's funny the way people just think everyone is a fool like them. Rubbish. undecided undecided
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by boyjo: 1:56pm On May 27, 2020
Make I hear say I dey criticize Buhari government, e come give me appointment, I come reject am!!
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by Tobinrobin(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2020
Way to go
Re: Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman by picoba(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2020
Are you sure of this report?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Did Igbos Do To Buhari? - Reno Omokri Asks / Ben Murray-Bruce Drinking Palm Wine At Main Festival Today (Photos) / Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.