Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians (16843 Views)

Peter Obi Rejects VIP Treatment, Assists Stranded Nigerians At Abuja Airport / FG Suspends Plans To Borrow $22.7bn / Buratai Orders Evacuation Of Stranded Passengers On Maiduguri-damboa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Uwaiwe: 8:11pm On May 27, 2020
Is evacuation still necessary? When people are waiting for airports to open so they can return to their base abroad.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Prinzecharlez(m): 8:12pm On May 27, 2020
Nna make dem come evacuate stranded Nigerians in Nigeria biko.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by martineverest(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2020
DOnlooker:
So basically, if a Nigerian abroad contracts coronavirus, he's automatically stripped of his nigerian citizenship and the untouchable right to be always welcome in his own country. Where on earth is such a thing done ?
Na so it IQ understand am?
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by LaIabobo: 8:16pm On May 27, 2020
DOnlooker:
So basically, if a Nigerian abroad contracts coronavirus, he's automatically stripped of his nigerian citizenship and the untouchable right to be always welcome in his own country. Where on earth is such a thing done ?

Don't get this wrong. Our borders are still quite open to Nigerians. If they can find their way to a Nigerian border, they are allowed into the country.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 27, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Tell that to their host countries that have suspended flights too.

Many of the host countries are opening airports and flight suspension cancelling. June will take its course.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by naija4life247: 8:38pm On May 27, 2020
PlainJoe:
Because their children are not among.

Please do not read this and ignore us. I never planned for this. I stopped working since in the month of February due to my failing health condition as advised and before 2nd week of next month, my wife will put to bed our first child and yet we haven't prepared in anyway. At the moment, there's no N1000 in the family. We sincerely plead for your assistance looking at the time and circumstances. To reach out to us, please see the attached thread for what led to my present unfortunate condition and contact details. Nothing is too small.

https://www.nairaland.com/5875789/diagnosed-tuberculosis-told-stop-work

Thanks and stay blessed.

I know a good answer for your senseless comment, but I will spare you till you chop belleful and fit to take my punch. I won't add insult to your injury.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by kemii4293: 8:41pm On May 27, 2020
[color=#] 3386266[/color]
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by nedekid: 8:51pm On May 27, 2020
Usless people. They said we should apply for covid 19 loans.
We apply over 1 month, all na audio. Is it when covid has passed and ended you. Plan to give the loan?
Metcheew.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by naijanative: 9:12pm On May 27, 2020
Pavore9:
"He said with the new policy evacuees will have to be tested at most nine days before their flight take off".....So if am to arrive Nigeria next Wednesday and as of today being Wednesday my test reads negative then between now and departure date I get exposed to the virus, so it means on arrival I will just head home?

Yes, you self isolate at home.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Royalfurnitures: 9:27pm On May 27, 2020
Were they even serious about it ab initio

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:32pm On May 27, 2020
weblord1900:
Hmm. After one week lockdown without light and food with us they will wish they had stayed there.. undecided

Not all of them are residents there.
Some are ;
Students on short courses
Women that went to put to bed
Students that have finished school and going back home
Tourist and travellers that simply went on holidays
Researchers etc.
They are stranded and run out of cash to continue staying there and maybe have no homes there.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Y2ffarms: 9:41pm On May 27, 2020
We sell quality day old Chicks from reputable hatcheries across the country.

We deliver nationwide.
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by weblord1900: 9:54pm On May 27, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Not all of them are residents there.
Some are ;
Students on short courses
Women that went to put to bed
Students that have finished school and going back home
Tourist and travellers that simply went on holidays
Researchers etc.
They are stranded and run out of cash to continue staying there and maybe have no homes there.
Okay
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by being(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2020
What if the Nigerian contracts the virus within the last days after testing? Very simple stuff, they make it rocket science.
Fly them to Nigeria, test them at the airport- if they are negative, release them into the society if not quarantine them!!
If money is a problem, ask everybody interested to pay testing& quarantine fees. Refund quarantine amount to those not to be quarantined!!!
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by ugbanante: 11:02pm On May 27, 2020
Politics and politicians...
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by PropertyBuying(f): 12:10am On May 28, 2020
inoki247:
Make dem follow ship naw afterall Cargo still dey enta d country shocked shocked
Lol
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by 0taPiaPia(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2020
Pavore9:
"He said with the new policy evacuees will have to be tested at most nine days before their flight take off".....So if am to arrive Nigeria next Wednesday and as of today being Wednesday my test reads negative then between now and departure date I get exposed to the virus, so it means on arrival I will just head home?

Sense will not kill you. grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by frozen70(f): 2:45am On May 28, 2020
Wolgrace:
If you don't have the national interest and zeal to evacuate them, kindly open the airport.. Let them fly in from personal purse as usual.

Lets go back to business, no time...

The evaluation is not free they have been the one paying for their flights and other things

I don't know why government is acting as if they are the sponsors
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by AreaFada2: 3:15am On May 28, 2020
Pavore9:

You will still give a sample on arrival in Nigeria. But you will not be quarantined from the airport. Instead they "seize" your passport and ask you to go home and self-isolate until result is ready. If positive you will then be taken from your home to NCDC centre to isolate and possibly treat if necessary.

Sha, as we like gra-gra stuff, don't be surprised if NCDC people in HAZMAT suits suddenly storm your house like a SWAT team. Then dramatically drag your from your house. Without any prior notice of the result. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Drigby2: 4:57am On May 28, 2020
SeriouslySense:
okay
Guy, no dey say ok and post dis picture upandan na.
You must not comment
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 28, 2020
frozen70:

The evaluation is not free they have been the one paying for their flights and other things

I don't know why government is acting as if they are the sponsors

I think the fare is subsidized, they pay half and FG fix the rest. However, it would be much easier if they book their own flight from personal purse after getting health clearance paper without any hassles, and arrive safely without going through rigourous process here. Our system is just a like a mecho man who panel beats a damaged car.

Just open the airport, let them get tested in their host countries with approved clearance paper, since those on board will all be virus free, and arrive safely without quarantine order. Simple stuffs
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by Billygee2u: 4:04pm On May 28, 2020
PureGoldh:
FG and their unstable nature

It's now that some people know the reason why they didn't close the country's boarders on time...So that they can cashout ontop dx CoronaVirus matter
Re: FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians by frozen70(f): 5:31pm On May 28, 2020
Wolgrace:

I think the fare is subsidized, they pay half and FG fix the rest. However, it would be much easier if they book their own flight from personal purse after getting health clearance paper without any hassles, and arrive safely without going through rigourous process here. Our system is just a like a mecho man who panel beats a damaged car.

Just open the airport, let them get tested in their host countries with approved clearance paper, since those on board will all be virus free, and arrive safely without quarantine order. Simple stuffs

Exactly ❗

(1) (2) (Reply)

Otunba Asoludero Of Iselu: Rochas Okorocha Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ogun State / Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ / Ahead Of NEC Meeting, PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.