Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano (25009 Views)

COVID-19: Northern Governors Insist On Banning Almajiri System / Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education / No Immediate Plan To Ban Almajiri System — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by OJEEMAH(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2020
Wonderful! they are finally going back to GEJ plan.
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by emecheboy2(m): 11:45am On May 28, 2020
Audio abolishment
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by sesameq: 1:28pm On May 28, 2020
lip service as usual
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by MrBONE2(m): 3:43pm On May 28, 2020
lastempero:
Let's see how you people are going to win elections in naija again.

Election will still be won in Nigeria using BabaRigas and Burlion Vans grin

Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by goldensmiles: 5:54pm On May 28, 2020
A welcome development.......these children will not allow people rest on the street
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by Tonitoniton(m): 6:24pm On May 28, 2020
but, one of their politicians told us early this year that amajiri is their heritage. what is happening to that heritage oooo?
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by precious1967(m): 6:25pm On May 28, 2020
sweet talk. who are you going to use as thugs in the next election?
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by thinker101(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2020
Nice one. Other northern states should be sensible & follow suit
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by eventsinmotion: 8:23pm On May 28, 2020
Ganduje pls continue, after all Masari Gov. of katsina state said almajiris are islamic scholars
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by MoIbrahim: 9:20pm On May 28, 2020
danduchi:
hehehehehe.. Sure
Oh, which time you wake up na?
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 28, 2020
brightdestiny96:

Has that been the case? This here is an inconclusive comment.

The "case" must be peculiar over the country.
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 28, 2020
govomotors:
In 2014, President Jonathan said Nigerian will praise me after I leave office.

You will always be praise for generation to come when we face crisis/challenge in this country.

Covid-19: We praised you on how you were able to manage and control Ebola.

Almajaris: You deserve our praises for your vision of a better future for the almajaris.

While in office the Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan said there were 10million of almajaris children roaming the streets of mostly Northern cities. How can a society develop without guaranteeing right to education to all its children?

Between December 2010 and May 2015, the Goodluck Jonathan administration embarked on the Almajiri Education Programme which saw to the construction and equipment of 157 Tsangaya (Almajiri) Model Schools across Nigeria.

Visitor to some of the sites of the schools in North Western Nigeria today reported the deterioration of facilities and abandonment of the programme.

March 2020, the Senate is seeking the revival of Almajiri schools built by former President Goodluck Jonathan, just as it said there is need to integrate Almajiri education into modern educational system in the country.

In 2016, Kano state Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, has criticised the Almajiri school policy by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said the state government plans to integrate the almajiris into normal schools system to avoid stigmatisation of Almajiri school graduates later in future.

Governor Dr. Ganduja what happened to you promise/plan since 2016? Atleast, you would have done something about the almajilari school system since 2016 or is this another audio statement?

Let's leave party politics and always show gratitude/appreciation to others after election for their vision and development.

Here is what gratitude means, look at the two picture. Political party A provided food for Political part B.

On paper was 157 but only about 5 were built if I am not mistaken. Just like Most projects in Nigeria, the money was squandered.
I will snap the 5 and post before August ending and anyone having the remaining 152 can do same with the addresses.
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On May 29, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

The Government explained that if an Almajiri system would be allowed in Kano, there are guidelines which if followed they will allow for it to continue.
The guidelines according to the Governor include having a curriculum that tallies with a formal school system, there must be a provision for Almajiri in terms of their full shelter, foods, clothing and all other necessary livelihoods.
Ganduje added that if Almajiri system will continue, there must be qualified teachers who will be certified by the government through test and examinations.
“If these guidelines are strictly followed and abide by, then we will allow the system to fully operate in Kano,” Ganduje assured.
@OP, which kin yeye topic be this one? According to the article, the man never even abolish the system as im still dey if... if... all over the place. So wetin be the story here? E don abolish am, abi im never abolish am?
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On May 29, 2020
Xposed2020:
On paper was 157 but only about 5 were built if I am not mistaken. Just like Most projects in Nigeria, the money was squandered.
I will snap the 5 and post before August ending and anyone having the remaining 152 can do same with the addresses.
The man only built those 5 things? Since im chop the rest, I know no wetin I go talk again. lipsrsealed
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by AwkaFinest: 1:49pm On May 29, 2020
Long overdue.
Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by govomotors: 3:33pm On May 29, 2020
ok
Xposed2020:

Re: Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano by emipan(f): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
goldensmiles:
A welcome development.......these children will not allow people rest on the street

Sir, I'm the one you tried to send PM. Please you can contact me directly on this number: 0817 289 7004

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick / God Helped Me To Defeat Amaechi - Jang / Video: PDP Youth Leader, Others Storms Dino's Residence In Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.