Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich (9425 Views)

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Art Exhibition Comparing Blacks To Animals In China (video) / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Fidelismaria: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020

"In this life, you must not be liked but be respected and respect is earned by proffering value".

Truer words were never spoken

very detailed piece, worth the read

if racism is to be reduced ,the predominant black race have to fight for it,not through hastags on Twitter or mass protests on streets but powerful economic policies

3 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Fidelismaria: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
ednut1:
well blacks everywhere dont have what it takes

Any African nation that doesn't play ball with the west they Bleep them up

Black nations do not have what it takes to be like the Chinese. Simple fact.

Kindly explain the bolded, italicized and coloured paragraphs, a lot of people throw these words around and am yet to understand it.

why don't we have what it takes?

Why don't blacks have what it takes to be like the Chinese?

In what way will the western countries Bleep up black nations if they don't play ball?

I know these questions sound naive but kindly help me understand your comments.

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 23, 2021
Gerrard59:
Cont'd:

Still on China, the famous Yasukuni Shrine is always visited by Japanese leaders who go to honour the dead during the world war but these visits always get the Chinese and South Koreans angry due to the history behind it. It got worse in 2012/13 and Chinese consumers stopped buying or started destroying Japanese products. Nobody told Shinzo Abe, the Japanese prime minister, to stop visiting the shrine ever since. After all, China eclipsed the US to become Japan’s biggest trading partner. You don’t want to get your biggest customer angry. It takes wealth to be Japan’s biggest trading partner.

When I was in the university, the dude who graduated as the best graduating student was respected by everyone even though some people never liked him (don’t expect everyone to like you, it is an aberration). But because it was in an academic environment, everyone accorded him respect and he earned such by being academically brilliant. The saying then was: either be rich, brilliant or handsome as a male student, if not no one will look your face. In the real world, wealth matters and to be wealthy, one needs to proffer value and in return, the person gets paid for it. During the civil war that engulfed the country where more than three million Igbos were killed and compensated with 20 pounds even if the person lost 1000 pounds because of the war. Instead of lamenting and whining, these people embraced capitalism and rebuilt themselves to be formidable. So formidable that today, a child from Abia has to score very high to gain admission into federal schools whereas other places have theirs at low scores even though they never suffered similar casualties. This was similar to the Japanese who faced an onslaught from the Americans during the world war but have more than 30K students studying there with an extremely low visa refusal rate compared to Nigerians who are likely to be denied visa by as much as 80% to study in Canada https://qz.com/africa/1708714/canada-rejects-most-african-student-visa-applicants/ When I visited Ladipo earlier this year, I was stunned yet impressed by what individuals were doing and they own in their lives. I met a man whose children attend one of Lagos most expensive private schools yet this man did not attend a university or when I visited Balogun market and saw mature women who were not “tertiary educated” but own successful businesses. No matter which institution you got your PhD or MBA from, you will respect these individuals for what they have done for themselves economically. You don’t have to like them; they can be ugly or disfigured or just whatever but hey, they are rich and you have to respect them. No one disrespects a rich person.

Now, someone will say Oprah Winfrey visited a luxury store in Switzerland and the sales staff refused to hand the bag priced at 38K dollars even after Oprah asked thrice to touch the bag https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/08/10/210574193/why-didnt-the-store-just-let-oprah-buy-the-38-000-handbag . Let it be noted that Oprah Winfrey is a black individual not the black race of more a billion people. Same way Botswana being visa free to the UK does not mean all black dominated countries are visa free to developed countries. Heck, Batswanaians need to get a visa to the US and other Asian nations even though it has one of the highest GDP per capita in Africa but because she has two million black people not a BILLION, these people are regarded as poor. And this is because the vast vast majority of black dominated countries are poor. No one disrespects a rich person.

Statistically, African Americans are the richest set of black people globally. However, they don’t constitute the most populated set of black people, Sub-Saharan Africans do. This applies to blacks in Europe, South America, Asia, Oceania and elsewhere. No matter how rich black people are in those places, provided their cousins who constitute the majority are poor, they too are poor. What a rich black race with SSA at its fore looks like is: African Americans/other black people relocating in droves if they get sick and tired of everything in their environment. Unfortunately, they cannot because where they are: is richer, has greater economic opportunities and resources than where their cousins reside. This relocation occurred when Chinese Malaysians were discriminated, most left to Singapore which is Chinese dominated and they did so because Singapore is rich. Funny enough, when a country is rich, her delicacies become everyone’s favourite irrespective of its look (ugly or nice) or taste (unsavoury or delicious). It is why Sashimi, a dish characterised of raw seafood is popular across the world and command expensive rates for its serving yet Bole (Port-Harcourt styled) isn’t popular or why Chinese is everyone’s favourite language to learn yet Yoruba isn’t.

What happens to black people across the world is disheartening but it is not the first time a particular race will be discriminated or mocked. The answer is not by protesting or demanding respect (newsflash: respect is earned not dashed (gifted)). We need to earn respect and the only way is by being rich as no one, absolutely no one, disrespects a rich person. It behoves on black people to embrace capitalism and make the dominant black environment (Africa) to be rich. I'm amused when I read tweets and posts from black people who lampoon capitalism. That's the only way to get rich and not to be disrespected by others. Extrapolate that to a rich race, no one dares such. On a final note, this is a snippet from Remi Adekoya:

Imagine a world in which two out of the five largest economies were in Africa. A world in which when Africa sneezed, the rest of the globe caught a cold. A world in which markets breathlessly responded to developments in Nigeria or South Africa’s economy because that had global consequences. It would be a world in which Africa was unignorable. Because no one can ignore the relevant. Relevance today means economic relevance. That is why Africa’s focus this century must be on becoming rich by any means necessary. Anything else is a distraction.

Only then will black lives matter

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/03/23/when-a-virus-strikes-africa-we-barely-notice/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
We should replace this with every Africa national Anthem, thanks for sharing it has been a while I got stunted, angry and motivated as the same time; I kept saying wow under my breath.

3 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Gerrard59(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2021
CamusMidas:

We should replace this with every Africa national Anthem, thanks for sharing it has been a while I got stunted, angry and motivated as the same time; I kept saying wow under my breath.

My pleasure.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/why-black-people-must-help-africa-develop-racism-pan-africanism/

The above is another article (older than mine) which says the same thing. Written by who is nicknamed the "next Chinua Achebe".

2 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
Gerrard59:

My pleasure.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/why-black-people-must-help-africa-develop-racism-pan-africanism/

The above is another article (older than mine) which says the same thing. Written by who is nicknamed the "next Chinua Achebe".
Excellent article, it was a refreshing read; yours just raw and it was necessary.

It is necessary that we identify ourselves with our skin colour but the major issue I have for starter is that we are talking about grand level of corporation to actualise that.

There is little unity among the major languages in Nigeria, within a state there are many minority tribe that the other major tribes discount in important decision making. I believe we are practicing, "let's make our tribe" here in Nigeria. Where is the unity.

I am from a minority tribe in Nigeria, how do you think that's going on for us? Is it when I manage to find small bread that I will start thinking about the greater? Fvck no, I would like to take care of my immediate family before having a grand plan.

I see unity as a major factor to foster the continent forward trajectory. The major factor I dislike about the country is Nepotism, why should I bother when I know you prefer that you dumbass relative take up the position than giving it to the competent hands, and even if I get in; he will receive all the accolades and promotions while I do the major work. Out of the few that sprung to great heights, thousands were submerged as a coil in the wheel due to nepotism and corruption.

How can we unit as Africans should be the biggest concern, if we don't know why we are to get rich how can we focus our mind. And the slay queen's waiting to take your money.

Hope yours was published?

2 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Gerrard59(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
CamusMidas:

Excellent article, it was a refreshing read; yours just raw and it was necessary.

It is necessary that we identify ourselves with our skin colour but the major issue I have for starter is that we are talking about grand level of corporation to actualise that.

There is little unity among the major languages in Nigeria, within a state there are many minority tribe that the other major tribes discount in important decision making. I believe we are practicing, "let's make our tribe" here in Nigeria. Where is the unity.

I am from a minority tribe in Nigeria, how do you think that's going on for us? Is it when I manage to find small bread that I will start thinking about the greater? Fvck no, I would like to take care of my immediate family before having a grand plan.

I see unity as a major factor to foster the continent forward trajectory. The major factor I dislike about the country is Nepotism, why should I bother when I know you prefer that you dumbass relative take up the position than giving it to the competent hands, and even if I get in; he will receive all the accolades and promotions while I do the major work. Out of the few that sprung to great heights, thousands were submerged as a coil in the wheel due to nepotism and corruption.

How can we unit as Africans should be the biggest concern, if we don't know why we are to get rich how can we focus our mind. And the slay queen's waiting to take your money.

Hope yours was published?

I do agree that the major ethnic groups have to lead the way esp in economic development and political stability while at the same time ensuring fairness or semblance of it for minority groups. By doing this, the wider society gets to develop and everyone benefits. China does same regarding the Han ethnic group as the majority (fairness is a topic for another day). Singapore does this better where the Chinese majority developed the country and minority groups like Malay and Tamil/Indian enjoy a functioning society. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening here due to constant quarrels and deep mistrust between Igbos and Yorubas - two major ethnic groups that can propel a significant change in the society. The Hausa-Fulani cannot do it, it's that factual. Nothing good can come out from Northern Nigeria as it's. There are way more poor people there than Chad and Niger combined. More out-of-school children than the whole of Liberia. Their elites are way stoopid and baboonic than those in the south. When elites support terrorists and religious warfare destroying their region, it tells a lot on the IQ of those elites.

For the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa, we just need to enact favourable trading policies (trade amongst ourselves) to stimulate economic growth because we're way behind the rest of the world. We might not like ourselves (just like Japanese don't necessarily like South Koreans) but we've to do more seamless trade amongst ourselves. Europeans killed themselves more than Africans do yet the EU is a major trading bloc. Economics not emotions.

Also, as men, it behoves on us to develop our societies because all over the world, it's men not women who built functioning societies. Again, the issue lies in political will and the strive for self dignity.

Sorry, I cannot publish this elsewhere because certain words or phrases will be censored. When I have my website, I'll do so so that I can state things the way they are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Gerrard59(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
The UK has instituted strict and very expensive quarantine measures for Africans entering the country. Canada nko? She doesn't recognise Covid-19 tests performed in Sub-Saharan Africa and insist travellers must be tested while in transit in another country.

The result? Y'all are chanting rAcIsM. Remember when I told you people that the only way racial discrimination against blacks can be reduced (not eradicated) is when the vast majority of black dominated countries are rich.

Justwise, in front page we trust? wink

2 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by babasolution: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2021
Gerrard59:
The UK has instituted strict and very expensive quarantine measures for Africans entering the country. Canada nko? She doesn't recognise Covid-19 tests performed in Sub-Saharan Africa and insist travellers must be tested while in transit in another country.

The result? Y'all are chanting rAcIsM. Remember when I told you people that the only way racial discrimination against blacks can be reduced (not eradicated) is when the vast majority of black dominated countries are rich.

Justwise, in front page we trust? wink

Nigerians are stupid,the black race is stupid
Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Hilariousthiago(m): 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
I enjoyed reading through this thread. More knowledge OP.

1 Like

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by seguno2: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
babasolution:
Nigerians are stupid,the black race is stupid

So what can we do to stop being stupid
Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by babasolution: 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
seguno2:

So what can we do to stop being stupid
Simply do what is right,if it doesn't seem right,it's stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by seguno2: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
babasolution:

Simply do what is right,if it doesn't seem right,it's stupid

How about teaching everyone around us and beyond why we should do right, so that it’s easier for us to do it

2 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by lymelyte(m): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
Financial Literacy comes to mind.. The black race need to add this to its curricular right from high school..

2 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Gerrard59:
Recently, three incidents which had black people as their victims have occurred in the US and the news with the aid of technology and social media has reverberated across the world. Solidarity marches, rallies, protests, tweets and posts have been done in support of these individuals. One of the perpetrators even lost her job at a financial firm. Well, people term it racism which is a form of discrimination and these acts are condemnable. However, they are not new and neither would they reduce drastically if the black race remains poor. Yes, the premise of my argument is that black people are being racially discriminated across the world (Brazil, Libya, UAE, Germany, China etc.) because we are poor.

Discrimination is a human nature and people do this daily knowingly or unknowingly and one thing which characterises these acts are because those discriminated are thought of people who offer less value (i.e. don’t contribute as others). This nature of racial discrimination did not start today but it can be challenged only if those discriminated offer more value (i.e. contribute more than others) to the society. Today, it is blacks who are being discriminated however; the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indians etc. have been discriminated for many years. Those days, Europeans saw Japanese as yellow monkeys but today the EU was elated when she signed a trade agreement with Japan. Trade deals aren’t signed with poor people. Today, the EU – leaders, business community, residents etc. – can never utter such towards the Japanese even if they don’t like the Japanese. What does this mean? When a race is rich, no one disrespects a member of that race anywhere in the world. To buttress this further, I mean, no one disrespects a rich person. This is explained below:

In the early to mid-20th century, the Japanese were mocked endlessly in the United States by all and sundry. To an extent this continued that it almost became criminal to be Japanese in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Japanese_sentiment. However, the fortunes of the Japanese have increased spontaneously and no one dares to do same. Japan has the strongest passport – they can travel to over 180 countries visa free. Visa free statuses aren’t given to poor people. Check the strongest passports, they have one thing in common – those countries have strong GDPs, GDPs per capita and because they are rich, they are most likely to return to their home countries. Even if they don’t return, they don’t constitute a nuisance in the visiting country because they are rich.

The same for the Japanese applies to South Koreans, they were discriminated and insulted but no one does same today because they are rich.
Most recent example of this is the Chinese. Prior to their wealth, Mainland Chinese were one of the poorest people globally. Even though their cousins in Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau and Malaysia were doing well economically, Chinese esp the Han Chinese (the majority ethnic group in Mainland China) were poor, as in, very poor. They were despised, mocked, insulted and had discriminatory statements thrown against them. However, as they are rich, no one dares insult China or a group of Chinese anywhere solely because they are rich. Cathay Pacific Airlines’ CEO and Chairman resigned when the Mainland government criticised the company for having let two of her pilots to participate in Pro-Hong Kong protests. Meanwhile, before both men stepped down, those pilots were sacked. This is because China is the company’s biggest market and no company dares to go against what the customer personally supports or likes. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/16/cathay-pacific-airways-ceo-hogg-resigns-board-notes-hong-kong-protests.html What about the incident between the luxury fashion company D&G and China? The company was accused of insulting Chinese culture and they retaliated by not buying her products anymore and even forced the closure of her stores in China. Chinese travellers went on social media vowing to stop visiting her stores in Milan and elsewhere in Europe. What did D&G founders do? They apologised and even spoke Chinese Mandarin during their apology https://www.scmp.com/comment/letters/article/2175377/chinese-send-clear-message-dg-insult-our-culture-pay-price This should not be surprising after all Chinese constitute half of the world’s luxury shoppers. HALF! Not 20% or 45% but 50%. What this means is: you have two pairs each of Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, Rolex, Patek Phillip and Gucci goods; a Chinese buys half of them. There is no way you would disrespects such a person even if you hate the person, you will accord respect to the individual https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/china/how-young-chinese-consumers-are-reshaping-global-luxury. What about in higher education? The Chinese are one of the few nationalities who pay cash as school fees in the UK, US, New Zealand, Canada, Australia etc. and through this the higher education industry stays afloat effortlessly in those countries. It takes a rich person to fork out 30K euros, Aussie/Canadian dollars, US dollars and pounds consistently as fees and any sort of maltreatment towards these people is met with outright withdrawal. The Australians are currently facing this problem as the government in Canberra accuses Beijing of fermenting troubles in their universities. Beijing retaliates by telling students not to go to Australia again for studies.

Meanwhile, the HE industry chiefs are pleading with Canberra to be very diplomatic because the HE industry is a top four export for Australia. These would not happen if China was not rich because with wealth comes power. They don’t go about hustling scholarships like we do, they pay cash and move into classes in some of the best universities not we that plead for IELTS waiver (even rich Singaporeans write the exam) or demand that GRE should be outlawed. Heck, they even have a prestigious scholarship by a billionaire to study in one of her best universities https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzman_Scholars How many foreign billionaires have instituted a scholarship program for foreigners and even Africans to study in any African university? The Covid-19 pandemic has negatively affected everyone’s lives across the globe and this virus which originated from China has also affected black people beyond just being sick or dead. In China, blacks were maltreated by officials yet Chinese were not accorded the same disrespect in Italy. Why? The Italians know the enormous value the Chinese contribute to their society and the repercussions which would follow should they maltreat them for introducing the virus into Italy. Does this mean blacks in China don’t contribute to Chinese society? No, but at the same value as the Chinese do in Italy? No. China has invested in Italy more than any black dominated country has done in China. Heck, the Chinese own a historic Italian brand as Pirelli https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pirelli-ipo/chemchina-gave-up-pirelli-control-to-show-its-market-friendly-face-pirelli-ceo-idUSKCN1BT0YB
https://qz.com/280247/china-is-buying-up-italy-one-company-at-a-time/

For racism against us to reduce we new generations of black men need to take better control of ourselves. We need to build a stable first world country in Africa if we want to be accorded with respect world wide. The constant corruption plaguing our countries also needs to be reduced.

The ball is in the courts of we newer generation of Black men to build stable countries for our Women and children to enjoy so we won’t be migrating to European countries in droves and be discriminated against.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by babasolution: 2:06am On Dec 27, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

For racism against us to reduce we new generations of black men need to take better control of ourselves. We need to build a stable first world country in Africa if we want to be accorded with respect world wide. The constant corruption plaguing our countries also needs to be reduced.

The ball is in the courts of we newer generation of Black men to build stable countries for our Women and children to enjoy so we won’t be migrating to European countries in droves and be discriminated against.

Excellent, very very true,this is the total solution
Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Gerrard59(m): 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
The Chinese instructed her citizens to wave the Chinese flag and Ukrainian authorities would not harm them. You had no Singaporean or Japanese or South Korean students in Ukrainian universities simply because those countries have better universities than Ukraine does. No Singaporean goes to study Medicine in Ukraine, none whatsoever! If it is not the UK, US, Germany, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand or Japan, s/he rather stay home.

When they say "women and children", they mean white women and children, not black women and black children o. Countries abut to Ukraine will consider Ukrainians first due to historical relations, the colour of the skin, language and ultimately because they are of the same race. No Hungarian will offer succour to a black person before a Ukrainian. Black people should understand that humans are naturally discriminatory (on the basis of blood relationship, skin colour, language and ethnic affiliation) and will always support/protect their kinds before others in times of tribulations.

Lastly, the belief that everyone will like or respect you simply because you are a human being is a Big Fat Lie! It does not exist in real life and I am glad it is showing itself. The only way other people will respect you is based on the value you proffer not because you are a human being.

Yes, it sucks and unfair but life itself is unfair. Know this and have peace.

1 Like

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Raalsalghul: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
The Chinese instructed her citizens to wave the Chinese flag and Ukrainian authorities would not harm them. You had no Singaporean or Japanese or South Korean students in Ukrainian universities simply because those countries have better universities than Ukraine does. No Singaporean goes to study Medicine in Ukraine, none whatsoever! If it is not the UK, US, Germany, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand or Japan, s/he rather stay home.

When they say "women and children", they mean white women and children, not black women and black children o. Countries abut to Ukraine will consider Ukrainians first due to historical relations, the colour of the skin, language and ultimately because they are of the same race. No Hungarian will offer succour to a black person before a Ukrainian. Black people should understand that humans are naturally discriminatory (on the basis of blood relationship, skin colour, language and ethnic affiliation) and will always support/protect their kinds before others in times of tribulations.

Lastly, the belief that everyone will like or respect you simply because you are a human being is a Big Fat Lie! It does not exist in real life and I am glad it is showing itself. The only way other people will respect you is based on the value you proffer not because you are a human being.

Yes, it sucks and unfair but life itself is unfair. Know this and have peace.

It sucks though but everything you have written is the truth.
Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by CaveAdullam: 1:54pm On Mar 23
Gerrard59!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I stood up. I walked around. I ate. I was lost in thought. I was angry. I was making points. I was also arguing virtually. I wanted to slap some people. I lay down to grasp the points. I hissed. I sighed. I felt pity for my continents. I felt pity for my people.

Who will help the Black man? Because he is doomed.

Wonderful thread indeed.

Kudos, man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by pansophist(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23
Most importantly, technological advancement must go with being good to each other as a people, otherwise, we would end up like the technologically advanced US where the proceeds are in the hands of a tiny percentage, and have tens of millions of very poor people, and millions of homeless.

Any nation divided among itself will crumble. Unity will take us far, but division and separation will destroy us. The strong cooperate, but the weak compete.

8 Likes

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by pansophist(m): 2:33pm On Mar 23
CaveAdullam:
Gerrard59!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I stood up. I walked around. I ate. I was lost in thought. I was angry. I was making points. I was also arguing virtually. I wanted to slap some people. I lay down to grasp the points. I hissed. I sighed. I felt pity for my continents. I felt pity for my people.

Who will help the Black man? Because he is doomed.

Wonderful thread indeed.

Kudos, man.

The black man will help the black man. No one walks far with other's legs. But it starts with leadership

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by CaveAdullam: 2:45pm On Mar 23
pansophist:

The black man will help the black man. No one walks far with other's legs. But it starts with leadership

I stated it here a few minutes ago: https://www.nairaland.com/8038825/nigeria-really-develop-grow-need#129064225

Well done, big chief.

Happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich by Konquest: 3:39pm On Mar 23
salford1:
In my opinion, wealth (individual or collective) can bring respect but not eradicate racism. It will reduce racism to an extent. Asians and Indians also get discriminated against but not at the level of Africans.

The slave trade, Jim Crow, apartheid era e.t.c. severely reduced the worth of a black person. Coupled with the ongoing corruption and malnutrition in Africa.
Succinctly stated!
You spoke my mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Use Your Mother Tongue In All Social Gatherings – Ohanaeze Tells Ndigbo / Le Cercle Francais De Nairaland! / Should Africa Reclaim Its Stolen Treasures? - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.