Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74180 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2012
[size=13pt]The LORD's Words for Today

Word of the LORD:
“It will be just as the days of Noah and Lot…”
(Words given by the LORD to Susan, May 28, 2012)
Daughter, Let us then begin:
These Words are from GOD, the FATHER:
Children, I am your FATHER. I come to you with serious Words. There is a time when MY SON’s Blood will not be so easy to access. HIS Name will not roll off the tongue of many—the people will shun HIM. It will not be popular at all to call yourself a “Christian.” It will, in fact, be dangerous.
Christians, after MY church is removed, will go underground. Everything I stand for will be rejected by mankind. MY Words will be rejected, MY Truth, MY Righteousness. Even now this spirit is rising, the spirit of antichrist.
You must prepare yourselves children for MY SON’s Return to earth, to collect HIS bride. Their betrothal is at the door. Soon this event is about to take place.
Children, prepare to be lifted out to safety as your LORD’s Coming is soon. You know it is coming. Those watching will not be caught unawares. Those looking the other way will be left because their hearts are unprepared; they lust for the world, and continue to seek it for answers just as Lot’s wife looked back to her demise.
There is nothing but death and destruction when you look to the world. The world only represents the traditions of men and the views formulated by MY enemy. This is the source of the thinking of the world. The world is an enmity to ME. Do not pant after her as if she holds all your answers. She holds only death. Instead, press into your MAKER. Come to ME in humble submission. Lay your life at MY SON’s Feet. HE alone holds the key to your salvation. Without HIS Blood Sacrifice on a hard cross, you could not stand before ME in the next life.
Your life of sin will cast you away from ME for all eternity except for the Blood-bought ransom MY SON paid dearly for. Receive it and live, live abundantly in an eternal abode with your GOD, your MAKER, CREATOR. Abundance is yours if you accept freely the gift of your SAVIOR, your KING, MY SON. There is no other way. I will not receive you without HIS Blood Covering. You can only receive this Blood Covering through repentance of a lifetime of sin and through total submission to MY SON as your LORD and MASTER. This is how you will receive access to MY Heavenlies. There is no other way!
Don’t be deceived, others will tell you different as deception is running high. There is only ONE PATH, ONE NARROW PATH. It is through MY SON’s Gracious Gift that you receive everlasting life in MY Kingdom.
Time is running out for you to make this decision and to prepare your garments through the washing of MY Word. Only through the filling of MY SPIRIT are you ready when MY SON comes for HIS bride.
Children, MY Love is Great, but only a few children will leave with MY SON as only a few are really watching, waiting, and ready. Read MY Word. This is made clear in MY Word. It will be just as the days of Noah and Lot. So be on guard, vigilant, and watching for this event will come like a thief in the night and many will be caught unawares.
And when I remove MY Great Light from the earth, darkness will pour out like never before. Be ready, as the hour is coming for the bride to come up hither.
FATHER of all
MAKER of all
LORD…MASTER…GOD…CREATOR[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scripture:
Luke 12:53 (KJV): The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
1 John 2:18 (KJV): Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
Luke 17:26-32 (KJV): 26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the SON of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the SON of man is revealed. 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife.
James 4:4 (KJV): Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with GOD? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of GOD.
John 14:6 (KJV): JESUS saith unto him, I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no man cometh unto the FATHER, but by ME.
Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Ephesians 5:25-27 (KJV): 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as CHRIST also loved the church, and gave HIMSELF for it; 26 That HE might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word, 27 That HE might present it to HIMSELF a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 (KJV): For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the LORD so cometh as a thief in the night.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
Secret Faults vs. Presumptuous Sins
June 3, 2012

"Cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression" (Psalm 19:12-13)

David, the author of this majestic psalm of praise to God for His revelation of Himself and His nature to man, voices his own frustration at his inability to mold his life totally in accordance with God's revealed plan. He recognises and asks for God's forgiveness for his failure to measure up, and asks for strength to avoid habitual sin patterns and willful rejection of God's way.

God had already made a careful distinction between these types of sins. "The priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. . . . But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously . . . the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him" (Numbers 15:28, 30-31).

Paul also recognised such a difference. Keep in mind that all sin is abhorrent to God and must be repented of, resulting, of course, in His forgiveness. But Paul claimed that even his blasphemous, murderous persecution of the church was done "ignorantly in unbelief" (1 Timothy 1:13). His plea of ignorance did not excuse his guilt, but through it he "obtained mercy" (v. 13) and "grace" (v. 14).

This is a "pattern to |us| which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (v. 16). Let us not be guilty of willful, presumptuous sin, but on these occasions when we do fall, we can be thankful that our "longsuffering" (v. 16) Saviour still affords us such mercy. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2012

Word of the LORD:

“The hour for MY Return to pull MY bride to safety comes and no man can stop it.”
(Words given by the LORD to Susan, May 31, 2012)
Yes, MY children, it is I, your LORD:
These Words are true. I am a GOD WHO you can trust. I am a GOD you can believe in. I am everlasting: from Glory to Glory.
MY Kingdom never ends. I am victorious over MY enemies. I shower those who love ME with MY Love. There is no shadow of turning in WHO I am. MY Truth is everlasting. I am the Great “I AM.”
MY Word never stops. There is no end in sight of the good I do. Do you want to be part of MY Everlasting Kingdom? You can be. I am a GOD WHO is true to HIS Word. I am an EVERLASTING BEACON of Truth.
You can be with ME for eternity or you can be with MY enemy in everlasting hell. These are your choices. There are but two. Although it would seem there are many options, there are but two choices. Most, sadly, settle for less and hell is their destination. Is this your choice?
This is your purpose for living: to choose “for” or “against” GOD, to determine your final destination—either to MY Kingdom or MY enemy’s for all eternity. What direction do you choose to move in? Will you come out with ME to everlasting love, hope, security in this life and the next or will you make your final destination in the deepest pits of hell? If you reject MY Truth, you will send yourself to hell. I cannot lie to you, reject ME and your punishment will be eternal.
How can you avoid this? Submit your life over to ME—your LORD and SAVIOR. MY Name is YEHUSHUA—SAVIOR—MESSIAH. I died in your place to rescue you from your sins, to cover you in MY Blood, to ransom you from death and destruction and the grip of MY enemy. He wants your life too. He means to destroy you and separate us for eternity. You do not need to end your life this way. You can come with ME to MY Eternal Kingdom and share in MY Eternal Inheritance.
All I have is yours if you follow ME. Come to ME; turn your life over to ME fully without regret. Repent of your lifetime of sin and let ME prepare you by giving you new eyes to see MY Truth by filling you completely with MY SPIRIT. HE will come into your life and fill you with HIS SPIRIT, indwelling your spirit; HIS Truth consuming you; renewing your mind to refresh you; make you complete, whole, to take away the devastation of past sins; and to move you to fullness of Life. This is the promise I make for submitting to MY Will: Life everlasting; wholeness of heart; hope eternal; Love supreme. All this is yours for the asking…for the taking.
Submit yourself to MY Will, leave MY enemy’s will behind—your self will and be refreshed, relieved of sorrow, pain, and the way of evil that consumes you. This is not MY Way. I come to bring you Life everlasting: so few ever come to know the fullness of MY SPIRIT, to walk fully in MY Truth, MY Will. Too many settle for portions of Truth and give themselves to MY enemy: so few experience the depths of MY Love and walk in the fullness of MY Peace and Calm that passes all understanding.
This is yours even now if you want it. Lay down your life. Give it to ME. Let ME make you into a new person—the person I meant you to be—full of MY SPIRIT and Truth, complete through MY Love, refreshed and walking in MY Will. I created you. MY Will for your life can be yours. Submit your life back to ME and let ME take possession of your soul. What does it all mean if a man gains the whole world but loses HIS soul?
This is the hour of decision, great decision. Who will you go with? Will you go with MY enemy to ultimate destruction or with ME to everlasting peace, love, and life? The choice is yours to make. I can only hold out MY Hand and offer you this choice. Choose this day, who you will serve—a man cannot serve two masters.
Your CREATOR awaits your choice. If you choose against ME, I will depart from you for eternity. Be careful how you choose. Be sober-minded and clear-thinking as your time is limited for making this choice. The hour for MY Return to pull MY bride to safety comes and no man can stop it. Be ready to come with ME when I come for MY bride, MY true church.
Are you ready? Many will be surprised when they find themselves left. There will be much sorrow and weeping for those who choose for the world in these, the final hours. MY Warnings are many: only those who refuse to watch cannot see the signs I am putting forth. Don’t be blinded and deceived by the world. She will lead you astray and catch you in a web of deception. Very few are free from this web already. Very few have freed themselves to follow ME fully.
Let ME free you from this world that is falling into chaos and darkness. Your GOD is mighty to save. Come before it is too late. I am giving you Pleadings and Warnings. Come to your senses. Step into MY Light and be saved by MY Truth, MY Word, MY SPIRIT, MY Blood, MY Name. Salvation and Life can be yours. Claim it!
This is your Everlasting LORD
Eternal GOD
“I AM”

[b]
Coordinating Scripture:
2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV): But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the LORD, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the SPIRIT of the LORD.
James 1:17 (KJV): Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the FATHER of Lights, with WHOM is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Psalm 106:48 (KJV): Blessed be the LORD GOD of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.
Daniel 7:14 (KJV): And there was given HIM dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve HIM: HIS dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and HIS Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
Mark 3:29 (KJV): But he that shall blaspheme against the HOLY GHOST hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Colossians 3:24 (KJV): Knowing that of the LORD ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the LORD CHRIST.
Revelation 21:7 (KJV): He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his GOD, and he shall be MY son.
Matthew 16:26 (KJV): For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Joshua 24:15 (KJV): And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Matthew 6:24 (KJV): No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon.
John 1:17 (KJV): For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by JESUS CHRIST.
Ephesians 5:25-26 (KJV): 25Husbands, love your wives, even as CHRIST also loved the church, and gave HIMSELF for it; 26 that HE might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word,
Revelation 1:5 (KJV): And from JESUS CHRIST, WHO is the Faithful WITNESS, and the FIRST BEGOTTEN of the dead, and the PRINCE of the kings of the earth. Unto HIM that loved us, and washed us from our sins in HIS Own Blood,
Luke 11:13 (KJV): If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your Heavenly FATHER give the HOLY SPIRIT to them that ask HIM?
Acts 4:12 (KJV): Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by SunnyChus(m): 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
The Family of a Disciple
June 4, 2012

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting" (Luke 18:28-30)

Unfortunately, this and parallel passages have been wrongly used all too often to justify the abandonment of responsibilities to family in the name of following Christ.

But Christ is not here advocating repudiation of family. Instead, He insists that our allegiance be to Him and to His will. Nothing must be allowed to usurp His rightful position of supremacy in our lives. While it is true that for some a life unencumbered by family duties may result in more efficient ministry (1 Corinthians 7:1-9, 25-38 ), family relationships and responsibilities are of great importance to Him (vv. 10-24; see also many other passages).

Consider the case of Elisha. God had instructed Elijah to train Elisha to take his place as prophet (1 Kings 19:16). Finding Elisha plowing in his father’s field (i.e., family duties) with 12 yoke of oxen, "Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him" (v. 19).

Elisha knew immediately that he was facing a dramatic change in his life. He did not refuse, argue with, or try to alter the call, but he did recognize a responsibility to his parents. "Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee" (v. 20). Elijah agreed. To solidify his determination to leave, Elisha immediately sacrificed a pair of oxen, using as fuel the plowing instruments he had been using. He was, in effect, making a clean break with his former life, yet honoring and respecting his parents.

"Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him" (v. 21). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2012
The Gardens of the Lord
June 5, 2012

"When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples" (John 18:1)

As Jesus, after the last supper with His disciples, walked out with them, they soon crossed over a small brook and entered the little garden called Gethsemane. Eventually, He left the disciples and went farther into the garden alone for a time of solitary prayer.

Perhaps He remembered how, long ago, He had walked in His first garden with Adam and Eve in beautiful fellowship. But then they had rebelled against His Word, and had to be expelled from the Garden of Eden, leaving Him alone there also (Genesis 3:8 ).

As He prayed in Gethsemane, He knew that it would be only a few hours before He would be buried in still another garden, one "wherein was never man yet laid" (John 19:41). He would be carried to a new tomb prepared in a newly planted garden by the loving hands of Joseph and Nicodemus, but then He would be alone once again.

He had walked alone in the first garden, seeking His own; then had knelt alone in the second garden, praying for His own; and finally, was buried alone in the third garden, after dying for His own.

But because He came "to seek and to save that which is lost" (Luke 19:10), and because He now "ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25), after paying the awful price of "redemption through his blood" (Ephesians 1:7), all those who believe and trust Him will spend eternity in fellowship with Him in a beautiful garden city. Here flows "a pure river of water of life" surrounded on both sides by "the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month" (Revelation 22:1-2), and all will be "very good" forever. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
[size=13pt]God's Love; Walk in it.

God's Love is Eternal. God's Love is not about people pleasing. Though it is about honoring the Spirit of God in those with like precious Faith as it is written it is not to squander on those not worthy as commanded, in Matthew 7:6. God is Love and God is the Word, so honoring Chirst Jesus in true believers is Love. Giving God's Word by spreading the Good News is Love.

God's Love doesn't mean letting people step all over you or your going along with false teachings or giving that which is Holy of yourself unto those who are religious Harlots just so you could have the 'churched' dogma of man as some kind of twisted religious social event or festival in our life as written in Matthew 7:6 and 2 John 1:9-11 and Revelation 2:9-3:9.

Many today have twisted the Holy Scripture by falsely spreading the 'churched' dogma of man lies which say don't give the Truth as it is too offensive for people and you will turn them off to God.

Don't Listen to that rubbish. Speak the truth of our Lord's word boldly.

First of all this reveals them as written in 1 John 4:6; thus they are not true God fearing Bible believing Christians. So they are of another Gospel as written about them in Galatians 1:6-9 and 2 Corinthians 11:4, 13-14. Their "love" is from Satan, the god of this World. If losing your chance at Eternal life is your desire then continue to stay with the 'churched' dogma of man whom Blashpemy the Lord by opposing Truth.

It is the duty of every child of God to Love and also to reject and separate from those not accepting God's Love. Spreading the seed of God's Love is our walk but only God can water that seed in a soul as written in 1 Corinthians 3:6-7. We must die to our humaness in order that we might grow in God's Love as written in 1 Corinthians 15:36-37.

The most precious Love you will ever encounter is the Love of God that only comes by a Faith tried by fire with intimacy in the Lord from His Son the Bridegroom whom is the Word of God. You can only have this consummation of the Lord with God's Holy Spirit as the Minister of the Wedding of the Lord in your soul. With Spiritual communion through God's Holy Spirit you will become His Bride.

The Love of God in a human relationship will produce these results when the two become one in the Spirit of the Lord and are walking together as written in Amos 3:3.

1 Corinthians 13:7 "God's Love never gives up, never loses Faith, is always Hopeful, and edures through every circumstance."

1 Corinthians 13:8 "God's Love will last forever!"

1 Corinthians 13:13 "There are three things that will endure Faith, Hope and Love ~ and the greatest of these is Love!"

With God's Love truly planted in our souls and lives we will be obediently willing to die for the Lord and or give our life for our Brother or Sister as written in Matthew 10:39, 16:25, 20:28, Revelation 12:11 and 1 John 3:16.

This Eternal life only comes by the Spirit of God to the very elect few whom can only know whom to sacrifice their lives by knowing them by their fruit as written in Matthew 7:6, 7:20 and 1 John 4:6.

My Lord all glory be unto thee.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2012
Sowing Continually
June 6, 2012

"In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good" (Ecclesiastes 11:6)

In the Bible, the common occupation of sowing seed is frequently used as a symbol of witnessing for the Lord. Unlike an actual farmer, however, Christian seed-sowers are to engage in their occupation perpetually, day after day, morning and evening, everywhere they go. "Cast thy bread upon the waters," the wise preacher said, "for thou shalt find it after many days" (Ecclesiastes 11:1). The sowing is often difficult, but is necessary before the fruit can grow, and the promise is that "they that sow in tears shall reap in joy" (Psalm 126:5).

Often others may reap the fruit of our seed-sowing labors (or we may reap the fruit of theirs), but that is all right, for Christ Himself said that "One soweth, and another reapeth" so that "both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together" (John 4:37, 36). Paul said, "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase" (1 Corinthians 3:6).

Some seed, faithfully sown, may not seem to grow at all. In Christ's great parable of the sower, much of the seed fell by the wayside or on rocky or weed-infested ground, but "other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit" (Matthew 13:8 ). It is our job to be sure that the seed we sow is good seed, wherever we go--by word, by life, by giving, by listening, by our very presence, by praying, by whatever we say or do or even think--and then to trust God to bring forth the fruit according to His own perfect will.

"Blessed are ye that sow beside all waters" (Isaiah 32:20). Therefore, "in the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening," and God will prosper our faithfulness in His own good way and time. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On Jun 08, 2012
The Battle for Purity
June 7, 2012

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" (2 Timothy 2:19)

One of Paul's major messages to his young disciple Timothy was to strive for purity in every area of his life. Compromise and impurity were not to be glossed over; they were to be vigorously opposed.

Concerning purity in doctrine, Paul charged, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). He was to "charge" his followers not to wrangle over trivial issues, and not to listen to false teaching (v. 14). They were to "shun" vulgar and empty talk, knowing that such will only lead to more impurity and doubt (vv. 16-18 ). Furthermore, he was to actively "oppose" those who taught or lived by any other code, doing everything possible to "recover" those ensnared by satanic lies (vv. 25-26).

A prerequisite for an effective battle for purity in doctrine is purity in character. A Christian leader must be prepared for the work. "If a man therefore purge himself from these |i.e., false teaching, practices, and attitudes|, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work" (v. 21).

Finally, a Christian leader must have proper and pure relationships with both those who are under his influence and those who must be opposed. "The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves" (vv. 24-25). This is a difficult task, but as in our text, our foundation is sure, and we are known fully by the One who leads and empowers us in the work ahead. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
The Days of Youth
June 8, 2012

"Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment" (Ecclesiastes 11:9)

When one reaches maturity and, finally, old age, he will almost inevitably find himself recalling wistfully the days of his youth. Often there will be feelings of regret for wasted opportunities and sinful living, and he would urge young people not to make the same mistakes that he did.

Unfortunately, most young people tend to listen more to their peers than to their seniors. As the old cliché has it--"too soon old, and too late smart." So the cycle continues, generation after generation.

There have been godly exceptions, of course, such as Mary and Daniel and Timothy, and some today as well, who have maintained a strong stand and witness for God and His Word all their lives. As our text (written by King Solomon in his old age) indicates, youth can and should be a time of real joy, but the best joy is "the joy of the LORD" (Nehemiah 8:10). Such joy is true pleasure and happiness, and is much better than mere "fun."

Our text also confirms that a judgment day is coming, and the misdeeds of youth will be judged along with all the rest. Especially good advice was given by Solomon in his next two verses. "Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh" (Ecclesiastes 11:10-12:1). Paul advised young Timothy, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12). HMM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2012
+ [size=14pt] One cannot serve (GOD)Me AND themselves.[/size]

....and He [Christ] died for all, so that they who live might NO longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf".... 2 Corinthians 5:15 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2012
God-Hardened Hearts
June 10, 2012

"For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses" (Joshua 11:20)

One of the most bitter complaints of critics against the Bible is its portrayal of the severity of God, especially in His command to Moses to destroy all the Canaanites. "When the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them" (Deuteronomy 7:2). This seems more severe than ever when we read in our text that God Himself hardened the hearts of the Canaanites so that Joshua could destroy them.

But the notion that God is merely a kindly grandfather figure is a self-serving figment of man's sinful imagination. The New Testament reminds us that "our God is a consuming fire" and "the wages of sin is death" (Hebrews 12:29; Romans 6:23), and God doesn't change. "The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ" (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 ).

As far as the Canaanites were concerned, God had given them 400 years to repent (Genesis 15:13-16), but each new generation had gone further away from God than the one before, and they were practicing (as archaeology has revealed) every form of debauchery known to man. It was an act of mercy by God toward all those who would come in contact with them in future generations to decree their destruction now. They had already irrevocably hardened their hearts toward God, so God now hardened their hearts against Israel. Thinking they could destroy God's people, they only hastened their well-deserved end. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by musicclown(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Let the priase of the LORD be heard www.praisedelord..com
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2012
The Discipline of Patience
June 11, 2012

"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing" (James 1:4)
Patience, or endurance, is part of the development that produces the experience that brings hope and assurance to those who are the "twice born" (Romans 5:3-5). Patience is a discipline--a "work" that is necessary for our growth. Although such discipline never seems pleasant at the time, it is administered by our loving heavenly Father, who focuses His "work" on our spiritual maturity (Hebrews 12:5-8 ).

Our text contains several key aspects that promise victory through the process of learning patience. Wisdom is granted liberally as we ask for it during the testings that produce the "perfect work" (James 1:4) of patience. As those who love the Lord endure the testings that will surely come , the endurance practiced will produce a "crown of life" (James 1:12) as an eternal testimony to our patience.

Psalm 37 outlines the principles for gaining patience during this life. First, "trust in the LORD" (Psalm 37:3) and follow His leading in everything you do (Proverbs 3:5-10).

Second, delight in the Lord--get excited about Him (Psalm 37:4). That trait is amplified often in Psalm 119 (Psalm 119:16, 24, 35, 47, 70, 174). Then, commit your way to the Lord (Psalm 37:5), becoming like a branch attached to the vine (John 15:4-7).

Finally, rest in the Lord (Psalm 37:7) and wait on the Him (Psalm 37:34). That doesn't mean just "hang around." It means to be a fully prepared servant, waiting for his master's orders to implement. The "profitable" servant (Luke 17:10) learns what his master wants and stands ready to respond to the needs of the kingdom.

Patience is never obtained through bored indifference. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by tiarabubu: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2012
@ OLAADEGBU and Grace

Wonderful! wonderful!!! posts! I might just leave my devotional for this one! Lol

May God be with you!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2012
Pray without Ceasing
June 12, 2012

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" (Ephesians 6:18 ).

It is obvious that Paul's command to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17) is to be understood metaphorically (after all, we do have to sleep and work, as well as pray), but it is also to be taken seriously.

Even during waking hours, of course, the attitude of unceasing general prayer is not meant to supersede special periods of concentrated prayer. Jesus spoke thus of the importance of intense private prayer: "When thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret" (Matthew 6:6). Christ Himself has set an example: "In the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35).

There is also an important role for group prayer meetings. "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed" (James 5:16). "If two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 18:19).

The words of our text, however, conclude the great passage on the armour of the Christian as he or she engages in daily combat with the wicked one. They imply not a continual verbalized prayer but a continual attitude of prayer and watchfulness, whereby it becomes easy and natural to breathe a short (but sincere) prayer "in the Spirit" whenever a need appears (e.g., a special need for strength or guidance in a situation, or intercession for someone else). Thus, whether at work or at rest, we can--as Paul exhorts--"Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving" (Colossians 4:2). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Skmoda360(m): 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
Subscribe
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2012
Waxing Old, like a Garment
June 13, 2012

"Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed. But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end" (Psalm 102:25-27).

This remarkable passage, quoted also in Hebrews 1:10-12, anticipates the famous second law of thermodynamics, or law of entropy, indicating that everything in the physical universe is growing old and wearing out. God created everything in the beginning, winding it up like a great clock, so to speak. Because of sin and the curse, however, it has been running down and "perishing" ever since. Jesus also said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away" (literally, "are passing away" ) (Matthew 24:35).

This universal scientific law is also anticipated in Isaiah 51:6: "The earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner." That is, the law of decay and death applies both to the earth and its inhabitants. The concept of universal evolution is clearly refuted both by Scripture and true science.

Note that our text also anticipates that, although the earth is growing old and seems about to die, it will suddenly be changed, like a garment. The old garment will be discarded and a new garment put on. Peter puts it this way: "The heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:12-13).

Now, although the universe is perishing and will one day be suddenly renewed, its Creator never changes. His years will never end, and His Word and His righteousness will never pass away. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

True Love
June 14, 2012

"Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned" (Song of Solomon 8:7).

The Song of Solomon, as part of God's inspired Word, is much more than an ancient erotic poem, as some have interpreted it. Solomon was given great wisdom by God, so that he "spake three thousand proverbs; and his songs were a thousand and five" (1 Kings 4:32). Of these latter, he apparently considered this to be his masterpiece, his "song of songs" (Song 1:1). It can best be understood as a pure love song describing the courtship and marriage of Solomon and his first bride, long before he later married "many strange |that is, 'foreign'| women" (1 Kings 11:1), who "turned away his heart after other gods" (1 Kings 11:4).

Another interpretation, favored by many Bible scholars over the centuries, is that the story is an allegory whose theme is the love of Christ and His heavenly bride, the true church.

That is, it really does seem to describe the love of young Solomon and his first bride. Such love had and still has God's blessing, for the union of man and woman in permanent, loving marriage, has always been God's plan, ever since Adam and Eve (note Christ's confirmation of this in Matthew 19:3-9). It is "the works of the flesh," including adultery and fornication, which God condemns.

But the song can also bring great blessing to the reader as he sees therein the eternal love of the Lord Jesus and His heavenly Bride. Our text verse, read in this light, is a glorious truth. Not even the waters of a great flood could quench such love, nor all the possessions of a wealthy king ever purchase it. It is true eternal love, bought by the blood of the Bridegroom and received with undying faith by His beloved Bride. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2012
Delight in the Will of God
June 15, 2012

"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8 ).

This remarkable testimony of David is actually also a Messianic prophecy, fulfilled completely only in Christ. Only as Messiah could He truly say, "My meat is to do the will of him that sent me" and "I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me;" "The works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me" (John 4:34; 6:38; 10:25). "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith . . . Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God" (Hebrews 10:5, 7).

His heart was attuned perfectly to the will of God because God's law was written thereon, "not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart" (2 Corinthians 3:3). Even in the most trying circumstances to which any man could ever be subjected, He could pray, "Not my will, but thine, be done" (Luke 22:42).

By the indwelling Spirit of God, we also must seek to make the will of God our greatest delight. We are saved solely by grace, but this is not to deliver us from the burdensome constraints of God's holy law; as in the case of Christ Himself, He places His law in our hearts in order to enable us to love His law. "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them" (Hebrews 10:16).

Then we learn, like the psalmist, not to resist His will, but to love His will and to delight in His law. "O how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day. . . . Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. . . . I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight" (Psalm 119:97, 111, 174). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
He Who Began A Good Work

My love for you is written in red. There is no good thing that I would withhold from you. You are My Beloved
in whom I take great delight. I began a good work in you and will not cease until it is completed. I will never
leave you helpless. I Am your Supply, Your Joy, the One who leads you beside still, restful waters into your
promised land of blessing. Even now, it is breaking forth in your life bringing you to a higher, deeper level
in Me. Jump into the water of My Spirit and let me take you to places you have never been. I will give
revelation like you have never seen. The treasures that I hold for you are beyond your human grasp. My
Spirit reveals hidden treasures.

I come to you, even now, to touch you deeply and make you complete and whole in Me. Receive all
that I have for you. It has been waiting with your name on it from the foundation of time. I Am the Father
that holds you and heals you. Move in My flowing. Let is all go, My Child. You are mine and I will bring you
through and will help you walk in all that I have prepared for you. I will not fail you. I have never failed you, little one.
I Am our Ever Faithful, Mountain Moving Father. You have seen, have beheld Me make the impossible, possible time
and again. I have decreed it. Nothing can turn back My hand. I will fulfill a good work in your life. I AM your Father - I
do not fail.

All things are possible to him that believes. Walk here with Me, take My hand. Trust me with your whole heart. You will
burst forth from this season of trials and storms. The strength that I have developed in you will sustain you. Watch and see
what I will do for you. I have worked it all out. I come, even now, to meet with you, to hold you, to assure you that I AM
the God of the impossible Who is more than enough. Let me amaze you. I AM developing in you something lasting, that
cannot be shaken or taken away. You have a new steadfastness through my anointing, through My Spirit.

Only believe. Only receive all that I impart to you, now! Breathe in Me, all of Me. I Am pouring My all encompassing
love upon you. I sing love songs over you. I led you to this place to sit before Me and learn of Me. Rest now, My Child.
It is time for you to have ease from life's demands. Rest in Me. See if I will not do it all, if I will not do a new thing.
Surrender, I dare you to give it all to Me. I've got this, My Precious One. You are held, now and for all eternity.
My covenant with you is eternal. Behold My faithfulness, Rest! Rest now and see why I will do for you as
my joy breaks forth.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
Be Ye Separate
June 16, 2012

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty" (2 Corinthians 6:17-18 ).

The doctrine of separation from "the unclean thing" is neglected today by professing Christians, but it is still here in God’s Word. The context indicates that Paul is warning against Christians being "unequally yoked together with unbelievers" and urging us to "cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1).

Such separation does not mean having no contact at all with unbelievers, "for then must ye needs go out of the world" (1 Corinthians 5:10), whereas Jesus commanded, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). He also prayed to the Father, "not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil" (John 17:15).

He does demand, however, that we are not to compromise with unbelief or with the unclean thing. We are "born again" into the family of God through simple faith in the person and saving work of Christ; but the full manifestation and fellowship of our relation with the heavenly Father as His spiritual sons and daughters is evidently, in this passage, conditioned on the vital principle of separation from all unbelief and filthiness of the flesh, with Jesus as our example (Hebrews 7:26).

We are specially warned to "turn away" from those who, "having a form of godliness," attempt to accommodate the naturalistic viewpoint of modern scientism within the Scriptures, thus "denying the power thereof" (2 Timothy 3:5). "Be ye separate, saith the Lord." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
[size=13pt]

Precious one why do you doubt my love for you. Why do you wonder so much about your future and not realise that I have gone ahead of you.
Even as I said I love Jacob and hate Esau so I am able to decide what I created for honour and what I created as a common thing.

You are a vessel of honour but that means you must be treated as such by yourself and those you come into contact with.
Do not use yourself as if you are common. You have been set apart as holy. Remember that as you interact with others.

You speak for me you represent me. Don't look to your own wisdom but trust in me to know right from wrong, up from down left from right. Listen for my voice, discern what I am in and what I am not in.
Flee from those things that cause you to separate from Me or cause Me to be small in your sight.

Know that you are to walk in the Spirit in that way The flesh won't be fed but it will be starved, an appetite not fed will die. Look to the Hills from where I come with your help.
Rise up early like Jesus before you and give Me your day, that is the only way to survive To live the set apart life.
Don't lean on your own understanding but trust my judgement I AM never wrong.

Just search my word, ask Paul, John, David, Moses or Abraham.
I'm never wrong .
Trust me and it will go well with you. Trust Me.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2012
The Father Of Spirits
June 17, 2012

"Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?" (Hebrews 12:9).

In these days when parents are urged by special interest and political groups not to discipline their children, and children's rights are championed at the expense of parental authority, it is comforting to read in Scripture that the normal response to parental discipline is reverence. Thankfully, even most secular "experts" today recognise the child's need for parental guidelines, reinforced by physical discipline as appropriate.

But this passage is primarily discussing the role of chastening father that God plays in the lives of His spiritual children. "My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord . . . for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth. . . . But if ye be without chastisement . . . then are ye . . . not sons" (vv. 5-8 ). This discipline is "for our profit" (v. 10) and "yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness" (v. 11) in our lives. The natural response should be both "reverence" and "subjection" (v. 9).

In our text, God is identified as the "Father of Spirits," reminding us that God is Creator. "The Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him" (Zechariah 12:1). He who created all things, including the spiritual side of mankind (Colossians 1:16), recreated each spirit at the time of salvation (2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 2:10; etc.). His wise and timely chastening is "for our profit" and has as its goal "that we might be partakers of his holiness" (Hebrews 12:10).

On this day of special honour for fathers, let us not forget to honour our heavenly Father. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2012
[size=13pt]Word of the LORD:
“You, MY children, are dying from lack of knowledge.”
(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, June 12, 2012)
Yes daughter, listen to MY Words:
Children, it is I, your LORD Speaking. The hour comes for MY Return. Children, are you ready?
Are you watching for ME? Do you know this is what I require of you? Isn’t this in MY Book? Have you not read this in MY Word? Then why do so few of you comply to MY Request? Why do I find so few willing to watch for ME, look for ME, pursue ME, follow ME? MY Word is very clear.
If you are not looking for ME, you are distracted by something other than GOD. Something else is taking your time, your attention, your focus, and it is not ME, because MY true followers recognize the hour they are living in and the time. They are watching for ME and focused on ME. So if you are not seeking ME and focused elsewhere, you are in a dangerous position and MY enemy has you firmly in his grip.
You, MY children, are dying from lack of knowledge. You cannot be washed by MY Word if you are not in MY Word! You cannot receive MY Word through the teachings of MY SPIRIT if you do not possess MY SPIRIT. If you do not have HIM in all HIS Fullness you are therefore lukewarm and in a dangerous condition with your GOD.
Do you not understand that I hold life in MY Hand? I brought you into the world and I will take you out of this world. It is up to you what direction you leave to, when you leave. Will you come out with ME as MY bride to a beautiful home in the heavenlies or will you be cast away into hell apart from ME for eternity? Do not count on being left behind, as many will be caught in sudden destruction following the removal of the church. Don’t play games with your eternal soul.
This is serious MY children. You believe you have all the time in the world to relax and enjoy life and the things of the world, but there is a great wave of darkness moving over the land and if you don’t move quickly into MY Light, you will be caught in the darkness and there will be no turning back. I cannot rescue you once the enemy has you in his clutches. So many have fallen away as the road is broad to destruction—eternal destruction. This is most serious. You are playing with fire if you think otherwise.
Do not turn away from ME to other lesser gods and towards the distractions of the world and MY enemy. He does not care how you are deceived. He only wants your destruction—he does not care how you arrive to it.
You can be saved from this heartache MY children, as I have planned for your rescue if you would only turn from your wicked ways and follow ME, your SAVIOR. I have the answers. You cannot find them anywhere else. Don’t be deceived—there is much deception and it is coming from all sides around you. You can only trust MY Word and ME.
I ask you to give ME your life in a full surrender. Repent of your sins with a humble heart. Then I can come and reside within you, make you complete, fill you completely. WE will reside within you. Your life can then know wholeness, peace, and your soul will be satisfied because you are right with your GOD, walking in MY Will for your life. Do not settle for anything less. Anything less will lead you to destruction.
I only speak these Words out of a Heart of Love and Truth. I desire for you to be saved and kept from the great evil that is even now coming to the earth. Allow ME to save you, fill you with MY SPIRIT, cover you with MY Blood, set you free from sin’s bondage, and the control of MY enemy who reigns over you. If you are not of ME—you are being used by MY enemy for purposes of his destruction against MY Kingdom and you will be accountable for the part you play in destruction in this life: lost souls, lost rewards in MY Eternal Kingdom. There are things you cannot readily see, but your unwillingness to surrender fully to ME puts you outside of MY Will and makes you an agent of evil against MY Kingdom and one of MY rebellious children.
Lay down your weapons of destruction: your rebellion, your lawlessness, acts of sedition, and turn to ME to receive MY Blood and to walk in holiness and HOLY SPIRIT Fire! This is your heritage to claim, but you must desire to leave your worldly lust and to come into MY Open, Saving Arms!
I am waiting children, to save you,
Turn and come home![/size]

[b]
Mark 13:28-31 (KJV): 28Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. 30Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mark 13:34-37 (KJV): 34For the SON of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
Hosea 4:6 (KJV): MY people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to ME: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy GOD, I will also forget thy children.
Matthew 7:13 (KJV): Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Isaiah 30:1-3 (KJV): Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of ME; and that cover with a covering, but not of MY SPIRIT, that they may add sin to sin: 2That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at MY Mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt! 3Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.
1 Corinthians 2:11 (KJV): For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of GOD knoweth no man, but the SPIRIT of GOD.
Job 9:12 (KJV): Behold, HE taketh away, who can hinder HIM? Who will say unto HIM, What doest THOU?
1 Thessalonians 5:3 (KJV): For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
Psalms 118:8 (KJV): It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Isaiah 58:11 (KJV): And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Nehemiah 9:17-20 (KJV): 17And refused to obey, neither were mindful of THY wonders that THOU didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but THOU art a GOD ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not. 18Yea, when they had made them a molten calf, and said, This is thy God that brought thee up out of Egypt, and had wrought great provocations; 19Yet thou in THY Manifold Mercies forsookest them not in the wilderness: the pillar of the cloud departed not from them by day, to lead them in the way; neither the pillar of fire by night, to shew them light, and the way wherein they should go. 20THOU gavest also THY Good SPIRIT to instruct them, and withheldest not THY manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by judeee1000: 1:25am On Jun 19, 2012
This is a message that is led in my spirit to preach to you all about to be saved from Satan and his evil works. This is not a scam i am a real person just like you. I eat, sleep, wake up like you. I just want to enlighten you about how wonderful it is to know God, To trust in him and believe in his ways. Forget about the evil or wrong things you have done in the past, give yourself to Jesus Christ, let him be the love and lifter of your life. I am sharing this with you because i want you to be saved and it will be too late to believe in God when Judgement Day (End of The Days) comes. The knowledge of God is greater that the knowledge of Man or science. Everything you see, you feel in this world is as a result of God's creation. The end of days represents the judgment of everyone and what life he has lived on earth. A lot of people dont believe the bible but deep in my spirit i know the Bible is real, its the greater truth and it is the only tool that can help you live a glorious and successful. Dont ever listen to scientists and authors that try to brainwash you and deceive you about your existence. Scientists have claimed that the we were created by the big bang. that a lot of nonsense. Scientists knowledge is as small as particle or molecule compared to God's knowledge is superb. God created every human beings in his image and likeness and yet people still dont want to accept him. God has never done anything wrong to you whereas people in the world that dont know or believe him are not only creating danger for themselves but also creating a place in hell for themselves. Read the book of revelations it tells you about the second coming of Jesus Christ, it will make you realise that the things you are doing in your life is wrong and you can be changed and renewed once you know God. A lot of people do not believe in the bible because they do not know God and do not believe in what he says. But isnt it wonderful that God is so great and powerful and awesome to create a world for us to live a better life but many people in the world have rejected him because they have been influenced by the devil. When we look at the world today, the lives of people, the trials, the tribulations, the destructions, the pain, sometimes you wonder where or how it happens but the only person responsible for all this is the devil aka Satan. The devil is the prince of the world, he brings darkness into the lives of human beings that is why the world is what it is today. The devil does everything in his way to destroy people's mind and understanding about God. In this world today, people have doubts about God which they are not suppose to. People in this world do things that they know they shouldn't be doing because they lack the knowledge of God and they do that satisfies the devil. When you talk about God or Jesus to some people, they are so ignorant and live according to what their senses tells them to do but that is wrong You can not doubt God if you dont know him or trust him. People in the world today are influenced by the works of the devil through drugs, drinking, murders and so on but when you become a Christian and accept God in your life, your world changes for the better. No matter what life you have lived in the prior years or through your childhood, God is able to forgive you because all he wants from you is to be happy and live a successful life. God created the world with beautiful features and creatures and yet scientists are still wasting their time doing research on how the world came into maturity. God is so powerful and intelligent to create a world for us to enjoy and live but there are people that have been brainwashed by the devil and his agents and they have become so weak spiritually and that is why they do not know God. Everything about God is perfect and you can be perfect like him if you are saved, believe in his word and believe that Jesus died on the cross, buried and rose again. Ever imagine a world without chaos, or pain or destruction but a world where the word of God is shared and people living a life of peace and love. If you have been a sinner for a long time, God will always forgive you if you repent. He will always be there for you to show you a way out of darkness because he is a mighty and loving God. The life that you live as a Christian is the best life and it will be the best decision you make in your life because you have come into the realisation that God is the greater truth and that he truly does exist. When you become a Christian and accept Jesus into your life, you defeat the devil. Your life becomes a higher life. You move from glory to glory. It is not a difficult thing to be a Christian. All you have to do is confess Jesus as your lord and saviour and he will make your world a light. if you want to be blessed and be inspired with more words and want Jesus to be a part of your life and want to be saved from the devil and his evil works and this wicked world. . You will be surely blessed and God will accept your regardless of what you have done in the past, He will forgive you from your trespasses. God bless you all. If you want to be saved and want to know, accept and believe Jesus Christ, you can always contact me, i will pray for you and also give us words of encouragement and advice on your new life in Jesus Christ. Also if you want to be saved, Say this words when you are alone in your room- '. Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus, i acknowledge to you that i am a sinner and sorry for the life i have lived i need your forgiveness, i believe that your son Jesus died on the cross of calvary for me. You said on your word in Romans 10:9 that if we confess the lord our God and believe in our hearts that Jesus was dead and buried that we shall be saved, i confess you as the lord of my life, lord of my soul, lord of my spirit and lord of my body, this very moment i accept Jesus into my life. i am now saved. Glory to You Lord.'' - Once you have said these prayers, send me an email on judeandrew89@gmail.com reply back to my message to share your testimony and look for a local church and get a bible and study the word of God so that you can grow not only physically but spiritually and mentally then i will teach how to carry on your journey on being now a child of God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58am On Jun 19, 2012
The Necessary Light
June 18, 2012

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me" (Acts 26:18 ).

All human experience understands the relationship between darkness and light. Those who love wickedness crave the darkness to hide their deeds (John 3:19).

Jesus insisted that He is the "light of the world" (John 8:12). Now in His glorified state, the Lord Jesus--our King of Kings and Lord of Lords--is described as "dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto" (1 Timothy 6:16). This is not a mere metaphor. "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5).

It is certainly clear in the Scriptures that those who have not yet been twice born must come "to the light" before they can ever receive the gift of eternal light (John 3:20). Indeed, the very process of "coming" is empowered by the drawing power of the Godhead Himself (John 6:44). No one who is "dead in trespasses and sin" (Ephesians 2:1) is able to come out of darkness on their own into the light, without the supernatural power of the "light" Himself.

Once we are rescued from the darkness by the atoning sacrifice of the Lord Jesus and "birthed" from above by the power demonstrated in the resurrection of our Lord, we who are so redeemed become "children of light" (1 Thessalonians 5:5). Thus empowered, we are to "walk in the light" (1 John 1:7) and have no "fellowship . . . with darkness" (2 Corinthians 6:14). With the "armour of light" complete (Romans 13:12), we can openly let our "light so shine" that we become a "light of the world" (Matthew 5:16, 14). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2012
The Beginning of Creation
June 19, 2012

"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God" (Revelation 3:14).

This salutation in the last of the seven church epistles in Revelation contains the last of four occurrences of the distinctive phrase, "the beginning of the creation." The glorified Christ here assumes this as one of His divine names. Note that even God's work of creation, long since completed (Genesis 2:1-3), had a beginning, and that beginning was Christ. "In the beginning was the Word, . . . All things were made by him" (John 1:1, 3).

The first two occurrences of this phrase also come from the lips of Christ. "From the beginning of the creation God made them male and female" (Mark 10:6). This assertion by the Creator, Jesus Christ (quoting Genesis 1:27), makes it unambiguously certain that Adam and Eve were created at the beginning of creation, not after the earth had already existed for 4.5 billion years. God also wrote this plainly on the tables of the law (Exodus 20:8-11). Those evangelicals who accept the geological ages evidently reject this clear statement of the creation's Creator!

Then Christ also referred to the end-times in the context of the beginning-times. "In those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be" (Mark 13:19).

The phrase is also used in Peter's very important prophecy concerning the scoffers of the end-times who will argue (in willful ignorance) that "all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation" (2 Peter 3:3-4), thereby denying that there ever was a real creation or real Creator and thus rejecting Christ Himself. But He is also the "true witness" and the "Amen," and such denials will only be "unto their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:16). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2012

I AM JESUS,
I AM LOVE
I AM GOD
I CREATED ALL THINGS
I GIVE YOU BREATH OF LIFE
LOOK TO ME
COME TO ME
ETERNAL LIFE ,I HAVE FOR YOU.
YES I DIE FOR YOU.
I AM COMING BACK SOON.
COME TO JESUS,COME TO GOD .

REVELATION 1:18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Wars and Rumors of Wars
June 20, 2012

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6).

Christians are often chided because they are looking for the return of Christ rather than improving this present world. The fact is, however, that Bible-believing Christians have been largely responsible for such improvements in this world as have actually been achieved (elimination of slavery, establishment of hospitals and educational institutions, founding and development of modern science, advances in political freedoms, etc.).

On the other hand, Christ predicted that wars would continue despite His own death and resurrection. In fact, the prophet Daniel had prophesied over five centuries earlier that "unto the end of the war desolations are determined" (Daniel 9:26). For 2,500 years the prophecies have been fulfilled and will continue to be fulfilled until Christ returns. In that day, God promises: "Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end." However, it is not the misguided efforts of secularists and worldly minded Christians that will bring about this state of eternal peace and righteousness. "The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this" (Isaiah 9:7).

Our text is taken from Christ's Olivet discourse, given in answer to His disciples' questions about His Second Coming (Matthew 24-25). Climaxing His message, He said, "Then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" (Matthew 24:30). The wicked, warring nations of the earth all will mourn (not rejoice over!) His coming. In the meantime, He urges all true Christians to "be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:44). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2012
Enoch: A Man of Faith
June 21, 2012

"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

Surely one of the most godly, as well as interesting, characters who ever lived was Enoch. He is one of only two who lived before the Flood (Noah also, Genesis 6:9) of whom it is said that he "walked with God." He is also one of only two individuals who never died (Elijah, 2 Kings 2:11). Little is known about him, but the Bible reveals him to be exemplary among men and special to God.

Notice that he was, first of all, a man of faith. "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; . . . he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is |i.e., that God exists|, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:5-6). Enoch had ample faith in the fact and work of God, which yielded a close walk with God. He also had faith in the caring character of God which rewards the diligent search for Him on His terms with sanctification, fellowship, and eternal life. This faith, we are told, pleased God.

We find in the little book of Jude a description of Enoch's ministry. Enoch's faith impelled him to denounce strongly the false teaching and ungodly living of his day, prophesying the coming return of, and judgment by, the Lord (Jude 1:14-15).

Some have suggested that Enoch's ministry is not yet over. All men die, for "it is appointed unto men once to die" (Hebrews 9:27), and Enoch has not yet died. Perhaps he is one of the two tribulation "witnesses" (Revelation 11:3) whose messages are so much like those of Enoch and Elijah who will be martyred, resurrected, and taken up to heaven directly from earth (vv. 4-12).

At any rate, Enoch is certainly one of the great heroes of the faith whom we shall meet some day. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply)

Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 310
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.