Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,988 members, 7,952,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night (709 Views)

Kenyan Baby Starts Menstruating At Four Months, Develops Pubic Hair / Please Help! How Can I Treat Chronic Catarrh That Has Lasted More Than 8yrs / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by Goodlucknigeria: 5:09am On May 28, 2020
I have done steaming as recommended by the doctor for her severally yet no change. She is always having this thick mucus that seems to be blocking her nose. And that makes her uncomfortable at night. What else can I do to help her?
Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by EDGEof2MORO: 5:27am On May 28, 2020
What is wrong with you? This must be your first baby or you're feeling too lazy to take her to a hospital angry
Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by Goodlucknigeria: 5:43am On May 28, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:
What is wrong with you? This must be your first baby or you're feeling too lazy to take her to a hospital angry

She's my first child. The last time we visited the hospital, they asked us to carry on with streaming using eucalyptus oil alongside. That we have done but there seems to be little or no change
Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by SenorFax(m): 5:48am On May 28, 2020
Use mouth to draw out the mucus now. At least to let her breath easy for her to sleep

1 Like

Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by dominique(f): 5:49am On May 28, 2020
If you shower her at night, stop it. You can use a wet towel to massage her instead. Massage her chest, sides and back with baby mentholatum, a little on her nose too and make sure she's not directly under and fan or AC. If symptoms persists after 2 or 3 days, take her to the hospital

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by Goodlucknigeria: 5:52am On May 28, 2020
SenorFax:
Use mouth to draw out the mucus now. At least to let her breath easy for her to sleep

The mucus isn't coming out. Just a few thick content that comes out after bathing her
Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by ghettokid1(m): 5:53am On May 28, 2020
I think 'OTRIVIN DROP' will help & stop showering him/her @ night if u do.

Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by Goodlucknigeria: 5:55am On May 28, 2020
dominique:
If you shower her at night, stop it. You can use a wet towel to massage her instead. Massage her chest, sides and back with baby mentholatum, a little on her nose too and make sure she's not directly under and fan or AC. If symptoms persists after 2 or 3 days, take her to the hospital

We normally bath her in the morning and night (7pm) with moderate warm water. I practically had to lock both the door and window where she sleeps to avoid any entrance of air. Maybe I will still go to the hospital again
Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by RoyalBlu(f): 6:14am On May 28, 2020
Please avoid bathing the baby's head and face with soap for now. *very important*

Use little water to wash her hair while tilting the head backwards.

You can also put menthol in hot water in a bowl and put it in the room. It helps to loosen up the mucus in the nose as well.

Continue with the prescription you were given. She'll be fine soonest.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by risos(m): 6:45am On May 28, 2020
Do thorough cleaning of your house if you have not done that already, clean up all traces of dust in the house.
Go an see a doctor.
Re: My Four Months Old Baby Having Catarrh At Night by Nobody: 6:56am On May 28, 2020
Take your child to the hospital.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigerian Passport Renewal / Accede To Our Request, Striking Ondo Doctors Tell Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.