Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Is God's Kingdom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's Kingdom (636 Views)

Do Homosexuals Have A Place In God's Kingdom? / Things That God's Kingdom Will End In This World / Seek God's Kingdom And He Will Solve Your Problems - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 9:47am On May 28, 2020
is it just some thing in our heart or is it a real government in heaven? let's find out.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by UceeGod: 4:44pm On May 28, 2020
You'll need to understand what a kingdom is all about for you to really know what God's Kingdom is.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On May 28, 2020
Andy15:
is it just some thing in our heart or is it a real government in heaven? let's find out.
God's kingdom is a real kingdom, not with the kind of government system you are used to having here on earth.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
God's kingdom is a real kingdom, not with the kind of government system you are used to having here on earth.
So what do you think that kingdom will do?
A clue can be found at Daniel 2:44
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
So what do you think that kingdom will do?
A clue can be found at Daniel 2:44
Daniel 2 vs 44. is not a clue to God's Kingdom.

Read the Gospels to learn of God's Kingdom. Jesus gave enough Hints about His Kingdom in His sermons and parables.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Read the Gospels to learn of God's Kingdom. Jesus gave enough Hints about His Kingdom in His sermons and parables.
it doer say that it will put an end to other kingdoms,doesn't that tell you something the kingdom will do?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

it does say that it will put an end to other kingdoms,doesn't that tell you something the kingdom will do?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
it does say that it will put an end to other kingdoms,doesn't that tell you something the kingdom will do?
So where will those who do not make it into the kingdom of Heaven be? Will it not be in a kingdom of sorts? undecided undecided
Or will all be in the same kingdom?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So where will those who do not make it into the kingdom of Heaven be? Will it not be in a kingdom of sorts? undecided undecided
Or will all be in the same kingdom?
Now that you asked that question please read psalm37:29
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

Now that you asked that question please read psalm37:29
I am sorry but I hate the practise that is picking verses from here and there to bolster one's point, any point. For that is the very same thing those who do not believe do. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but I hate the practise that is picking verses from here and there to bolster one's point, any point. For that is the very same thing those who do not believe do. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Ok I respect that but it doesn't change what that scripture is saying
And for the record I am a Christian
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

Ok I respect that but it doesn't change what that scripture is saying
And for the record I am a Christian

That scripture can be assumed to speak of the land of israel as well. So no, it says nothing concrete in the sense of the Kingdom of God.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Dtruthspeaker: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

For practical purposes, the kingdom of God simply The Firm and Complete Absolute Rule of God Over the Affairs of Men which is the direct opposite of when God Allowed Men to Rule themselves using His Laws, which has now failed.

Therefore, He is taking back the Rule of Men from them and Placing it in Himself.

He shall be in Control of the Judiciary and the Executive Organisations. He was Already in Control of the Legislature and was Always in Control of it-All Laws on Earth (Natural Law which is Always Good), come from Him as different from the Wicked and Evil laws which men made for themselves which you see).

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

For practical purposes, the kingdom of God simply The Firm and Complete Absolute Rule of God Over the Affairs of Men which is the direct opposite of when God Allowed Men themselves using His Laws, which has now failed.

Therefore, He is taking back the Rule of Men from them and Placing it in Himself.

He shall be in Control of the Judiciary and the Executive Organisations. He was Already in Control of the Legislature and was Always in Control of it-All Laws on Earth (Natural Law which is Always Good), come from Him as different from the Wicked and Evil laws which men made for themselves which you see).
I really love your answer but what do you think this government will do for us?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That scripture can be assumed to speak of the land of israel as well. So no, it says nothing concrete in the sense of the Kingdom of God
Well did that ancient is real live forever on this earth?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
Well did that ancient is real live forever on this earth?
The promise made to Abraham as regards that land was for a period of forever.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The promise made to Abraham as regards that land was for a period of forever.

So are you saying the promise at psalms 37:29 was made to Abraham
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

So are you saying the promise at psalms 37:29 was made to Abraham

There is no evidence that psalm 37 vs 29 is in anyway linked to the Kingdom of God as it is more likely linked to the promise of the land of canaan to the people of isreal, a promise made forever.

That said, the Kingdom of Heaven and the promise of it, came with Jesus Christ, not just for the people of Israel but for all nations.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

There is no evidence that psalm 37 vs 29 is in anyway linked to the Kingdom of God as it is more likely linked to the promise of the land of canaan to the people of isreal, a promise made forever.

That said, the Kingdom of Heaven and the promise of it, came with Jesus Christ, not just for the people of Israel but for all nations.
So how do you know it is linked to the peopl of isreal ( I need scriptural evidence)..
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

So how do you know it is linked to the peopl of isreal ( I need scriptural evidence)..
Because the man who wrote it, was an israelite and eventual king of Israel. He wrote several other psalms about His beloved Israel and the promise.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Because the man who wrote it, was an israelite and eventual king of Israel. He wrote several other psalms about His beloved Israel and the promise.
And did this Israelites possess the whole earth or just a small part of it? or did they live forever?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
And did this Israelites possess the whole earth or just a small part of it? or did they live forever?

I don't follow undecided
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

I really love your answer but what do you think this government will do for us?

Many many beautiful things and good good things which He did at the beginning (Adam and Eve enjoyed Him and it well well).

1) There would be Fairness and Equality and Just -is (balance).

2) Wickedness and Evil will Not Be Allowed to have a ground to stand (He even said that Evil, Death and Hell would be kept in Eternal Prison Forever, so no Problems from evil).

3) it is His Job and Duty to Provide Food (I love food grin) Shelter. There is nothing like insecurity because everyone and everything Must Do Only Good, even animals will not hurt.

4) All the things you Hate in this world, which was not good, will never be done for He had earlier Given man, Laws to prevent the doing of these evil things, but man did not use His Laws but instead made their own and deceived people that it was "good", while they killed people who told Everyone that their laws are a fraud and evil.

So All those bad and evil laws, will not be there eg Crazy Dowry Payment, rubbish letters of administration to take my father's money in the bank, no banks and insurance companies to steal our earnings, no wicked employer who would not pay us earnings or even cut it short after work done,

5) Fair and Just Courts etc

Shelter for all, work for all, food and drink and wine for all.

And oh, the Ground would yield up her increase, no sickness and diseases. Isaiah 65:21-25
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Many many beautiful things and good good things which He did at the beginning (Adam and Eve enjoyed Him and it well well).

1) There would be Fairness and Equality and Just -is (balance).

2) Wickedness and Evil will Not Be Allowed to have a ground to stand (He even said that Evil, Death and Hell would be kept in Eternal Prison Forever, so no Problems from evil).

3) it is His Job and Duty to Provide Food (I love food grin) Shelter. There is nothing like insecurity because everyone and everything Must Do Only Good, even animals will not hurt.

4) All the things you Hate in this world, which was not good, will never be done for He had earlier Given man, Laws to prevent the doing of these evil things, but man did not use His Laws but instead made their own and deceived people that it was "good", while they killed people who told Everyone that their laws are a fraud and evil.

So All those bad and evil laws, will not be there eg Crazy Dowry Payment, rubbish letters of administration to take my father's money in the bank, no banks and insurance companies to steal our earnings, no wicked employer who would not pay us earnings or even cut it short after work done,

5) Fair and Just Courts etc

Shelter for all, work for all, food and drink and wine for all.

And oh, the Ground would yield up her increase, no sickness and diseases. Isaiah 65:21-25

So what do you think we can do to be part of this kingdom?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I don't follow undecided
Well you said that this promise likely applied to the ancient Israel so was it ever fulfilled in their time?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Dtruthspeaker: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Estate duty and Taxes abolished, Land Use Charges and Omo-nile Wickednesses non-existent and No C of O shit on top land that we al came to meet.

No passports or visas (who dey give bird, fish and animals passport na come me a whole me dem say make I come pay at least N70k for passport, Thieves are they)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
Well you said that this promise likely applied to the ancient Israel so was it ever fulfilled in their time?
Of course it was and is still being fulfilled to date.
Abraham, the good man that God made the forever promise to, through his descendants(supposedly good people), still lives in that land in our time.

They have been sacked from it several times but have been eventually returned to the very same land many times over.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Dtruthspeaker: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
So what do you think we can do to be part of this kingdom?

We have to do many many things because many many things are wrong with us.

First, we have to know that many many things which go on around us and which we, ourselves are a part of and we see as normal, Are Not The Plan of the Owner of this world, Who put us in it.

That our Owner and Creator gave us a very Beautiful House (this world), which was very good and left us in it to enjoy it and ourselves togethe. And we too saw that it was indeed very good.

However, by the error of our fore (and five grin) fathers, we took up a very wicked disease, (which He had warned us not to take), which did not Just Only Make Him Very Very very Angry With us but also changed us, into something He did not want us to experience.

But now we are labouring under its effect and while still being in Great Pain over our error, He watched us, how we are handling our new experience.

And we went the Wrong Way!

He completely wiped out our First fore fathers because of this grievous errors and gave us fresh fore father, our present fore father, in Noah.

Many Former Good Things changed and now He issued Laws Clearly.

The Bible gives us the records of both people who Did Well, by His Standards by obeying the Laws He gave and those who did not do well and neither did they obey His Laws.

The Bible shows us the beginning and end of both groups of people and the results of each group is consistent with each other.

Therefore, we who are now the present players have a decision to make on which side of the divide we would like and prefer to be

Having made that decision to obey the Laws of God, there are many things we ought to Know so that we may stay in the path we have chosen, safely and without deviation.

And this is were the conduct, knowledge and actions of those who have been proclaimed to have kept the Law is Paramount and a Map or GPS for us to walk the path nwith diligence and even experience.

And this is where you find the Authority of People like (let me call those who have much accounts of their acts and actions) Jacob, Joseph, my personal favourite Moses and David, the Disciples of Christ, my Personal Person Paul and the Lord of All, my very Best and First Choice, the Lord God Himself, called Christ Jesus)
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
For not do-wells, People of Sodom and Gomorrah, Judah's Sons -Er and Onan, Eli's sons, the Children of Israel- Heey! (Dier disobedience, rebellion and wickedness in spite of the Great Goodness of God in their lives. Most people in the world and in Nigeria are exactly like them, but they will deny it, like they do). Kings Of isreal, Pharisees and Sadducees and the scribes and the people of Nazareth.

The records of evil people are even more than those who kept the Commandment.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Andy15(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Of course it was and is still being fulfilled to date.
Abraham, the good man that God made the forever promise to, through his descendants(supposedly good people), still lives in that land in our time.

They have been sacked from it several times but have been eventually returned to the very same land many times over.
but i hope you know that God no longer supports the present isreal instead he supports christians so how would the prophecy still be fulfilled on todays isreal
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Kobojunkie: 7:02am On Jun 17, 2020
Andy15:
but i hope you know that God no longer supports the present isreal instead he supports christians so how would the prophecy still be fulfilled on todays isreal
Where did God tell you this? Jesus Christ never said this, and He is the New covenant and all. Jeremiah and Isaiah never hinted at God dumping Israel on others, and neither did any of the "lesser" prophets. -undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is God's Kingdom by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where did God tell you this? Jesus Christ never said this, and He is the New covenant and all. Jeremiah and Isaiah never hinted at God dumping Israel on others, and neither did any of the "lesser" prophets. -undecided undecided undecided

God's promise to Abraham was a continuity of the promise made from the beginning to rescue obedient mankind from sin and death {Genesis 3:15} so God will bless the whole earth by means of Abraham's seed note the singular use of seed not seeds {Galatians 3:16} so the Israelites erroneously taught themselves that God's promises to Abraham involves all of them {Matthew 3:9} whereas God was only referring to just one person!
Jacob their father foretold that the promise will tarry until the coming of Christ {Genesis 49:10} Moses told them that the laws he's presenting to them will only guide them to prepare for the coming of the Christ who will later show them the way to salvation {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} but it's just pathetic that when the Christ finally arrived this people failed to recognize him so the blessings they were expecting now belongs not to them anymore but only to whoever believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ! John 1:9-13

So Jesus cursed Jerusalem and it's inhabitants {Matthew 23:37-38} that was the same city where he was accused, arrested, charged, arraigned, judged, sentenced and executed all on falsehood!

His followers began preaching and teaching in his name after God has released his holy spirit to prove that the time to claim the promise he made to Abraham has come {Act 2:16-18 compare to Joel 2:28} but instead of this Israelites to rejoice they were persecuting and killing Jesus' followers!

So my friend that land has no place in God's kingdom anymore, that's why Jesus told his aggrieved Jewish followers to forget about Jerusalem because he is going to prepare a place for the kingdom seat somewhere else {John 14:1-4} all those blessings now belongs to whoever believe in Jesus (God's only begotten son) the land of Israel is doom!

God bless you! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Book Of The Bible Presents The Complete Gospel? / Mike Bamiloye Celebrates Evangelist Wole Olaleye, Says; ” He Is One Of The Most / What Does It Mean To Be Christlike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.