Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant (350 Views)

Marijuana And COVID-19 Pandemic. / Marijuana Has Been Deemed Essential — But Essential For Whom? / A Man Collapses After Taking Marijauna And Tramadol In Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by MyExpression(m): 10:32am On May 28, 2020
It is high time some respectable members of the society came out to debate in defence of the use of Marijuana and Tramadol.

I believe there are morally upright people in the society who use these drugs as antidepressants.

Not everyone smokes, gets high and start misbehaving.
It's on record that most musicians from all genre take marijuana either to boost their inspiration or to ease the pressures of limelight. Politicians are also known to be in this box.

Are there other affordable antidepressants that can be gotten from the counter?

My personal experience...

Sometime 2yrs ago, when I just started working, at a point, I had to use Tramadol to sustain myself till the month's end.
I had used the greater part of my salary to buy some essential household needs.

Tramadol is known to reduce hunger.

With 100mg of TM per day, one can survive on just one meal per day.
I usually took it immediately after breakfast and I don't eat anything else till 7-8pm. I lived on N400 daily for 20days...thanks to TM.

Even during my NYSC, it helped me stand and teach through all the class load that a typical private secondary school throws on corps members.

It also helped me endure body aching long distance interstate day and night trips.

Furthermore, for these past two months of joblessness and pennilessness due to lockdown, I've been using marijuana to both keep my sanity and cut feeding cost.
Contrary to popular opinion, weed doesn't make everyone hungry. I take it after breakfast and I don't get pangs of hunger till evening.

However, possession of marijuana is illegal on Nigeria, with a jail time of 14yrs max.

Tramadol production has been banned in Nigeria due to distribution control abuse.

I don't see myself as an addict. I have at some point consumed up to 700mg of TM in a day(this happened once, usually the body naturally craves for more)...but as soon as it became expensive, I stopped taking it.

6months afterwards, I discovered weed could substitute rightly; so I adopted weed.

I am a respectable member of my community. I have a good job in which I'm at the lower management cadre. I pray and attend church dedicatedly. I do not smoke outside my apartment. I do not constitute nuisance in any form.

A bad person is a bad person. The use makes no significant difference.

Conclusively, there are people who use Tramadol and marijuana responsibly. These substances are legal in other countries because they are good in themselves, and there is controlled dispensation.

Instead of throwing the baby away with the bathing water, NAFDAC should do their due diligence.

Post covid-19 would bring with it so many mental depression, not just economic.

People have lost jobs and means of income, more will follow.
Post covid-19 economy would require skills upgrade and mental shift to adapt to the new change that has befallen us.

In the light of this, let our nation be ready for either increased number of suicides or robbery...or just supply us with legal antidepressant drugs.

I rest my case.

Re: Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by Vyzz: 10:36am On May 28, 2020
grin
Re: Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by GraGra247(m): 11:06am On May 28, 2020
You want to legalize madness to help treat craziness.
From frying pan to fire.

1 Like

Re: Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by DonBenny77(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2020
Seconded! In weed we trust
Legalise today!

1 Like

Re: Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by MyExpression(m): 11:37pm On May 28, 2020
GraGra247:
You want to legalize madness to help treat craziness.

From frying pan to fire.

Would you say the same bout other foreign countries that have legalized weed? Jamaica, Canada et al.

And Tramadol is still a counter drug in most West African countries.
Control is the only reason TM and codeine cough syrup were banned.
Re: Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by GraGra247(m): 3:50am On May 29, 2020
MyExpression:

Would you say the same bout other foreign countries that have legalized weed? Jamaica, Canada et al.

And Tramadol is still a counter drug in most West African countries.
Control is the only reason TM and codeine cough syrup were banned.

I've always said the same about all other countries. Crime rate, violence and murders have more than tripled in those countries. There's no control in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Appeal To Legalize Marijuana And Tramadol as Post covid-19 antidepressant by MyExpression(m): 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
FOLLOW UP:

I've stopped taking weed since 1st of June...and through out this week, I've been having bouts of trauma/hypnosis whenever I shut my eyes to sleep.
Same thing happened to me for bout a month after I stopped taking Tramadol 2yrs ago.

However, I'm not troubled by these experiences cos I'm already used to it and I know it will fade out after a while...2months tops.
I'm more concerned bout my temperaments. I get easily irritated these days and also effing hungry...and this is the worst time to be hungry.
I have food stuff at home but since we don't know when the interstate lockdown is ending and work resuming, I don't want to exhaust my foodstuffs before then.

Tonight, I'll go use my last 5H to buy weed...to augment my feeding.
I don't want to resort to begging.

#LegalizeWeed

(1) (Reply)

Npower: Does This Mean It Was Successfully submitted Without Getting The Mail / Get Free Online Courses At Harvard University | With Certificate. / Why I Built Modern Toilet Facility For Eke Amangwu Traders, Hon Nonso Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.