Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? (346 Views)

Fascism: Get Ready To Defend Your Country, PDP Charges Nigerians / If You Are The President Of Your Country What Will You Do? / Princess Oyenike Oyedele Roberts Contesting For President Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by sesameq: 1:38pm On May 28, 2020
Let's assume that you happened to be the president of your country.

What are the things that you will do to make it great, better and a pride amongst the nations of the world?

Please don't mention Buhari or anybody here. Just state your vision and propaganda as a leader that has good things in place for his people.

Years back, there was Vision 2020: 20, that was to make Nigeria one of the most promising and most formidable counties of the world by the year 2020. Whilst some of those dreams have been achieved and accomplished, some of them are still water under the bridge.

Let's discuss this together.

Thanks!!
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by psucc(m): 2:03pm On May 28, 2020
In Nigeria, the first assignment after swearing in would be to revoke any license to PHCN from generating to distribution, disband NERC, and sack all workers within the power sector.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by VaselineCrew: 2:05pm On May 28, 2020
First assignment, review the police and armed forces.

New examinations would need to be taken, including human rights exams.

I will sometimes be present on the graduation day of new police/army members.

Law and order is one of the foundations of a great country.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by DankemzI(m): 2:09pm On May 28, 2020
I'll decentralize the government, back to regional government.
Fix power and start production of steel.
Ban the importation of everything, we must export and produce what we use as a nation.
secure our maritime
make security top-notch.
then revive technical colleges with a new curriculum consisting of Ai, Robotics and ICT
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by LukasPodolski: 2:09pm On May 28, 2020
it''ll almost be impossible to transform NIGERIA because of diversity, I will make Nyamiris suffer more.

The only way out is Division, but sadly NIGERIA will never break.

Nyamiris must continue to suffer from 1966 event.

I'm in my house come and beat me.
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by socialmediaman: 2:10pm On May 28, 2020
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by Jokerman(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2020
Jail or kill some people legally or covertly
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by psucc(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:
Jail or kill some people legally or covertly
Please name those that would make your list.
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by Jokerman(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2020
psucc:
Please name those that would make your list.

Only money thieves I will kill especially those that steal billions
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by Blackmann001: 6:11pm On May 28, 2020
I will simply begin state investment in critical sector...using china's development model to grow Nigeria
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by psucc(m): 6:29pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:

Only money thieves I will kill especially those that steal billions
hah ah ah i don gather stones, just mention some of them you know
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by sesameq: 9:26pm On May 29, 2020
like the border was closed now, I will totally close the border for life. any thing we need must be produced locally, if you can't produce it then go and think.

then I will address this issue of restructuring or whatever. all the states should control their raw materials and resources. aboki guys should go and think, crude oil is not for everybody. zamfara has gold, so why is it poor? ekiti has mineral resources, let them tap it. ebonyi has rice farms, let them work, no more monkey dey work babbon dey chop, let the Niger delta keep all their oil money.

you ask how will fg get money. ALL the states will be paying taxes based on their igr and income. if you can't pay salary, that your own problem, no bail out for you, no Paris club or abacha loot, I will not give any state one naira.

you said I am dreaming. yes a dream is a space of life you want to occupy in the future. big things starts with dreams
Re: If You Were The President Of Your Country: What Would You Do? by psucc(m): 12:11pm On May 30, 2020
sesameq:
like the border was closed now, I will totally close the border for life. any thing we need must be produced locally, if you can't produce it then go and think.

then I will address this issue of restructuring or whatever. all the states should control their raw materials and resources. aboki guys should go and think, crude oil is not for everybody. zamfara has gold, so why is it poor? ekiti has mineral resources, let them tap it. ebonyi has rice farms, let them work, no more monkey dey work babbon dey chop, let the Niger delta keep all their oil money.

you ask how will fg get money. ALL the states will be paying taxes based on their igr and income. if you can't pay salary, that your own problem, no bail out for you, no Paris club or abacha loot, I will not give any state one naira.

you said I am dreaming. yes a dream is a space of life you want to occupy in the future. big things starts with dreams
If i were you, I'll first adopt policies that will spur internal production at such a competitive rate with foreign goods with a timeframe. Thus, it will reduce suffering.

You gat hold of Nigeria's problem.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike Loyalist, Odiari Princewill Dies From COVID-19 In Rivers / Nigerians Are Hypocrites. What Is The Difference Between Tribalism And Racism?? / Edo APC Primary: Court Sustains Order Restraining Oshiomhole, INEC, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.