Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene (868 Views)

Brazil's Most Violent Gang Escapes Prison By Digging A Tunnel, Seen On CCTV / 60% ROI: Dominic Joshua Ngene Arrested Over N2 Billion Fraud (Photo) / Adulfatai Adebowale Remanded In Prison By Kwara State High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by RichFoundation(m): 11:44am On May 29, 2020
MY VISIT TO ENUGU MAXIMUM PRISON

Today, I visited Enugu prisons to donate palliatives.
The gory smell and looks from the inmates indicated that, all was not going well.

It was built with a capacity of containing 638 inmates but currently housing over 2000 human, in which 1505 are on awaiting trials: a correctional centre?

This calls for more assistance from the general public in extending their benevolence to the prisoners by also including them as palliative recipients.

I plead and call on the State Government, to as a matter of urgency, look into the plights of some of these prisoners and decongest the prisons in line with the presidential directive on prisons decongestion as part of covid-19 curtailing strategy.

It is also time for Enugu State ministry of Justice, to act and save more lives. These people are human too.

kindly contemplate on the following :

What if Corona Virus enters Enugu prisons?

What if another disease breaks out from there?

Prisoners are still humans.
Let us remember them at this point in time.

Thanks.

Richard Ngene.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by IJOBA2: 11:45am On May 29, 2020
RichFoundation:
MY VISIT TO ENUGU MAXIMUM PRISON

Today, I visited Enugu prisons to donate palliatives.
The gory smell and looks from the inmates indicated that, all was not going well.

It was built with a capacity of containing 638 inmates but currently housing over 2000 human, in which 1505 are on awaiting trials: a correctional centre?

This calls for more assistance from the general public in extending their benevolence to the prisoners by also including them as palliative recipients.

I plead and call on the State Government, to as a matter of urgency, look into the plights of some of these prisoners and decongest the prisons in line with the presidential directive on prisons decongestion as part of covid-19 curtailing strategy.

It is also time for Enugu State ministry of Justice, to act and save more lives. These people are human too.

kindly contemplate on the following :

What if Corona Virus enters Enugu prisons?

What if another disease breaks out from there?

Prisoners are still humans.
Let us remember them at this point in time.

Thanks.

Richard Ngene.
OK MY BROTHERS WILL SOON BE HERE TO CALL OUR IBO BRETHREN ALL SORTS OF NAMES
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by Emmacolinho(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2020
Nah the matter we dey try settle laidis btw e be like say na the excos hang for up
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by PureGoldh(m): 12:18pm On May 29, 2020
Nigerian prisons na "mini hell" e be
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by Adaibeku(f): 12:44pm On May 29, 2020
And foolish ladied goes to pastors for husbands, see where husbands are dumped out of wickedness , Nigeria d most religious country in d world , but Satanists in Europe can do dis 2 prisoners !.

Any idiots who still bears Christian is cursed 4 life , useless country ,n in dat prison I know 70% are graduates, all is d fault of yorubas who sabotaged igbos n southern Nigeria twice from discarding hausa, see how we copy d hellish ideologies of fulanis ! Curse be on religion
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by Adaibeku(f): 12:51pm On May 29, 2020
98% will avoid dis thread , but talk about biafra dey will come to attack someone who mearnt well, ewwww! I curse d day I became a black lady, I curse d day I came to Nigeria, I curse 1914...mods u can remove my comments or ban me , no problem
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by AhoadaRivers: 12:54pm On May 29, 2020
Until politicians, judges, ministers are jailed in the same prison infrastructure it will never change.
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by manny4u(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2020
OP, please i want to believe you got that picture from the internet because it is a bit exaggerated, I know our prison system is very dehumanizing. that aside what happened to the implementation prison bill that was signed last year by PMB?
Re: My Visit To Enugu Maximum Prison By Richard Ngene by Karemarealty288(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2020
If you can't do the time....don't do the crime.

(1) (Reply)

“i’m In Tears” - See What A Man Found Inside The Carton Of An Iphone He Bought F / Google Advises Android Users To Delete These 24 Banned Apps / Drunk Hushman Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.