Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? (458 Views)

My Dad Swears That I’ll Never Become Useful In Life, Chases Me Out Of The House / #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? / Lady Shares Opinion On Women Not Having Children Against Husband's Wish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by zedegit: 1:33pm On May 29, 2020
God parents made up of the God father and God mother are couple who stand for the child during christening/child baptism ceremony in some churches.

Those who established the Godfather and Godmother notion did it to secure the child's future from childhood to adulthood.
Granted some will say your God parents owe you nothing.If that were the case, why take responsibility because equally your parents owe you nothing and could have also ceded you to motherless babies home.

Why I'm saying this is after many years, I just got information that my God mother asked after me, this is after many years. I wonder if I would still recognize her face now.

Do you have contact with your God parents and do you think God parents are playing their role in one's life?
If you are a Godparent, how have you been caring about your Godchild? A palliative from one's God parents could mean a lot, you know?

Lalasticlala
RoyalRoy
mynd44
puskin
Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by Vyzz: 1:34pm On May 29, 2020
grin
Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by SenorFax(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2020
Well, sometimes they watch from afar but taking responsibilities even when you think it's anonymous.

But some people who are unable to feed themselves claiming godmothers and godfathers makes me laugh

Being one without being responsible if absolute foolishness. Most people don't know what it means, they think it's just a title.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by Shellsploit: 2:00pm On May 29, 2020
God parents grin
Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by wheenie(f): 4:41pm On May 29, 2020
personally I have only met my god parents once, when I was little.

The Nigerian culture doesnt really value this things, to them godparents is just a necessity for baptising your child in the church, so it doesn't matter to them
Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by frozen70(f): 8:02pm On May 29, 2020
It think the initial purpose of this God father was to link you up with some one who can stand for you as a mentor and guardian

He is supposed to be your second parents

But hardship, harsh economy and lack of constant communication has made the purpose to be defeated
Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by tobechi74: 8:42pm On May 29, 2020
God father should be your spiritual father. not second parent. he is to advice u when u are backsliding
Re: Opinion: Are Godparents Useful Or Not??? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
Useles

(1) (Reply)

Clean Samsung 1.5HP Indoor Unit(only)for Sale / Mother Of Triplets Living In Uncompleted Building Cries For Help: Video / I Got A Free Lap Dance!!�� | Collab With The Beautiful Nazor Ezeh | Day In The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.