Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 (960 Views)

21 Plugins To Efficiently Manage Wordpress Multi-author Blogs / Wordpress Hackers Are Using Vulnerable Plugins To Gain Access To Sites / 10 Brilliant Wordpress Plugins To Monetize Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2020
Having the right plugins for your WordPress Blog, can systematically improve the functionality, capability, and efficiency of your site both for yourself and your readers.
It no news that WordPress users are always in search of Best Plugins to use on their Backend for various functions...

Today, I’ll be compelling My List of Top 13 wordpress plugins worth using on your Blog! So let’s get started. cheesy

1. Elementor Page Builder
2. Yoast SEO
3. WP Rocket
4. WordFence Security
5. WP Smush
6. WP Schema
7. Easy Table of Contents
8. WPForms Lite
9. MonsterInsights
10. UpdraftPlus
11. All 404 to HomePage
12. Pretty Links Pro
13. WP Mail SMTP

1. Elementor Page Builder - Elementor Page builder is one of the most effective and easy-to-use WordPress page builder plugins on the market today.
At only $50/year for a single website, Elementor is well worth the money and will allow you to quickly and professionally create gorgeous pages.

2. Yoast SEO - When it comes to SEO, Yoast is one of the most popular WordPress plugin of all time. Out of all the WordPress SEO plugins, Yoast offers the most comprehensive solution with all the features and tools that you need to improve your on-page SEO.

3. WP Rocket - Among other too cache plugins, WP Rocket is the best for speeding up and optimizations of your Wordpress blog, with a premium version which Boast of Advanced functions and easy to setup with few Clicks.

4. Wordfence Security - Wordfence Security consists of Anti-virus, Firewall and Malware Scan, no argument its the best free security plugin, if you have the money go for pro, the pro lets you block traffic from certain countries. For example, I block all non-English traffic as I don't need it and saves the bandwidth. Plus Russian and Chinese bots and hackers. Stay safe on WP!

5. WP Smush - WP Smush is an image optimization plugin, that allows you to optimize images without losing quality. Among other top related plugins. The WP Smush pro version provides more advanced features unlike Imagify and Shortpixel.

6. WP Schema - WP schemas enables website owners & marketers to create schema markups without writing a single line of code.. It helps search engines like (Google,Bing and co) understands your website pages and also improve your search appearance.

7. Easy Table of Contents - ETC will help you add a table of contents to your blog very easily. This plugin can automatically scan your headings throughout a post and create the table of contents, which is fixed in the page display.

8. WP Forms - Beginner friendly WordPress contact form plugin. Use our Drag & Drop form builder to create your WordPress forms.

9. MonsterInsights - MonsterInsights does several different things to help you work with Google Analytics on WordPress. Helps you see google analytics advance stats on your blog and also add Google Analytics tracking script to your site without needing to edit any code

10. UpdraftPlus - UpdraftPlus is the most popular WordPress backup plugin on the market. It allows you to set up automatic backups and safely store them on a remote location like Google Drive, Dropbox, S3, Rackspace, FTP, email, and more.

11. All 404 to Homepage - All 404 to Homepage takes perfect control of your 404 Error page and redirects them to Homepage either by 301 or 302 or others, without the use of .Htaccess File. Say farewell to error Pages killing your Rank.

12. Pretty links Pro - Pretty Links Pro is one of the best link management plugins for WordPress. It allows you to easily manage affiliate links while making it easy make your affiliate links short and memorable for sharing.

13. WP Mail SMTP - Reconfigures the wp_mail() function to use Gmail/Mailgun/SendGrid/SMTP instead of the default mail().

Bonus:-
Broken Link Checker: Helps find broken or dead links on your website
WP Automatic: The Best Auto Blogging Plugin, create Contents from feeds,amazon,ebay and etcs.
Google xml sitemap: The best xml sitemap to use by Google.
WPTouch: Get a mobile responsive version of your Blog with a Click!

Finally, i think all this listed Plugins will Enhance and improve your Wordpress Blogging experiences.

Thank you for reading with me, and do let me know of any Plugins you feel deserves to be on this List. cheesy

Cc: Seun , adewasco2k, Slyr0x

1 Like

Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 8:10pm On May 29, 2020
Watch out for my Next Article. I’ll be discussing on an interesting Topic. Thank you. wink
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by Veiniously: 9:24am On May 30, 2020
do u have blog?
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 1:05pm On May 30, 2020
Veiniously:
do u have blog?

Yeah i do have some blogs, and i also run Wordpress setup and SEO for Other ranking blogs on Google.

1 Like

Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by Veiniously: 3:20pm On May 30, 2020
WPVault:

Yeah i do have some blogs, and i also run Wordpress setup and SEO for Other ranking blogs on Google.
i wanna join an affliate programme but i dont know which to
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2020
Veiniously:
i wanna join an affliate programme but i dont know which to
It depends on your niche and blog contents.
Amazon
Ebay
ShareASale
ClickBank
Shopify
Rakuten
you can also try our local affiliates like Jumia, Konga but i haven’t used them before and if you run a tech blog, you should try Amazon, their commission is nice. cheesy
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by Veiniously: 9:33pm On May 30, 2020
WPVault:

It depends on your niche and blog contents.
Amazon
Ebay
ShareASale
ClickBank
Shopify
Rakuten
you can also try our local affiliates like Jumia, Konga but i haven’t used them before and if you run a tech blog, you should try Amazon, their commission is nice. cheesy
thanks but is it worth my time i mean affiliating how has it been since you are in the game
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 10:03pm On May 30, 2020
Veiniously:
thanks but is it worth my time i mean affiliating how has it been since you are in the game
Affiliate marketing is the bigger Cash bag, all comes down to investments, are you ready to invest on Social Media ads, SEO or google adword among other ways to generate nice earnings for you.

My personal experience..
Made some nice bucks from affiliates in the past and while now I’m not into affiliate marketing.. Full Time Freelancer....and SEO is my Gig.
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by 01Decent(m): 10:29pm On May 30, 2020
Do you know you can design a full fledged and feature rich website (blogsite, affiliate site, e-commerce website, educational and business websites) yourself without the help of anyone? you can as well easily monetize it with our step by step guidelines.
the sweetest part is that if after reading through our guidelines, you still find it difficult designing it on your own, you can always contact us for help and we'll help design it at no extra cost.

You can now learn how to design and monetize any site of your choice with our comprehensive guide.

Kindly sign up for a free account today

visit: https://www.thedecentworld.com/register
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by Sanchez01: 7:27am On May 31, 2020
WPVault:

1. Elementor Page Builder
Elementor is as good as WPBakery. As a matter of fact, WPBakery is much robust than Elementor. Plus, this shouldn't even be on this list because not every blog require heavy modifications. At best, websites built on WP need page builders more than blogs.

So, except you're building a website using WordPress, you're not likely to need pagebuilders.

Plus, there's a limit to the level of customization you can make with pagebuilders, particularly if you're using the freemium version, and that includes the Elementor you referenced.

2. Yoast SEO
Yoast is good and one of the best SEO plugins as well as the most popular but AIOSEOP is a 100 times better than Yoast. The only area Yoast trumps AIOSEOP is with its add ons which are pricy.

There's always the option to choose between SEO plugins depending on what your niche is. Plus, Yoast is largely unstable no thanks to its everyday update.

For Publishers who want total SEO control, AIOSEOP is the choice SEO plugin between both.

However, for newbie publishers who are only starting out, Yoast is preferred.

3. WP Rocket
This is a premium-only plugin and I'm wondering why it is listed when there are free plugins to speed up your website.

Here, I'll recommend WP-Optimize over WP Rocket as it has a free version that does incredibly well and caches perfectly.

Relying on a plugin alone to cache your website is unwise. For publishers who value user experience, they know better than to serve their contents over a CDN.

A free CDN to use is Cloudflare. Not only will it allow you cache your website but also speed it up using Brotli, which is better than Gzip. Interestingly, Gzip is what WP Rocket uses in compressing files. So it is a win-win for anyone who uses Cloudflare and WP-Optimize as they will not only have to use it for free but also get the best out of them, performance-wise.

4. WordFence Security
The security of every site is crucial, particularly those built on WP. The premium version of Wordfence is more expensive compared to iThemes' but its free version works well tool. This is a go.
5. WP Smush
Smush has been known to harm websites than help them. Plus, the free version is greatly limited to a few things one can do.

It is notorious for making images disappear at some point. For bigger blogs with many contents, this can be a nightmare.

I'll recommend everyone to stay away from it, as much as possible. Upload or use images that will not stress your bandwidth, set their sizes appropriately and cache them.

This plugin is not essential, particularly when one sets up Cloudflare and WP-Optimize.

6. WP Schema
Schema is one of the thousand and one reasons why AIOSEOP is better than Yoast. It is integrated in the plugin. Of course, structured data and schema markups are becoming more and more necessary for SEO.

For those who aren't using AIOSEOP, you'll need either WP Schema, which is a premium plugin or Schema (free and can be downloaded in the plugin repository)

7. Easy Table of Contents
This is not an essential plugin.
8. WPForms Lite
There are so many forms plugin. The lite version of WPForms is limited. There are freemium contact forms and one of them is "Contact Forms by WPForms" and it is totally free.
9. MonsterInsights
Why use a plugin that only shows you a few things about your site's analytics when you can open a new tab and see all the limitless options on Google Analytics? This is not recommended.

10. UpdraftPlus
RECOMMENDED.

11. All 404 to HomePage
A good SEO plugin, particularly its pro version. Yoast SEO premium has a redirect feature when one deletes a post or a page.

12. Pretty Links Pro
This is not needed, particularly if you are not into affiliate marketing.

13. WP Mail SMTP
Needed when there are issues with sending mails from WordPress.

Most of the plugins are not essential plugins.
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by Werber: 8:46am On May 31, 2020
WPVault, your marketing ploy is good, I give it to you.

You sell themes you can't explain their sources and how you got them, claim you are a reseller to only God-knows-who without a reseller details of who you represent and then admitted that you do

WPVault:

Well, well well. My seller as a Mega WP vault where all latest Premium items are uploaded on and updated, so i don’t have a reseller account but these plugins can be shared and re-sold, because it as no license requirements according to my Valid seller, which I tested myself.

Pardon my spellings and punctuations cus English is not my native language.

Dear Dominique, adewasco2k, Slyr0x, this is the same person as PrinceOgun and his mission is simple; have this content get on front page while the link in his signature is the goal he intends to get to a wider reach.

He has thousands of premium themes that he cannot tell their sources. However, he claims he is a reseller to some cooked up person. With his PrinceOgun account way back, he claimed he was a reseller to a Nairalander working in a huge tech company abroad and it turned out the handle was his and was later busted.

Also note that the WPVault account was registered on May 28, 2020, less than five days ago and has delved into selling the same things as his previous handle, with almost the same tale.

The themes he sells are nulled and can be found everywhere online. Those who download them do so at the detriment of their sites because they are riddled with malware and .php back door codes for those who provide them for free.

Premium themes are expensive are NO ONE GIVES IT OUT JUST FOR FREE AFTER PAYING IN DOLLARS FOR THEM.

Please ask WPVault to provide proof of his purchase or reseller account. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2020
Thank you. cool

Sanchez01:

Elementor is as good as WPBakery. As a matter of fact, WPBakery is much robust than Elementor. Plus, this shouldn't even be on this list because not every blog require heavy modifications. At best, websites built on WP need page builders more than blogs.

So, except you're building a website using WordPress, you're not likely to need pagebuilders.

Plus, there's a limit to the level of customization you can make with pagebuilders, particularly if you're using the freemium version, and that includes the Elementor you referenced.

Yoast is good and one of the best SEO plugins as well as the most popular but AIOSEOP is a 100 times better than Yoast. The only area Yoast trumps AIOSEOP is with its add ons which are pricy.

There's always the option to choose between SEO plugins depending on what your niche is. Plus, Yoast is largely unstable no thanks to its everyday update.

For Publishers who want total SEO control, AIOSEOP is the choice SEO plugin between both.

However, for newbie publishers who are only starting out, Yoast is preferred.

This is a premium-only plugin and I'm wondering why it is listed when there are free plugins to speed up your website.

Here, I'll recommend WP-Optimize over WP Rocket as it has a free version that does incredibly well and caches perfectly.

Relying on a plugin alone to cache your website is unwise. For publishers who value user experience, they know better than to serve their contents over a CDN.

A free CDN to use is Cloudflare. Not only will it allow you cache your website but also speed it up using Brotli, which is better than Gzip. Interestingly, Gzip is what WP Rocket uses in compressing files. So it is a win-win for anyone who uses Cloudflare and WP-Optimize as they will not only have to use it for free but also get the best out of them, performance-wise.

The security of every site is crucial, particularly those built on WP. The premium version of Wordfence is more expensive compared to iThemes' but its free version works well tool. This is a go.

Smush has been known to harm websites than help them. Plus, the free version is greatly limited to a few things one can do.

It is notorious for making images disappear at some point. For bigger blogs with many contents, this can be a nightmare.

I'll recommend everyone to stay away from it, as much as possible. Upload or use images that will not stress your bandwidth, set their sizes appropriately and cache them.

This plugin is not essential, particularly when one sets up Cloudflare and WP-Optimize.

Schema is one of the thousand and one reasons why AIOSEOP is better than Yoast. It is integrated in the plugin. Of course, structured data and schema markups are becoming more and more necessary for SEO.

For those who aren't using AIOSEOP, you'll need either WP Schema, which is a premium plugin or Schema (free and can be downloaded in the plugin repository)

This is not an essential plugin.

There are so many forms plugin. The lite version of WPForms is limited. There are freemium contact forms and one of them is "Contact Forms by WPForms" and it is totally free.

Why use a plugin that only shows you a few things about your site's analytics when you can open a new tab and see all the limitless options on Google Analytics? This is not recommended.

RECOMMENDED.

A good SEO plugin, particularly its pro version. Yoast SEO premium has a redirect feature when one deletes a post or a page.

This is not needed, particularly if you are not into affiliate marketing.

Needed when there are issues with sending mails from WordPress.

Most of the plugins are not essential plugins.
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by WPVault(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2020
Ignorance is Bliss

Werber:
WPVault, your marketing ploy is good, I give it to you.

You sell themes you can't explain their sources and how you got them, claim you are a reseller to only God-knows-who without a reseller details of who you represent and then admitted that you do

Dear Dominique, adewasco2k, Slyr0x, this is the same person as PrinceOgun and his mission is simple; have this content get on front page while the link in his signature is the goal he intends to get to a wider reach.

He has thousands of premium themes that he cannot tell their sources. However, he claims he is a reseller to some cooked up person. With his PrinceOgun account way back, he claimed he was a reseller to a Nairalander working in a huge tech company abroad and it turned out the handle was his and was later busted.

Also note that the WPVault account was registered on May 28, 2020, less than five days ago and has delved into selling the same things as his previous handle, with almost the same tale.

The themes he sells are nulled and can be found everywhere online. Those who download them do so at the detriment of their sites because they are riddled with malware and .php back door codes for those who provide them for free.

Premium themes are expensive are NO ONE GIVES IT OUT JUST FOR FREE AFTER PAYING IN DOLLARS FOR THEM.

Please ask WPVault to provide proof of his purchase or reseller account. Thank you.
Re: 13 Essential WP Plugins To Use On Your Blog 2020 by Werber: 6:17pm On May 31, 2020
WPVault:
Ignorance is Bliss

Serial nulled hustler.

(1) (Reply)

Website Developer Needed For An Ngo Site / Website Review Urgent / Check Out This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.