Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? (698 Views)

Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? / Why Were These Sacred Books Removed From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 29, 2020
Good day nairalanders, I was just searching the internet for new findings and mostly to kill boredom. when I came across the history of the bible, how it has revolutionised in recent years. I discover many wrong things (to me)

1. many times it has been revised (chapters and verses have been removed and added) I may be wrong on the part on bracket.

2. some books were removed from it. 14 and more books were removed. e. g book of Enoch, book of jasper, wisdom of solomon and the other books.

Now my question is, why were they removed? I'd we fast check, the books were still in the Old Testament when John in revelations told us not to remove any word or add any word to what has been said by the prophets. (the Bible)

During the revision period, some of the books were been removed from Old Testament and given a new name, "The anagignoskomena" are Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Wisdom of Jesus ben Sira (Sirach), Baruch, Letter of Jeremiah (in the Vulgate this is chapter 6 of Baruch), additions to Daniel (The Prayer of Azarias, Susanna and Bel and the Dragon), additions to Esther, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, 3 Maccabees, 1 Esdras, i.e. all of the Deuterocanonical books plus 3 Maccabees and 1 Esdras.

During the revision period of the bible, translating it from one language to another, those books were called different names but we're still in the Bible,

Fast forward to the British Civil Wars (1642–1651) the Bible was revised again and this time those books know as(anagignoskomena books, Vulgate Old Testament,apocryphal or non-canonical books in different times ) were removed totally from our bible.

my question goes like this.

1. why were those books removed from the Bible?

2. should we still believe the Bible as the complect word of God?

3. have the enemy of God not hidden truths from us as Christians by removing does books from the Bible? some of those books were clearly in the Old Testament during when Christ was with us in human form.

I need answers, thanks.

Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by McTEE10(m): 8:50pm On May 29, 2020
Your questions are valid, just keep them till the day you get to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Amujale(m): 8:51pm On May 29, 2020
Eventhough i get your point, the bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.

4 Likes

Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On May 29, 2020
book of jasher
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
book of jasher
yeah, many books were removed. is it that they are toxic or what?
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On May 29, 2020
ebohstepn:
G 1. why were those books removed from the Bible?
Man's need to control his fellow man.
ebohstepn:
2. should we still believe the Bible as the complect word of God?
The Bible is not what you should place your faith in, God is. The Bible, like any other book out there was written, and translated by men, flesh and blood such as your person, many of them fallen. The book is definitely inspired but was not written by the very hands of God as some like to pretend.
ebohstepn:

3. have the enemy of God not hidden truths from us as Christians by removing does books from the Bible? some of those books were clearly in the Old Testament during when Christ was with us in human form.
Who are the enemies of God? undecided
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2020
Why was the 27 after malachi added?... Same reason.. To make it humans governable..
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by extol1(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2020
Amujale:
Eventhough i get your point, the bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.
how would you use those derogatory words against Bible
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Amujale(m): 9:02pm On May 29, 2020
extol1:

how would you use those derogatory words against Bible

Derogatory my foot.

The bible isnt a history textbook.

Go and pick up a proper history textbook.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 29, 2020
Who are the enemies of God? undecided[/quote]
does that do not believe in him. I guess
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Man's need to control his fellow man.
The Bible is not what you should place your faith in, God is. The Bible, like any other book out there was written, and translated by men, flesh and blood such as your person, many of them fallen. The book is definitely inspired but was not written by the very hands of God as some like to pretend.
Who are the enemies of God? undecided

I believe the enemies of God are does that d'nt believe in him... popularly know as anti Christ.
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On May 29, 2020
ebohstepn:
I believe the enemies of God are does that d'nt believe in him... popularly know as anti Christ.
Are His enemies powerful enough to deter God's plan? I don't think so.
Here is what God said about Himself in the book of Jeremiah for instance...

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. This is what the Lord said, “The time is coming when I will make a new agreement with the family of Israel and with the family of Judah.
32. It will not be like the agreement I made with their ancestors. I made that agreement when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. I was their master, but they broke that agreement.” This message is from the Lord.

33. “In the future I will make this agreement with the people of Israel.” This message is from the Lord. “I will put my teachings in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34. People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.”
No matter what the enemies of God do, they cannot take God down because He speaks directly to the minds of those who want to know of Him.
Re: Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Are His enemies powerful enough to deter God's plan? I don't think so.
Here is what God said about Himself in the book of Jeremiah for instance...

No matter what the enemies of God do, they cannot take God down because He speaks directly to the minds of those who want to know of Him.

thanks for this,

(1) (Reply)

4years Old Prophet Ministering On The Street (pics,video) / Just In: Osinbanjo Will Become President--Prophet Nigel Gaisie / God Sowed His Only Begotten Son Jesus (His Seed) To Reap Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.