Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages (1082 Views)

Learn Some Whatsapp Tips, Tricks & Hacks / Some Whatsapp Rules For Nigerians / How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by 9jafreshbaze: 1:47am On May 30, 2020
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has said that Nigerians will start paying stamp duties for some WhatsApp messages, SMS, and messages via any electronic platform acknowledging receipt of funds.

https://www.gistsfanz.com/2020/05/nigerians-to-start-paying-stamp-duties-for-some-whatsapp-messages.html

Stamp duties will also be paid by Nigerians on “POS receipts, fiscalised device receipts, Automated Teller Machine (ATM) print-outs”.

FIRS made this information public through a circular released in April which stated that Nigerians will also be required to pay stamp duties on SMS acknowledging receipt of funds.

READ BELOW:

“ABZ Ltd’s chief accounting officer, after receiving a cash payment of N500,000 from Mr. XYZ on behalf of ABZ Ltd., composed a message which reads: ‘receipt of N500,000 is hereby acknowledged’ and sent same to Mr. XYZ via WhatsApp messenger”.

“In this case, the WhatsApp message acknowledging the receipt of N500,000 constitutes a receipt for which stamp duty is payable.

“Mr XYZ is required to make a disclosure of the details of the transaction using FIRS e-stamp duty platform or to the relevant stamp duties Commissioner. This will lead to assessment and payment of appropriate stamp duties and a consequential issuance of a stamp duty certificate or an acknowledgement.

“Such certificate or acknowledgement will suffice as evidence that stamp duties have been paid and that the electronic receipt has been stamped appropriately.”

“All electronic dutiable instruments or receipts”, including e-mails, short message service (sms), instant messages (IM), any internet-based messaging service, are subject to stamp duty, the circular added.

It also stated that “all printed receipts” and “all electronically generated receipts and any form of electronic acknowledgement of money for dutiable transactions” are liable to duty payment.

https://www.gistsfanz.com/2020/05/nigerians-to-start-paying-stamp-duties-for-some-whatsapp-messages.html

Lalasticlala, Seun, Dominique, Mynd44

2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by AhoadaRivers: 1:49am On May 30, 2020
They spend everyday thinking of innovative ways of stealing from the citizen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by SavageMaster: 3:04am On May 30, 2020
9jafreshbaze:

Lalasticlala, Seun, Dominique, Mynd44

I don't understand that bla bla in that post.

However, my question is this: How is this even possible, to begin with? I thought WhatsApp messages are ENCRYPTED?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by Optional09: 3:13am On May 30, 2020
they want to stop people from interacting and that’s a NoNo for me i rather say what i have to say and die rather than die without saying it life is beautiful don’t give up the fight #revolutionnow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by 9japride(m): 6:08am On May 30, 2020
Evil people everywhere, those posting rubbish about South east, I didn't see you in Southern Kaduna thread to congratulate your blood thirsty brothers for doing the work they usually do all around Nigeria? Vengeful elements whose only work is to spread hatred and propaganda. Fridays you go to mosque to pray and after prayers you resume your wicked acts and expect the world to believe your religion is a religion of peace. A peaceful person will always preach love and unity. I wonder how those molsem guys accommodate such evil elements in their gatherings. It's seems the progress of Igbos is really painful to the wicked ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by Hotspotbro(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2020
When we have Linux? What is FIRS?
Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by sunshineV(f): 11:47am On May 30, 2020
All they think about us tax
Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by BrickDevo: 6:48pm On May 30, 2020
This is not true, fake news
Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by edoairways: 8:18pm On May 30, 2020
Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by skywalker240(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2020
Okay
Re: Nigerians To Start Paying Stamp Duties For Some Whatsapp Messages by Mohbola(f): 10:12pm On May 31, 2020
Nawa oo

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Exceptional Services From Professional Iphone Mini Repair Singapore? / W900i 4 Sale / Need A Universal Moderm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.