Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) (493 Views)

Iguana Lizard Bites Bikini Clad Woman Doing Yoga On The Beach / British Woman Who Carries Her Heart Inside A Backpack To Keep Her Alive (Photos) / School Girl Loses Finger To Lizard Droppings Concoction (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Raphkriz(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2020
A youth Nigerian who is fast becoming a strong hunter of reptiles has captured a monitor lizard devouring the eggs of his birds on his small farm.

Read an account of how the monitor lizard caught and killed by the proud hunter below:

"Just a few days ago, I reported on how one hungry Monitor Lizard devoured 3 eggs and got trapped when he attempted to escape.

Well his younger family member, who is obviously a dumbhead came to check on the slain Lizard whereabouts a day before yesterday, only to be tempted by fresh chicken eggs, and it got trapped in a smaller trap. 

Now, this latest catch was more chilling (and cringing at the same time) because I witness how it was stabbed to eternity. Getting stabbed multiple times is not a good way to die - I could tell from the writhing of the animal as life escaped it.

What baffled me once again is how long these Monitor Lizards' tails are, bigger than some snakes. At the rate at which Lizards are getting caught in my backyard, I think my Papa and his friend must think the gods are mad. It's safe to call this season "Season Of The Monitor Lizard". 

I hope the government passes a law that mandates taxes to paid on animals hunted in the wild. If there was that law right now, my Papa and his friend would be a defaulter. And I would testify in support of the Lizards to have them locked for life. They would soon finish all the goddamn Monitor Lizards and all other reptiles visiting my backyard. 

I am certain the animals are now hotheaded in the creaks, meeting on how to curb this incessant hunting of their folks. I am on their side, after watching the death of one of them in a cold-blooded stabbing routine. 

Lalasticlala, you have to join and let's advocate for non-killings of reptiles. This animals will soon be endangered, and the ecosystem will lack!

I couldn't wait to see how this lizard was skinned and mashed up with spices in the pot of pepper soup - I'm sure it went down with couple 33s and Trophy drinks.

So, there you have it, pictures of the bloody Lizard in the trap below:

Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Amotolongbo(f): 7:48am On May 30, 2020
This is long

RIP (Rest In Pot) to the poor monitor
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by falcon01: 7:51am On May 30, 2020
Yeesh
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by myfan: 7:52am On May 30, 2020
The cage is too small for it.

1 Like

Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by JunctionBox: 7:53am On May 30, 2020
Seen
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by okosodo: 7:53am On May 30, 2020
df
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Mene12(f): 7:56am On May 30, 2020
Meat don set
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On May 30, 2020
Lalasticlala.... I know u like them dead and ready for the pot.....but let’s give this guy some credit for catching a live one
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Freestainworld(m): 8:31am On May 30, 2020
one witch is finally caught.
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Raphkriz(m): 8:55am On May 30, 2020
hmm
Re: Excited Nigerian Man Catches Big Monitor Lizard Alive(photos) by Felyyaks(f): 9:52am On May 30, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Remedy For Hepatits B Or C (cancer, Fatty Liver And Others) / "NEPA 'Took Light' When I Was Undergoing Surgery" - Woman Narrates (Pix) / Nigeria: We Must Act On Nigeria's Population Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.