Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household - Technology Market (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household (32982 Views)

Tecno Pop 2 Power For Sale 15k / 24/7 Solar Power For Your Office And Home With Payment Plan / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 11:04am On Mar 30
Good morning, I want to get batteries for a 2.5kva or 1.5kva hybrid inverter. I just noticed that two 220ah batteries give a total of 440ah at 594k while four 150ah batteries gives a total of 600ah at 580k. By my local man logic, the 150ah option seems better to me cus I get about 160ah more battery capacity. Pls, those who are experts, is this my logic correct and can I go for this 150ah option?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by VonScott(m): 5:26pm On Apr 04
Evening bro, what solar solution would you recommed/adopt for a BQ or one bedroom in todays current dispensation (economy wise and market availability)?

hp notebook - 45W
akt lightbulb - 2 nos @ 5W
smartphone charging - 2 nos @ 10W
ox fan - 80W

total load: 155W
Also, laptop & led bulb takes most priority and needs to be able to last at least about 6hrs at night.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:19pm On Apr 04
VonScott:
Evening bro, what solar solution would you recommed/adopt for a BQ or one bedroom in todays current dispensation (economy wise and market availability)?

hp notebook - 45W
ox fan - 80W

Also, laptop & led bulb takes most priority and needs to be able to last at least about 6hrs at night.

Economy no wise this period grin.
But if you want to go cheap, lithium power kit would have been a very good option for you if you had a DC fan.

But considering your current load
Just budget 600k up

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by VonScott(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05
Obnoxious2001:

But if you want to go cheap, lithium power kit would have been a very good option for you if you had a DC fan.

Just budget 600k up

grin. Thanks bro, will look into the lithium power kit thing.
Speaking of DC fan, though this is a DIY thread, what do you think about package deals like this one I saw on jumia?

75Ah Battery
3000Watts/12volt Inverter with inbuilt charger
20A Controller
160W Solar Panel
16inch DC FAN

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by petrusevents(m): 1:31pm On Apr 05
Obnoxious2001:

Just budget 600k up

155w @6hrs on low budget

500 watts sachet inverter 25k
100ah battery 150k
30a solar charger controller 10k
2 150 watts solar panel 90k
and other minor accessory 30k
find an engineer to install it for you and you are good to go.
NB you can go for tokunbo panel to reduce cost.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by VonScott(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05
petrusevents:

155w @6hrs on low budget

100ah battery 150k

(approx300) Thanks for this bro.
I'll take some time to study these numbers ..
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:08pm On Apr 05
petrusevents:

155w @6hrs on low budget

100ah battery 150k

This is almost 400k sad.

The max back he will get is 3hrs. From this set up.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by dollarnaira: 7:54pm On Apr 05
VonScott:

hp notebook - 45W
ox fan - 80W

How long does your battery last after a single charge? I would have sold my set up to but I stopped to advertise because I fell in love with what I built. I can move with it. grin grin grin
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by dollarnaira: 7:57pm On Apr 05
VonScott:

hp notebook - 45W
ox fan - 80W

How long does your battery last after a single charge? I would have sold my set up to but I stopped to advertise because I fell in love with what I built. I can move with it. grin grin grin
Avoid the ox fan

https://www.nairaland.com/7902446/diy-lithium-ion-like-minds/8#129052552
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 6:56am On Apr 06
Good evening all. Under utility charging mode of my inverter, it shows AC maximum charging current of 60A. Should I leave it at 60A or reduce it to 20A (dats what I saw online) while the maximum solar charging current is showing 80A, should I set this to 80A as well? I am using two 220ah tubular batteries

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by VonScott(m): 10:09am On Apr 07
dollarnaira:

Battery is fairly good bro, get around 2hr 30min. Seen your thread, amazing stuff you created. haha that OX is a power hog.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by walexsho(m): 11:29am On Apr 11
This is a Nice thread...
Please what is the latest price of 500watt inverter/charger, Solar charge controller and 180watt solar panel
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 8:53pm On Apr 13
Good evening all. I bought a digital timer to use with my fridge for my inverter. I used it for the first time on Friday and set it to turn on my fridge by 8.30am and turn it off by 3.30pm.

The problem now is that when I got home around 7pm, the fridge was off, since there was light at that time, I turned on the fridge but the fridge is no longer working. It makes a click sound every few minutes, the fridge light is on but the things in the fridge and freezer are not getting cold.

Also, now, when the fridge makes the click sound, the load on the inverter rises to about 800w for a few seconds before dropping down to normal which did not happen before.

What could be the problem?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13
adibo:
Good evening all. I bought a digital timer to use with my fridge for my inverter. I used it for the first time on Friday and set it to turn on my fridge by 8.30am and turn it off by 3.30pm.

The problem now is that when I got home around 7pm, the fridge was off, since there was light at that time, I turned on the fridge but the fridge is no longer working. It makes a click sound every few minutes, the fridge light is on but the things in the fridge and freezer are not getting cold.

Also, now, when the fridge makes the click sound, the load on the inverter rises to about 800w for a few seconds before dropping down to normal which did not happen before.

What could be the problem?

When Plug the fridge directly what is the response?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 10:00pm On Apr 13
Obnoxious2001:

When Plug the fridge directly what is the response?

Same thing. It makes a click sound every few minutes, the fridge light is on but the things in the fridge and freezer are not getting cold

Also, whenever it makes the click sound, the inverter fans start working and the inverter becomes noisy, and the load shows almost 800w before dropping but when before using the digital timer, the fridge never takes the inverter load beyond 300w at any point in time

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13
adibo:

Same thing. It makes a click sound every few minutes, the fridge light is on but the things in the fridge and freezer are not getting cold

Also, whenever it makes the click sound, the inverter fans start working and the inverter becomes noisy, and the load shows almost 800w before dropping but when before using the digital timer, the fridge never takes the inverter load beyond 300w at any point in time

I think your fridge has the problem.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 8:04am On Apr 16
Obnoxious2001:

I think your fridge has the problem.

Good morning, thanks for your response to my question on my fridge, a repairer fixed it yesterday.

Is there any ceiling fan that consumes very low power? Like 10 to 20w?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Penuelseun(m): 9:42am On Apr 16
adibo:

Good morning, thanks for your response to my question on my fridge, a repairer fixed it yesterday.

yeah, qasa DC ceiling fan
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 11:24am On Apr 16
Penuelseun:
yeah, qasa DC ceiling fan

Thanks a lot, I will check it out
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:09pm On Apr 16
adibo:

Quasa ceiling fan
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by adibo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16
Obnoxious2001:

Quasa ceiling fan

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Tekenny: 10:04pm On Apr 21
Please I have a quick question and I'm trying to make plans for it in the future.

what capacity and solar system will be suitable for the following appliances to run 24/7 ?

Charging of phones (4) = 60w
1 laptops = 45w
5 boobs = 39w
42 inches TV = 65w
2 standing fans = 20w

Everything= 229w approximately 250w
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:34am On Apr 22
Tekenny:
Please I have a quick question and I'm trying to make plans for it in the future.

what capacity and solar system will be suitable for the following appliances to run 24/7 ?

1 laptops = 45w
5 boobs = 39w
42 inches TV = 65w
2 standing fans = 20w

1kwp of solar
200ah battery lead battery or 100ah lithium battery
1kva inverter

Modification

I just saw you said 24hrs.
24v is Better @okusbaba quote is valid.

You will need 6pcs of solar panels.
The quotation will give you back up time of 13hrs

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Odunayaw(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22
Tekenny:

1 laptops = 45w
5 boobs = 39w
42 inches TV = 65w
2 standing fans = 20w

I couldn't help but ask 5 what? grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by okusbaba(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22
Tekenny:

1 laptops = 45w
5 boobs = 39w
42 inches TV = 65w
2 standing fans = 20w

1kva inverter 24v
4 150ah battry
60amps charge controller
5 300w panels.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22
Odunayaw:
I couldn't help but ask 5 what? grin

You sure no be Wetin confuse me grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by izzyboi(m): 12:54am On Apr 28
Hello
Please is it advisable to use a ceiling fan of 58W (+/-5W). It's a duravolt fan with a solar set up of 65Ah battery?

Also does charging power bank with the solar set up affect it?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Brand New! 3.5g Universal Internet Modem@N5,999 *08033918429* / For All Your SanDisk Microsd, Flash drives, OTG and all your HDD/SSD / Etisalat Promo Get Etisalat 7gb #1000/15gb #2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.