Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot (1719 Views)

List Of Infinix Devices To Receive Official Android 9.0 P Update / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2020
Infinix has recently released the 9th generation of their Hot series almost 8 months after the last installment.

There are three phones in this generation
1. Infinix Hot 9 Play
2. Infinix Hot 9
3. Infinix Hot 9 Pro

It seems that there would not be a lite version for the generation as the Hot 9 Play seems to be the lite variant here.

The Hot line has been seen as targeted for young people who have a limited budget so phones in this line are budget phones.

Hot 9 Play
SoC: Helio A25 (2/32GB)
Camera: Dual 13+2mp with an 8mp selfie
Battery: 6000mAh
Display: 6.8" 720p screen
Build: Plastic

Hot 9
SoC: Helio A25
Camera: Quad 13+2+2mp+VGA with an 8mp selfie for the 32GB ROM variants
Quad 16+2+2mp+VGA with an 8mp selfie for the 64/128GB variants
Battery: 6000mAh
Display: 6.6" 720p screen

Hot 9 Pro
SoC: Helio P22 (4/64)
Camera: Quad 48+2+2mp+VGA with an 8mp selfie
Battery: 5000mAh
Display: 6.6" 720p screen

Both the Hot 9 and Hot 9 Play are entry level devices and one should not expect much from them. The Hot 9 Pro is the budget device here.

The Infinix Hot 8 lite had almighty lagging issues. I handled the phone for a few days and my experience was horrible. If the data was switched on and notifications were pouring in, the phone was unusable. It also charged very slowly and tended to become unresponsive after some time. The Hot 8 felt better but it also had slow charging issues as well.

With the shift to the new Helio A25, it is expected that the end user's experience should improve but with Mediatek, it's either hit or miss especially at the entry level. I would say that this phone is only good for basic functions (calls, SMS, social media and light games). Do not expect any more from this.

The Hot 9 Pro however comes with the old warhorse Helio P22. With the exception of the bigger battery, this is just the Infinix Hot 8 in a new body with an updated Operating system (Android 10).

Other phones you may consider at this price point include: Nokia 3.2, Nokia 4.2, Redmi 7a, Redmi 8a, Umidigi Power, Samsung A10, A10S and A20.

Is this worth an upgrade? I don't think so.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by TheOdd1sOut: 9:47am On May 30, 2020
This is a very honest review

Watch as Transsion marketers Will attack and twist this to their own linking

Which ever phone you're using, even if its hot 7, don't bother to upgrade grin
This phone is not worth any body's Money at all

Even redmi note 4 is better than it software and hardware wise.

14 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by DontBullshitMe: 9:50am On May 30, 2020
Battery + plastic = Tecno and Infinix devices.

7 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 10:02am On May 30, 2020
TheOdd1sOut:
This is a very honest review

Watch as Transsion marketers Will attack and twist this to their own linking

Which ever phone you're using, even if its hot 7, don't bother to upgrade grin
This phone is not worth any body's Money at all

Even redmi note 4 is better than it software and hardware wise.

They'll call you a marketer soon tho. Lol. Thanks brother.

4 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Battery + plastic = Tecno and Infinix devices.

cool cool cool
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by reaky(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2020
I don't even know when I will start checking Transsion specs o
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by KrazyDave16(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2020
Now THIS is how a review should be. No bxxx-kissing, no sugarcoating, no pointless justifications, just say it as it is.

9 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by ObinnaObinna(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2020
Xiaomi Amaka!!!!

Infinix Ajoka. Lol
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 10:48am On May 30, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Now THIS is how a review should be. No bxxx-kissing, no sugarcoating, no pointless justifications, just say it as it is.

I don't know why they keep putting HD resolution on any display over 6". It doesn't make sense. The pixels would be too spread out causing the images to lack full clarity.

5 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by sunshineV(f): 11:13am On May 30, 2020
Simple review. No sugar coating. Call a spade a spade

8 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by Deasegun19(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2020
oshey... honest review
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 30, 2020
Abiodunspectre Bravesoul247 Ejadike Ezehilli Mohbola Edoairways Bigtableshaker Nightfood Awoof Tarivanessa Felixswagg Selfdefence Sunkanmiwise Breastfeed Fisayo misstechy Henry007 Henryneo chubbyface Nightbuzzer Anegbettedude

1 Like

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by edoairways: 5:18pm On May 30, 2020
Nokia 3.2, Nokia 4.2, Redmi 7a, Redmi 8a, Umidigi Power, Samsung A10, A10S and A20
@atheistandproud can these phones battery last longer than infinix?
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by chariisGRACE(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2020
edoairways:

From what you wrote here that means i was absolutely correct when I made the statement below

See what I've been saying, they have refused to report the processor the Hot 9 is built with. (maybe it's because it is of the "P & A" gang).
If it was a SD or a Powerful Mediatek, it would have been touted as the main selling point of the phone; but since it is not there, the 6000mAh without fast charge is the selling point.
I've now seen why They have been bashing you guys.

I rather buy one of those than the "Big battery" Infinix that I will have to wait for more than 8hrs before it gets charged.

4 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by KrazyDave16(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

I don't know why they keep putting HD resolution on any display over 6". It doesn't make sense. The pixels would be too spread out causing the images to lack full clarity.

Yet some people don't care...

2 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by edoairways: 5:44pm On May 30, 2020
chariisGRACE:

From what you wrote here that means i am absolutely correct on the statement below

I rather buy one of those than the "Big battery" Infinix that I will have to wait for more than 8hrs before it gets charged.
Your assertion or what you implied is wrong.
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by chariisGRACE(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2020
edoairways:
That is what you meant. "Can this phones battery last longer than Infinix?". I assumed the 6000mAh was on your mind when you made that statement.

4 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by chariisGRACE(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2020
edoairways:

I use a Gionee F103 by the way.
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2020
edoairways:

The proper question is, is the end-user a light or a heavy user?

1 Like

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by edoairways: 6:24pm On May 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

The proper question is, is the end-user a light or a heavy user?
Heavy user
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 30, 2020
The A22 and P25 got me shocked shocked shocked WTF in 2020

1 Like

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by BrickDevo: 6:42pm On May 30, 2020
What price point?
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2020
BrickDevo:
What price point?

The budget phone and entry phone class.
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by atheistandproud(m): 7:18pm On May 30, 2020
edoairways:

Heavy user

For light users, Infinix phones would do really well for battery consumption but would fare poorly for heavy users. This is because the CPU cores that Infinix uses in their favoured Helio A22 and P22s uses ARM cortex 55 CPUs. These are power efficiency cores, not powerful processing or big cores. As a result, Mediatek overclocks them to force them into becoming high performance CPU. The CPU may encounter processing difficulty (bottlenecks) and would then have to consume enormous amounts of power to overcome them.

This takes it's toll on the CPU as well causing to become slower especially due to the heating.

5 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by edoairways: 8:08pm On May 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

For light users, Infinix phones would do really well for battery consumption but would care poorly for heavy users. This is because the CPUs that Infinix uses in their favoured Helio A22 and P22s uses ARM cortex 55 CPUs. These are power efficiency cores, not power cores. As a result, Mediatek overclocks them to force them into becoming high performance CPU. The CPU may encounter processing difficulty (bottlenecks) and would then have to consume enormous amounts of power to overcome them.

This takes it's toll on the CPU as well causing to become slower especially due to the heating.
ok.
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by skywalker240(m): 8:09pm On May 30, 2020
cheesy
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by skywalker240(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2020
samyd1:
Abiodunspectre
Bravesoul247
Ejadike
Ezehilli
Mohbola
Edoairways
Bigtableshaker
Nightfood
Awoof
Tarivanessa
Felixswagg
Selfdefence
Sunkanmiwise
Breastfeed
Fisayo
misstechy
Henry007
Henryneo
chubbyface
Nightbuzzer
Anegbettedude

grin grin

Abeg I just settle matter finish dis evening,

I no wan settle another one grin

1 Like

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by witnezHD(m): 9:18pm On May 30, 2020
I swear like this if i have money like this i wil just iphone11pro max or sammy s20 and rest for like 5years befor thinking abt getting another one .... Trashsion will just kill us with de same phone ...they only change or redesign the phone pack...and sel it for a higher price

2 Likes

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 30, 2020
You must settle this matter please
Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by oxygenlove(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2020
But still... they will not learn.....

6000mah.....SMH

1 Like

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by micxwell(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2020
edoairways:

I can speak for Redmi 7A, SOT of 10hrs 15minutes with 30% battery juice remaining. Oya compare yourself. Meanwhile, who has the time to spend 10hrs on a phone, lockdown aside! But it's good to know it can stay as long as 13hrs-14hrs plus you know.

1 Like

Re: Reviewing The 9th Generation Of Infinix Hot by edoairways: 10:46am On May 31, 2020
micxwell:
I can speak for Redmi 7A, SOT of 10hrs 15minutes with 30% battery juice remaining. Oya compare yourself. Meanwhile, who has the time to spend 10hrs on a phone, lockdown aside! But it's good to know it can stay as long as 13hrs-14hrs plus you know.
The aforementioned tecno device stays longer even up to 15hrs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia 5.1plus For Sale 35k(SOLD) / Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over A 300 People / Most Popular Youtuber , MrBeast Gives Out Car For Threads Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.