Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Breaking: Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru Died Of Coronavirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru Died Of Coronavirus (196 Views)

President Tinubu Mourns Former NNPC GMD Dr Thomas John / Maikanti Baru Is Dead / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru Died Of Coronavirus by Lucia220: 9:26am On May 30, 2020
Maikanti Baru, the immediate past Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has died.

Baru died on Friday night, May 29, 2020, at the age of 60.

Close sources confirmed to The Street Journal that the former GMD died from complications of the novel coronavirus. The Street Journal also learnt that he was buried according to Islamic rites at 6:30 am this morning at the Gudu Cemetery, Abuja.

His passing was announced by the current GMD of NNPC, Mele Kyari on Twitter this morning.

''My brother, my friend and my mentor, Dr Maikanti Kachalla Baru, immediate past GMD of NNPC died late last night. He was of exemplary character and disposition. May Allah forgive him and have mercy upon him.'' he tweeted

Baru was the 18th GMD of NNPC. He served in the position from July 2016 to July 2019.

He also served as the Group General Manager (GGM) of National Petroleum Investment Management Services.

THE STREET JOURNAL
VISIT www.thestreetjournal.org

(1) (Reply)

Politics: Answer Correctly. / Nigeria Oil And Price Today / The Three Major Group Hypocritical Behavior In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.