Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina (2319 Views)

2023: Obasanjo Backs Akinwunmi Adesina Over Tinubu / Adesina: African Lender Agrees On Independent Probe Of AfDB President / The Rise And Fall Of Akinwunmi Ambode. By Kayode Ogundamisi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by SarkinYarki: 12:15pm On May 30, 2020
vedaxcool:

This is how GEJ brought drunken sailor logic to Governance and very little understanding of international politics that he could not even import ordinary weapons PMB has been importing left right and centre

Apart from the Tucanos Trump allowed Buhari to purchase what weapon has Buhari bought , The J7s , Hind Helicopters and T72s, MRAPS where all initiatives of GEJ ...Gej could have bought from the US but your evil terrrorism Sponsoring Obama no gree
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by vedaxcool(m): 12:15pm On May 30, 2020
Badguy89:

Adesina didn't appoint board of directors.Stop saying whats not Oga.

The African Development Bank (ADB)
The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (ADB) comprises 20 members who are neither governors nor alternate governors. Thirteen members are elected by the governors of regional countries and seven by the governors of non-regional member countries. Directors are elected for a term of three years renewable once. Each director appoints an alternate, but no alternate, except the United States Alternate, may be of the same nationality as their director.

https://www.afdb.org/en/about-us/organisational-structure/board-of-directors

Lol when I stated that he is no too different from drunken sailor GEJ he thought I was insulting him, he clearly have limited understanding but he must push this thread no matter what.

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by vedaxcool(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Apart from the Tucanos Trump allowed Buhari to purchase what weapon has Buhari bought , The J7s , Hind Helicopters and T72s, MRAPS where all initiatives of GEJ ...Gej could have bought from the US but your evil terrrorism Sponsoring Obama no gree

You are not making sense, this is the actual GEJ initiative

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2020
Karlifate:

There's something he's guilty of BUT doesn't want it to escalate.
Exactly! What's happening is ko different from what happened in FIFA
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by Karlifate: 12:18pm On May 30, 2020
vedaxcool:

The US would tell you it did not originate the allegations it merely want them investigated. You need to understand how international politics works it is not like the ill conceived games that permeates this place.
Well, we have different personalities, hence, different perspective to life. One of my life principles; I will NEVER trade my integrity for popularity. That's one of the reason I'm not scared of any life's challenges.

The US of A are known to be "world bully"... From Iran to China, now they are loggerheads with North Korea over the reclusive state of the nuclear weapon program. So, why should Mr Akinwunmi Adesina be scared of their "anti-corruption panel"
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by SarkinYarki: 12:19pm On May 30, 2020
vedaxcool:

Has he been accused of stealing? Do you even know what the allegations are? I shudder on the type of kids you will raise if you cannot take time to understand what the issues are. I thank God you clearly show you will stand with a racist to fight your country man over allegations that he has been cleared of.

I know the allegations , ofcourse he brought in his cronies to steal , you think we don't know the rackets he has with Mr Fregene ..You think the US doesn't know how the approved 40 million dollars for IITA Ibadan and got kick backs from it ...omo leave matter , that man took that Nigerian anyhowness to AFDB , the same anyhowness that has crippled everything in Nigeria ..If he is innocent why is he scared of independent audit of his affairs
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2020
Badguy89:

Adesina didn't appoint board of directors.Stop saying whats not Oga.

The African Development Bank (ADB)
The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (ADB) comprises 20 members who are neither governors nor alternate governors. Thirteen members are elected by the governors of regional countries and seven by the governors of non-regional member countries. Directors are elected for a term of three years renewable once. Each director appoints an alternate, but no alternate, except the United States Alternate, may be of the same nationality as their director.

https://www.afdb.org/en/about-us/organisational-structure/board-of-directors
Can you read what you quoted? Slowly?

Adesina HEADS Board of Directors.

The Board of Directors he heads appoints Ethics Committee Members.

Lawan Heads the Senate, the Senate he heads appoints committee members.

Of course we all know Lawan appoints Committee members... Same with Adesina

Is comprehension this hard? Jesus!
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:

I know the allegations , ofcourse he brought in his cronies to steal , you think we don't know the rackets he has with Mr Fregene ..You think the US doesn't know how the approved 40 million dollars for IITA Ibadan and got kick backs from it ...omo leave matter , that man took that Nigerian anyhowness to AFDB , the same anyhowness that has crippled everything in Nigeria ..If he is innocent why is he scared of independent audit of his affairs
They will never answer this

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by Badguy89: 12:23pm On May 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

You said Adeshina appointed the board of directors.I simply corrected you for false information and fake news. Oga, I will refer you to earlier post where u tried to mislead yourself and not the bright minds here.

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Na you get time de answer am. Person come to detail with GEJ vs PMB argument that has nothing to do with the subject matter

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:25pm On May 30, 2020
Badguy89:

You said Adeshina appointed the board of directors.I simply corrected you for false information and fake news. Oga, I will refer you to earlier post where u tried to mislead yourself and not the bright minds here.
Can you show where I made such ridiculous claim?

You see, you should always pay attention to comprehension.
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by vedaxcool(m): 12:25pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Lol spoken like a true GEJITE, grin grin grin on the contrary he said he is ready to submit to an external audit, we are saying it goes against the governance structure of the organisation. We know all this your false bravado of probity, it is people like you who have stood with crooks and criminals from GEJ regime. We know who you are and why you do what you do.

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by vedaxcool(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
They will never answer this

Why are you such a liar lacking integrity like GEJ? Where did he say he does not want a second probe?

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by Badguy89: 12:28pm On May 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Can you show where I made such ridiculous claim?

You see, you should always pay attention to comprehension.

The Board of Directors is headed by Adesina. The Committee that probed was appointed by the Board of Directors (Adesina). Now you expect USA or any sane mind to accept their verdict? Lol Can Ibrahim Magu led EFCC indict Buhari for Corruption?

Now, you can't compare EFCC to AFDB....The board of directors were appointed by members states and not an individual. You can just sit somewhere and be making false claims here man.

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by SarkinYarki: 12:31pm On May 30, 2020
vedaxcool:

Lol spoken like a true GEJITE, grin grin grin on the contrary he said he is ready to submit to an external audit, we are saying it goes against the governance structure of the organisation. We know all this your false bravado of probity, it is people like you who have stood with crooks and criminals from GEJ regime. We know who you are and why you do what you do.

Adeshina is a creation of GEJ and beneficiary of PDP but I will not standby and allow professional divisionist like you turn a simple call for accountability into a race war ..
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by Badguy89: 12:31pm On May 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Stop comparing a bank owned by several countries to National Assembly.It's different Oga...

Whether you like it or not, the appointees will be loyal to their member states.It's different when it comes to National Assembly or EFCC.

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by SIRTee15: 12:33pm On May 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
The Board of Directors is headed by Adesina

The Board of Directors appoints members of Ethics Committee

Meaning, Adesina as Board Chairman appoints members of Ethics Committee.

Now USA Wants the Board of Governors to appoint an independent organization to probe the allegations against Adesina as no sane person can accept position of Ethics Committee appointed by Board of Directors

Adesina is not the head of Board of directors....
The chairman of Afdb board is Niale kaba, an Ivorian....
I expect more thoroughness from u....
I'll ignore your comment on America abhors corruption, because that's not the issue here....

My opinion remain the same...

I support an independent investigation devoid of internal influence...
AFDB is a international agencies and donor's confidence in the institution shouldn't be in doubt......

But the issue is the timing....why wait until election time to blow the so called whistle.....
why did the whistle blowers avoid the ethical committee probe between jan till march this year, failing to give evidence to back their allegations.....
Immediately the committee concluded their investigations and cleared adesina, the same whistle blowers cried foul and leaked the allegations to press....

what exactly is their intention....
Are they really interested in unravelling the sharp and unethical practices in the bank OR they just want to get rid of adesina.....
Election for the president is in August, n Adesina is the sole candidate....
If the new panel fails to conclude their investigations by August....adesina will not be eligible to contest and will be replaced.....

African representatives believe Adesina has done well and deserve a second term....
He should not be denied his second tenure because america said so....they dont own the bank, they are stakeholders like everybody else....
america has no right to be the voice against unethical and corrupt practices at this time in their history....

Either election is postponed until the independent panel conclude their investigation.....
OR ...
Adesina is allowed to contest the election, while the independent probe runs concurrently. If he wins n he's cleared by the panel...he can return for his 2nd term...

Everybody's interest in AFDB should be protected in a just n equitable manner, not just America.....
The days of America masquerading as the global moral police is over....
The earlier they wash the mask off their hypocritical face, the better.....

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by AZeD1(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2020
Badguy89:

You can bet your last Kobo that most of them haven't read the allegations. If you want to destroy a black man's business, just get a white person to scream corruption and people like the OP would swallow it without thinking twice.

To think that the person calling for independent investigation is the crook called Steven Mnuchin.

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by AhoadaRivers: 12:37pm On May 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Tonye Barcanista-nice write up, I never knew your I.Q was this high. Why did you ever support Goodluck Jonathan?

And you zombies have a high I.Q for supporting buhari the greatest lifeless dullard of Africa?

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2020
Badguy89:

The Board of Directors is headed by Adesina. The Committee that probed was appointed by the Board of Directors (Adesina). Now you expect USA or any sane mind to accept their verdict? Lol Can Ibrahim Magu led EFCC indict Buhari for Corruption?
So how does this translate to Adesina appoints Board of Directors? Jesus!

Board of Directors have Adesina as Head, Same way Senate has Lawan as head.

Board of Directors appoints Committee, same way Senate appoints Committee...

But we all know that it is the Head of the Board of Directors (Adesina) that does the appointment of Committee members, same way it is Lawan, the Head of Senate that appoints Committee members.

[s]Now, you can't compare EFCC to AFDB....The board of directors were appointed by members states and not an individual. You can just sit somewhere and be making false claims here man[/s].

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:42pm On May 30, 2020
SIRTee15:

Adesina is not the head of Board of directors....
The chairman of Afdb board is Niale kaba, an Ivorian....
I expect more thoroughness from u....
I'll ignore your comment on America abhors corruption, because that's not the issue here....

My opinion remain the same...
Sir, Niale kaba is the head of Board of Governors not Board of Directors. Adesina heads Board of Directors.

I support an independent investigation devoid of internal influence...
AFDB is a international agencies and donor's confidence in the institution shouldn't be in doubt......

But the issue is the timing....why wait until election time to blow the so called whistle.....
why did the whistle blowers avoid the ethical committee probe between jan till march this year, failing to give evidence to back their allegations.....
Immediately the committee concluded their investigations and cleared adesina, the same whistle blowers cried foul and leaked the allegations to press....

what exactly is their intention....
Are they really interested in unravelling the sharp and unethical practices in the bank OR they just want to get rid of adesina.....
Election for the president is in August, n Adesina is the sole candidate....
If the new panel fails to conclude their investigations by August....adesina will not be eligible to contest and will be replaced.....

African representatives believe Adesina has done well and deserve a second term....
He should not be denied his second tenure because america said so....they dont own the bank, they are stakeholders like everybody else....
america has no right to be the voice against unethical and corrupt practices at this time in their history....

Either election is postponed until the independent panel conclude their investigation.....
OR ...
Adesina is allowed to contest the election, while the independent probe runs concurrently. If he wins n he's cleared by the panel...he can return for his 2nd term...

Everybody's interest in AFDB should be protected in a just n equitable manner, not just America.....
The days of America masquerading as the global moral police is over....
The earlier they wash the mask off their hypocritical face, the better.....
No need to go further... We want independent probe
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:47pm On May 30, 2020
Badguy89:

Stop comparing a bank owned by several countries to National Assembly.It's different Oga...

Whether you like it or not, the appointees will be loyal to their member states.It's different when it comes to National Assembly or EFCC.
Just as Senators are loyal to their Senatorial Districts

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by Reinvented: 1:12pm On May 30, 2020
PHijo:

...because his IQ is high. Those with low IQ did otherwise because they couldn't understand the fraud that was being presented to them as change.
Love that ... it is called LBYL - look before you leap.
Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by omoiyamayor(m): 1:37pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Shut up there , without their funds where will that bank be , if they pull out today can you run the bank for even 2years ?
so your suggestion is we remain puppets forever?

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by omoiyamayor(m): 1:39pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Shut up there , without their funds where will that bank be , if they pull out today can you run the bank for even 2years ?
and what makes you think insulting me will make me understand your point?

Re: Opinion: USA Is In Order To Demand Independent Probe Of Akinwunmi Adesina by omoiyamayor(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
Damn! Gather nursery 1 pulpils and tell them this!
well only when you start believing in Africa is when the west will respect Africa, until then you will still be praying and fasting for America visa that will be eventually be denied.

Oronto Douglas Speaks About Lies Told About The South East / Five Arrested As Yoruba Nation Agitators Defy Abeokuta Rally Ban / Nigerian Army FOB Somewhere In Borno.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68