Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor (37444 Views)

Wike Inches Closer To Joining APC As Loyalists Storm Party / Aregbesola, Oyetola Rift Deepens. As Loyalists Clash Over Osun Debt Profile / Oshiomhole Displays 4+0 For Obaseki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Youngjohnosas: 6:11pm On May 30, 2020
only a thief would attack governor obaseki's style of leadership, Wat he did was simply put the interest of the masses before the cabal and thugs supporting oshiomhole, these criminals expected obaseki to share the state resources amongst them and he simply backed out.

He has done nothing wrong save for frustrating kabaka and Co that felt they were indispensable in Edo state politics. Even if we want a change in leadership it wouldn't be POI a renowned thief and desperator, Edo state is free from Agberos and their powers have been curtailed,

A vote for POI is a vote for the resurgence of Agberos and thuggery in Edo, oshiomhole should bow his head in shame for stopping so low for the personality of POI.

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by timmyblast(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
what has obaseki done in Edo state?
what will ize-iyamu do too

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by jrusky(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2020
Esseite:
The fact APC is gunning for a candidate they once called Thief, criminal and corrupt and even advised that state coffers should never be given to that candidate to manage calls for serious concern...

The same candidates and contestants that could not give you 2k during isolation are willing to give you 5k during election... be wise.

Bro for apc all you said does not matter to them they are very strange people from the pit of hell. If Atiku, Melaye, Sanni can become apc most hated person then Iyamu case is nothing to them they can even deny calling Iyamu thief.

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by OasisT: 7:06pm On May 30, 2020
What people don't understand about the Obaseki story are:

He sidelined party leaders forgetting that politics is a game of numbers. Those he accused of fighting for not sharing money are billionaires

His refusal to swear in those lawmakers that won election and were his party members.

Ize Iyamu is never a push over in Edo politics especially the influence his father wedged as a palace chief .

The governor should have wooed leaders and influencers to his side instead of fighting everyone and now he can boast of 10 leaders of APC within the state that are in his support

There is nothing to show for his 3 and half years as governor compared to predecessor.

The best will just be to make peace like Ambode did at the later end else he should prepare for EFCC .

Edo central is large but can't deliver him because Edo south is for Ize Iyamu and Edo North is for Oshiomole .

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by AntonVince: 7:32pm On May 30, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

You can channel that question to Obaseki or his Spokesperson.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Didi2d(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2020
Emmytrill:
Obaseki is a goner if he doesn't decamp now to another party. This is first a party battle before the main election and the forces against him in the party are veteran politicians.

His Deputy Shaibu and the SSG, Osarodion Ogie he is banking on are not strong enough to help him out. Out of 24 members of the House of Assembly, he has just 9 on his side. Obaseki was not strategic enough. He can't win this.

Please, what about the honourables. Have they been sworn in?
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by moderatedguy: 7:51pm On May 30, 2020
thesicilian:
The only reason anyone in Edo state will support the PDP after their disastrous reign is for personal gains.
Lol APC has done worse.Ur BUBU has borrow over $80b and nothing on ground to show for it.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by muffyt05: 7:52pm On May 30, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I keep on saying it
Direct primary or no direct primary
Obaseki is going to fuckkk oshiomhole up anyday anytime twice on election Day
He is the wake and see governor for a reason

Oshiomhole don't know what he has put is hand into

If the plans for the direct primary are well executed, Obaseki wouldn't even be in contention for the real election. Problem with Obaseki is that, he's fighting too many battles at the same time. As a matter of fact, guy should even be more careful for last minute defectors cos I see that happening.
I remember clearly during my service year in Etsako West L.G.A, Philip Shaibu was just a local government chairman, who with all of his worship for Oshiomole, modeled his dressing style according to Oshiomole's. Dude was almost a glorified P.A to the man and to think Obaseki was brought from the Oblivion is a mere fact that they're both fighting a lost battle. I might be wrong, but Oshiomole's federal might is another major concern for them to worry about
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by juman(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2020
Tareq1105:

Just as Obaseki lack the wisdom to manage the party members.
Obaseki is not a politician at all.

Immediately he became governor he was scheming to make changes of positions among party Exco that were elected at a convention / Congress. How is that possible? He wanted to replace the State Secretary and few others.
These officers called Oshiomole to inform him about the governor's game plan. Obaseki is so naive that his plan could never happen without a convention / Congress.

Since then he's been on the radar of the political bigwigs of the party in the state.
To me, Obaseki is a bad manager of Men.

He started showing his real self just after he won apc governorship primary.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Yebosola(m): 8:18pm On May 30, 2020
Johnandv:

Nairobi is Governed by someone too that doesn't mean his tribe owns it. Get sense maggot

I know your type, senses is far from u, u are born with hatred, which will kill u eventually, keep it up.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by thesicilian: 8:29pm On May 30, 2020
moderatedguy:
Lol APC has done worse.Ur BUBU has borrow over $80b and nothing on ground to show for it.
Of course, the guy's definitely not among my list of top 200 best serving presidents. But at the state level APC in Edo has done relatively well.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Jack500: 9:57pm On May 30, 2020
ogbonti:

the Phillip Shuaibu I know is a man of his words, not an Amala eater deputy governor of Lagos State

U are constituting nuisance here, get sense and stop disgracing ur parents

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Sarah20A(f): 10:02pm On May 30, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
both apc and pdp has done nothing for Edo state
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by eseosa77(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
You can't see because you physically blind!
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Joshmuch: 10:14pm On May 30, 2020
Afamed:
Pastor Iyamu was one of the founding fathers of ACN before it became APC. Those period, Obaseki was no where to be found.
So moving back to the party he once a founding father isn't a challenge.

Afterall Donald Trump was once a Democrat before he joined independent party later back to democrat before he finally left for GOP/ Republican
wrong sir. Donald J Trump, was never a politician, let alone joined the Left wing Dems. When asked in the 70s which party he would love to join, he said : “ Republicans”
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Afamed: 10:22pm On May 30, 2020
Joshmuch:
wrong sir. Donald J Trump, was never a politician, let alone joined the Left wing Dems. When asked in the 70s which party he would love to join, he said : “ Republicans”
Kindly make use of your goggle sir. It's well built over there. Besides, you don't need to be a politician before you show alliance with certain political parties in US. There are plenty who are stunch GOP loyalists but never contested for any political posts.
Check Trump, you will see, he has aligned with 3 different political parties in the past

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by dheilaw1(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I keep on saying it
Direct primary or no direct primary
Obaseki is going to fuckkk oshiomhole up anyday anytime twice on election Day
He is the wake and see governor for a reason

Oshiomhole don't know what he has put is hand into
you will come back here to delete this comment after the election

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by MoIbrahim: 5:26am On May 31, 2020
So does it end for the ingrates
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Magicians: 6:21am On May 31, 2020
Your wail of sorrow is of no help to Obaseki. What you need do now if stop being foolish and go win him the APC ticket.

Youngjohnosas:
only a thief would attack governor obaseki's style of leadership, Wat he did was simply put the interest of the masses before the cabal and thugs supporting oshiomhole, these criminals expected obaseki to share the state resources amongst them and he simply backed out.

He has done nothing wrong save for frustrating kabaka and Co that felt they were indispensable in Edo state politics. Even if we want a change in leadership it wouldn't be POI a renowned thief and desperator, Edo state is free from Agberos and their powers have been curtailed,

A vote for POI is a vote for the resurgence of Agberos and thuggery in Edo, oshiomhole should bow his head in shame for stopping so low for the personality of POI.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Awaja(m): 6:25am On May 31, 2020
No matter what,biting the hand that fed you is a fickles lifestyle,loyalty pays while disloyalty pains .
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Youngjohnosas: 6:29am On May 31, 2020
Magicians:
Your wail of sorrow is of no help to Obaseki. What you need do now if stop being foolish and go win him the APC ticket.

I won't stoop so low to banter words with a demented thug like you, I see the revenue accruing to your faction has dried up. E can pain.

I know hunger is typing on your behalf but believe me 4+4 TORGBA. you, EPM, POI and oshiomhole can go to hell,bad market for Agberos and their pay masters
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by SaintLucia: 7:08am On May 31, 2020
Johnandv:

While the yorubas in my area have relocated Oshogbo cos could not afford to live under a Good roofing sheet unless it comes in rusted colour. grin grin
Thank God Osogbo is part of Yorubaland. But IPOB can't just stop trooping into Yorubaland. I remembered Papa Ifeayi then telling his son not to forget his siblings when he get to Lagos.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by Beolly(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2020
juman:
I still feel some pain because of ambode was prevented from going for second term.
Despite I be kwaran.

I saw it as humiliation to a yoruba governor.
I dont like blaming people. Ambode did not handle the politics well.

He did bro there was nothing he could have done. The state assembly were waiting for him to sneeze and impeachment him. Even after the election was won by the Apc they were still trying to probe him over some frivolous issues and impeach him. The house of assembly is under Tinubu appendage and he can't win no matter. If you don't have full control of your house of assembly there's nothing you can do even his deputy pledge his allegiance to the party and it's leaders before the primary that ousted them, all the state excos were all tinubu boys and non of them supported him. It's better to be a one term governor than an impeached governor. History will not be kind on you and he would lose the privilege of standing where other former governors are sitted. No one remembers an impeached governor that's he had to let them be.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by juman(m): 9:08am On May 31, 2020
Beolly:

He did bro there was nothing he could have done. The state assembly were waiting for him to sneeze and impeachment him. Even after the election was won by the Apc they were still trying to probe him over some frivolous issues and impeach him. The house of assembly is under Tinubu appendage and he can't win no matter. If you don't have full control of your house of assembly there's nothing you can do even his deputy pledge his allegiance to the party and it's leaders before the primary that ousted them, all the state excos were all tinubu boys and non of them supported him. It's better to be a one term governor than an impeached governor. History will not be kind on you and he would lose the privilege of standing where other former governors are sitted. No one remembers an impeached governor that's he had to let them be.

Fashola was also not in control of the house of assembly, all his commissioners and other aides were chosen by tinubu, yet fashola is a STAR. He managed things well despite their party was trying so hard to win election in many other states and winning aso rock.

Also, it to be noted that tinubu was not against ambode, it was state stakeholders that rejected him. Sanwo olu was brought by those stakeholders.

Those stakeholders were the ones that forced fashola second term on their party.

But ambode failed to manage them well.
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by ogbonti: 9:30am On May 31, 2020
fistonme:

my bro, I so much believe that in a staggered election. Those two states will be delivered to apc because there will be so much concentration on the strategies to win the states over to the apc

medicine after death - I am not taking of “what if” scenarios, we can have a million of that to justify what was not or never will

so the conclusion remains - THE APC WITH ALL ITS FEDERAL MIGHT LOST OYO AND RIVERS - full stop - so the party can lose, period!
Re: More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor by ogbonti: 9:32am On May 31, 2020
fistonme:

you lie my bro. Politics is about setting you plans right and having the right people to support you. in this case I believe POI has made the right move at every stage. The problem Godwin Obaseki has is that he allowed, the selfish advise from Philip shuaibu and the SEc to the state government Mr Osarodion ogie to mislead him. if I were to be in Obaseki's position I would have acted as a fool in my first term. immediately I am sworn in for the second term, I will then begin to destabilize Oshiomole structure and then many people would have worked with him.

if you are so wise and a master strategist, how come you are not the Governor of your state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Weighs Options As Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fail / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of The Damaturu Bomb Blast This Morning / Sunday Igboho Meets Legal Team In Cotonou, Benin Republic (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.