Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

This is pure wickedness! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This is pure wickedness! (191 Views)

Emenike: House Demolition: Igbos Are In Trouble, This Is Pure Wickedness / Ezekwesili: Lai Mohammed's Comment About Peter Obi Is Pure Nonsense / Oro Is Pure Nonsense, Just Some Drunk Boys Making Wired Sounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This is pure wickedness! by bizmogl: 11:20am On May 30, 2020
I just felt like taking some soaked garri this morning. I poured one cup of garri and added water. After taking a few teaspoons, I discovered could sense sand in the garri and so I decided to check properly. Lo and behold, there was so much sand at the bottom. Don't get me wrong. I am not talking about a few grains of sand which I think may be normal, I am talking about massive amount of sand and I wonder, could this be a result of the CoVID-19? Maybe farmers or market women now add some grains of sand to their garri to increase the volume since many States are on lockdown and getting the staple food is difficult and even when available it is very expensive, For instance, where I live, garri is now more expensive than rice.

It's funny how we blame government but many of us are worse than the people we blame. I've heard about stories of Nigerians adding stones to the rice they produce to increase the quantity. Now people are adding sand to garri to increase the quantity and make more money while ripping hardworking people off their hard earned money and also putting their lives at risk.

Many of our agricultural products have been banned from entering some European countries because of greed and shady practices from farmers or exporters.

This is pure wickedness.

1 Like

Re: This is pure wickedness! by bizmogl: 11:21am On May 30, 2020
I don't even know the amount of sand I had swallowed before I discovered it, after all I don't chew it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government To Engage Volunteers For House-to-house Sensitisation / PDP Rejects Slash In Health, Education Budgets, Berates APC, Buhari Presidency / Iroyin COVID-19 Lorilede Naijiria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.