Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' (679 Views)

British Colonization Was Riddled With Abuse, Racism, Violence,extreme Drain Of W / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview / Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On May 30, 2020
CNN’s Van Jones on Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters'
By Scott Whitlock | May 29, 2020 5:29 PM EDT

Liberal CNN commentator Van Jones on Friday surprised a lot of people when he blamed America’s race problems not on the Republican Party or red states in general, but on “white, liberal Hillary Clinton voters.” Talking about the George Floyd death and the violence and riots in Minneapolis, Jones said of people who are angry: “They're tired of people saying over and over again that, you know, we're just basically one bill away, one election away from some progress.”

He blamed, “It is not the racist white person who is in the Ku Klux Klan that we have to worry about. It is the white liberal Hillary Clinton supporter walking her dog in Central Park who would tell you right now, you know, people like that, ‘I don't see race, race is no big deal to me, I see us all as the same, I give to charities.’”

Speaking of Amy Cooper, the woman who called police and falsely singled out an “African American man threatening my life,” he added, “But the minute she sees a black man who she does not respect or who she has a slight thought against, she weaponized race like she had been trained by the Aryan nation. A Klan member could not have been better trained to pick up the police -- pick up the phone and tell the police ‘a black man, African-American man, come get him.’”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11632586_capturevanjonesonliberals_jpegad29a1330462a470216630df537314f0

Jones concluded, “So, even the most liberal, well-intentioned white person has a virus in his or her brain that can be activated at an instant.”

On election night 2016, he famously blamed Donald Trump’s election on a “white lash,” saying, “This was a 'white-lash.' This was a 'white-lash' against a changing country. It was a 'white-lash' against a black president.”

See transcript below. Click "expand" to read more.

New Day

5/29/2020

8:23 AM ET

VAN JONES: The world witnessed a lynching. There have been lynchings happening in America for hundreds of years. This is what we have lived with. When you see the police arrest our colleagues in broad daylight, well, daylight, but right there, when they weren't doing anything wrong, that happens every day in America, to black people all the time, the arbitrary and capricious abuse of authority. Now, because it was on television, it was handled quickly. But that is -- there is another reality here, which you're starting to see. You thought maybe the world worked one way because police are nice to you, because these things don't happen to people you know, but the whole time there is a whole other America and the reason that you see people now doing the things they're doing, we have no idea who set those fires. It could have been provocateurs, it could be anybody.

But the reason you see people willing to risk their lives in the middle of a plague and pandemic and to go out and literally risk their lives to protest is because people are now fed up. People are telling me they're tired of hashtags, they're tired of Van Jones saying we can have a bipartisan solution, they're tired of people like me, they're tired of people saying over and over again that, you know, we're just basically one bill away, one election away from some progress. It is not the racist white person who is in the Ku Klux Klan that we have to worry about. It is the white liberal Hillary Clinton supporter walking her dog in Central Park who would tell you right now, you know, people like that, ‘I don't see race, race is no big deal to me, I see us all as the same, I give to charities.’ But the minute she sees a black man who she does not respect or who she has a slight thought against, she weaponized race like she had been trained by the Aryan nation. A Klan member could not have been better trained to pick up the police -- pick up the phone and tell the police ‘a black man, African-American man, come get him.’

So, even the most liberal, well-intentioned white person has a virus in his or her brain that can be activated at an instant. So, what you're seeing now is a curtain falling away. And those of us who have been burdened by this every minute, every second of our entire lives are fragile right now.

We are fragile right now. We are tired. And so I appreciate people who have been reaching out.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2020/05/29/cnns-van-jones-racism-violence-blame-white-liberal-hillary-voters
Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On May 31, 2020
Trump Announces US To Designate ANTIFA as Terrorist Organisation Following Violent Protest

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-announces-u-s-to-designate-antifa-as-terrorist-organization-following-violent-protests

1 Like

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by IJOBA2: 7:55pm On May 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Trump Announces US To Designate ANTIFA as Terrorist Organisation Following Violent Protest

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-announces-u-s-to-designate-antifa-as-terrorist-organization-following-violent-protests
YOU NEED TO TAG YOUR IMAM FRIEND

1 Like

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2020
IJOBA2:

YOU NEED TO TAG YOUR IMAM FRIEND

If Van Jones can at times speak sense then there is still hope for Abbeybaily. cheesy

1 Like

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by Obrigardo: 9:34pm On May 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Confused man, you need to repent

1 Like

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46pm On May 31, 2020
Obrigardo:

Confused man, you need to repent

Fake news. Epstein in that picture was photoshopped see the real picture below.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11642791_ivankatrumpchild_jpeg1a493bde505c61a7101dd2e7bbce813f

Who is confused now? is that not his daughter, Ivanka? undecided

2 Likes

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45am On Jun 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkaIpizLk1U

This is the kind of protest Abbeybailey would support undecided
Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by Obrigardo: 4:15am On Jun 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Fake news. Epstein in that picture was photoshopped see the real picture below.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11642791_ivankatrumpchild_jpeg1a493bde505c61a7101dd2e7bbce813f

Who is confused now? is that not his daughter, Ivanka? undecided

You are a pathetic piece of loser

1 Like

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
Obrigardo:

You are a pathetic piece of loser

You posted a fake photoshop of Trump with his daughter superimposed with Epstein. If you could do that who is to say that I should believe your other pictures supporting your fake narratives? Trump was a popular figure who posed for pictures with many celebrities What would you make of the picture posted below?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11709726_Trumpellisislandmedalofhonour_jpg5813f9483a0ae776256cf1a9e4f7f557

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Rapper Trina Rips 'Animal Rioters,' Presses Why Only Certain Black Lives Matter

https://www.dailywire.com/news/listen-rapper-trina-rips-animal-rioters-presses-why-only-certain-black-lives-matter

1 Like

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58am On Jun 11, 2020
Jesse Jackson And Trump, what changed?

Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by orunto27: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Good.
Re: CNN's Van Jones On Racism, Violence: Blame 'White, Liberal Hillary Voters' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:17am On Jun 22, 2020
orunto27:

Good.

What is good?

(1) (Reply)

Trump Doesn’t Invite Black Top Law Enforcement Officials to Police Roundtable / Mountain Collapses In Kyrgyzstan( Video) / What Kind Of Fuckery Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.