Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff (52461 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / Coronavirus: British Airways To Sack 12,000 Employees / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Kobicove(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2020
The gale of sack continues sad
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by SoNature(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2020
There's fire on the mounting
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Sambai65(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2020
Kemimarch16:
I'm just scared if this country will not go into recession again
you just dey wake up?we are already in recession na
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by hakeem4(m): 8:08pm On May 30, 2020
Jokerman:
This is rubbish .. must they sack??
what should be done wise one ?
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 30, 2020
backbone503:
Why not cut salaries instead of sacking
oil fields would be shut, production reduced. So make the surplus staff dey office chilling or what.
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 30, 2020
Chevron to FIRE 6,750 staff? I hafta go hit 'em fire services up...
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Reference(m): 8:09pm On May 30, 2020
The figure of 6,750 is the proposed global haircut. Nigeria's share of that may not be more that 5, 6, 700 made redundant.
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Coldie(m): 8:10pm On May 30, 2020
SarkinYarki:
We badly handled Corona
How do u mean and how does it concer the article?
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Euegene100001: 8:11pm On May 30, 2020
This is not good . Pls look into it
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by ud4u: 8:14pm On May 30, 2020
Na waa
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Mykel51(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2020
godwinngbede:
So uncle Paul will finally be sacked? We are now on a level playing ground grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Village People... Ota Aje.

1 Like

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Roon9(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2020
fishjam:
Odidi 6759 Hope I'm seeing well?

U sef na odidi shocked
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by okoloemmalex(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2020
post COVID 19 would be like the scenerio of aftermath of the biafran war... it Will not go down well at all with companies and staff.

even after allowing them to stay at home,when the economy bounces back, they will bring different people of their own from backyard.

Nigeria is that bad like rotten head of fish, once you 're told to hold on that they would get back to you when they stabilised, just know that its a bye bye.

I greet everyone here smileypost COVID 19 would be like the scenerio of aftermath of the biafran war... it Will not go down well at all with companies and staff.

even after allowing them to stay at home,when the economy bounces back, they will bring different people of their own from backyard.

Nigeria is that bad like rotten head of fish, once you 're told to hold on that they would get back to you when they stabilised, just know that its a bye bye.

I greet everyone here
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by VenumX: 8:17pm On May 30, 2020
The value of oil keeps depleting.
What have nizoorians got to offer the world now?
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 30, 2020
The great thing about Chevron sacking anyone is the Severance package.

It runs into Millions mehn, I don't mind working in Chevron & being Fired after 2 years or a year. Infact one day sef grin

3 Likes

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by olawale1516(m): 8:20pm On May 30, 2020
What is the hope of new graduate, who do us this God.

1 Like

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by uuzba(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2020
Jokerman:
I laugh in http.
You people don't know that this internet and computer is automating so many things now.
Now with N200 data, somebody can join video conference meeting on zoom and discuss with people up and down the world. Why should they still, wear coat, drive car in traffic and go and sit down inside meeting room to discuss same meeting?
As we dey press phone and internet more and more, that's is how more jobs will be lost.
Better go and plant yam and beans in your backyard. At least when the worst happens, you will still see food to eat

Regards

5 Likes

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by fishjam: 8:21pm On May 30, 2020
Aystarz:

If your soft skills were paying off for you, you and your ilks wouldn't be bombarding this forum every day, hunting for people who will pay you 5k in the name of some funny whatsapp training course. Una no dey tire.
Thanks for the question
1. First and foremost, those skills are hard skills and not soft skills(Google the meaning of soft skills)
2. In 2015 i learnt about blogging using wordpress, and made alot from it.
3. This is just one of the numerous side hustle on my hand. I'm gainfully employed in a reputable Organization
4. It is not whatsapp training, it is an easy-to-follow video course you can learn on ur own
5. Few years of grinding can give you a life-time of enjoyment.. Don't discourage the smart ones who are ready to learn
6. Data Science, Programming, machine learning, Cloud Architecture are among the most in-demand skills wordwide. Assuming a door opened and you find yourself in Canada or US, how do u plan to survive without skills?
7. I love you brother

4 Likes

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 30, 2020
Aystarz:

If your soft skills were paying off, you and your ilks wouldn't be bombarding this forum every day, hunting for people who will pay you 5k in the name of some funny whatsapp training course. Una no dey tire

LMAO! People always online asking others to subscribe to learn how to make money, sincerely if they were really making money, they wouldn't tell anyone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Yxxx: 8:25pm On May 30, 2020
olawale1516:

Don't loose hope.
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Philip1914: 8:26pm On May 30, 2020
THIS IS WE WHAT WE ARE SAYING. THE PRESENT ECONOMY GUARANTEE NO JOB SECURITY. JOIN THIS WHATSAPP GROUP IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A JOB/BUSINESS WITH JOB SECURITY. https:///JPeFSDEuip31xdd8gdLZys
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by Aystarz: 8:28pm On May 30, 2020
fishjam:

Thanks for the question
1. First and foremost, those skills are hard skills and not soft skills(Google the meaning of soft skills)
2. In 2015 i learnt about blogging using wordpress, and made alot from it.
3. This is just one of the numerous side hustle on my hand. I'm gainfully employed in a reputable Organization
4. It is not whatsapp training, it is an easy-to-follow video course you can learn on ur own
5. Few years of grinding can give you a life-time of enjoyment.. Don't discourage the smart ones who are ready to learn
6. Data Science, Programming, machine learning, Cloud Architecture are among the most in-demand skills wordwide. Assuming a door opened and you find yourself in Canada or US, how do u plan to survive without skills?
7. I love you brother
Why then do you keep coming here to get people who will pay you 5k for whatever phantom skills you claim you're selling? Shouldn't you be too busy making money from your numerous clients, Mr Hard skill?

5 Likes

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by olawale1516(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2020
[quote author=Yxxx post=90135475]

Don't loose hope.
I tired o..... Only in God we trust
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by darediamond(m): 8:31pm On May 30, 2020
olawale1516:
Atelewo Eni kii Tan Eni Je!

Acquire a Skill now bro or better, head to Agriculture. Besides, lockdown or no lockdown, Man Must Eat either Big or Small etc.

May God bless any Non-Cupable Hustle of yours.
Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by ayanbaba2(m): 8:31pm On May 30, 2020
Aystarz:

If your soft skills were paying off, you and your ilks wouldn't be bombarding this forum every day, hunting for people who will pay you 5k in the name of some funny whatsapp training course. Una no dey tire

see finishing!

those guys are very smart ... one said I will be paying 5k per month! just to learn.

na uncountable "laughing" emoji I use kill am!

3 Likes

Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by just2endowed: 8:31pm On May 30, 2020
Jokerman:

Yes
Re: Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff by olawale1516(m): 8:31pm On May 30, 2020
Yxxx:

Don't loose hope.
I tired o, only in God we trust

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.