Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Corps Member (Imran Abdullahi) Sensitized Almajiris in Kano to COVID-19 Pandemic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corps Member (Imran Abdullahi) Sensitized Almajiris in Kano to COVID-19 Pandemic (230 Views)

Tahir Fadlallah Evacuated With Air Ambulance From Kano To Lebanon (Video) / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member (Imran Abdullahi) Sensitized Almajiris in Kano to COVID-19 Pandemic by ImranDlaw: 7:51pm On May 30, 2020
This last Wednesday been Children's Day in Nigeria, I spent my day sensitizing the underprivileged and vulnerable children (otherwise known as Almajiris) in Gwale, Kano State to COVID-19 pandemic.

They were sensitized on how best to pretect themselves against this global pandemic (Covid-19) through regular washing of hands or the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer; maintaining physical distancing; correct use of facemasks, etc.

They were also schooled on how to get in touch with both the State and National COVID-19 Task Forces if they experience the symptoms or know anybody with the symptoms of the disease .

The selected children have now memorised the respective agancies' contact numbers and are also brand new 'Community Immunity Ambassadors'.

In my own little way, I donated cash; sanitizers; multipurpose soaps; facemasks, etc.

My interactions with them have proven that with support, they too can be among the very best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corps Member (Imran Abdullahi) Sensitized Almajiris in Kano to COVID-19 Pandemic by ImranDlaw: 7:52pm On May 30, 2020
This is a clarion call on all levels of government to make children welfare especially the underprivileged and vulnerable ones among their priorities.

This is very important not only if a better future is to be secured for our dear country but also vital if banditry, arm robbery, thuggery, kiddnapping and every social menace are to curbed in the long run.

They are the future of this country and as such they deserve better always, otherwise they won't be able to give what they don't have later.

And a very good way towards ensuring a bright future for them is through the complete implementation of the Child's Rights Act of 2003 which include among other provisions; Right to compulsory, free and universal basic education; Right to nutrition, Right to general care and wellbeing; Right to healthcare; Right to shelter etc for every Nigerian child.
Re: Corps Member (Imran Abdullahi) Sensitized Almajiris in Kano to COVID-19 Pandemic by Lamasta(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2020
Its a welcome development you see some of those boys you see are intelligent but their major problem is food any other thing is a waste of time to them...
Re: Corps Member (Imran Abdullahi) Sensitized Almajiris in Kano to COVID-19 Pandemic by Kemimarch16(f): 7:58pm On May 30, 2020
Nice ideal

(1) (Reply)

NCDC: Human Error Or What? / “fasting, Prayers Cured Coronavirus” Tanzania President / Do You Have Any Health Conditions???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.